“Good value but service problems”

Quality Inn & Suites Pensacola Bayview
Ranked #27 of 65 Hotels in Pensacola
Reviewed 14 February 2014

The hotel is very conveniently located right off I-10. Our room was interesting, with 2 exits, one to an inner corridor, and a glass sliding door to our parking spot outside. The staff were very nice, and there was a dance band playing in the lounge when we checked in, which lent a festive atmosphere. We received a ticket from the management for 2-for-1 drinks. The room was clean, and fairly roomy. We encountered no problems until I tried to take a shower about 9:00 and found there was no hot water.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Estella03
7601QualityInnSuites, Guest Relations Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Pensacola Bayview, responded to this reviewResponded 19 February 2014

Our rooms do offer a front entrance (inside the building) and a back exit (to the parking lot or courtyard) for ease of access. We have a wonderful piano bar that offers a wide range of drinks, food, and entertainment for your enjoyment. We're so glad you were able to experience this great part of our venue. Large, clean rooms are exactly what every hotel should offer you for a comfortable "home away from home" experience. This issue with the Pensacola gas company struck us all by surprise when they hit that pipeline first thing in the morning without notice. There's obviously no "convenient" time to turn off the gas, but they sure picked the worst of times. We're so sorry for that awful inconvenience. Hopefully you understand this is not a normal occurrence and we can hope this will never be an issue again. Cold showers are for the birds!

Reviewed 3 February 2014

You get what you pay for at this hotel. The rooms are nothing special and really need to be updated but they are clean and comfortable. The breakfast is sooo boring but I'm sure it meets choice hotel standards so I can't really complain. Honestly we thought about moving hotels after our first night but decided it was not worth packing everything up again. There is plenty of good parking and its in a safe location.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family

Cleanliness and friendliness are two of our top priorities! Thank you for noticing the two characteristics we pride ourselves in. Come back to visit us again soon!

Reviewed 26 January 2014

Came into P'cola on a business tri right before Christmas. Booked the room through my companies website and got a really great rate. Hotel is nice. Looked like it was a former Ramada. Dated but I still like all the wood trim. Makes it look classic. Rooms are nice. Nothing fancy here but clean. Ashley, the front desk clerk was awesome. I forgot my phone charger and she had one and lent it to me. When I returned to finish my business there after the new year I went back. Didn't have time to make a reservation like be before but explained the situation and got a rate very close to the first one they gave me. Will stay here again when I return.

Room Tip: If you have a lot of stuff you need to unload ask for a room on the outside and back your vehicle ri...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business

Our amazing Ashley, again! We do love the positive feedback on our cheerful and helpful front desk staff. We're so glad you return to us each time you visit. Thank you for taking the time to give us feedback. I'll pass the word to Ashley. See you soon!

Reviewed 11 January 2014

This is a very large motel that appears to have been converted from something else. It needs some more attention to details. It is located across the street from the Bay, a gas station, and a DQ (the only food around, other than the bar food.) Soothing music was playing in the lounge when we arrived. Our king size bed and room were very comfortable. In the morning, an almost complete breakfast was available in a spacious room. No sausage or bacon. Eggs were the usual Quality Inn "Are they real?" fare. Only problem was that the fancy "wave your electronic key-card to unlock the door" system failed. The door on our room had been replaced (it was obviously smaller than the original) and the door could not be unlocked. The battery might have been worn out, too. We had to wait 30 minutes to get back into our room. We received some compensation for the delay in our travels.

Room Tip: No elevator, but the desk clerk stated it clearly when we checked in. It's a very large hotel so...
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family

We sincerely apologize for the lock problems caused by our newer system. Your time is important to us so the compensation is without question. Al Martin was the soothing sounds you heard in our lounge upon arrival. He is a fantastic piano player and plays for us every Thursday through Saturday night. Our complimentary breakfast offers a complete line of healthy and quick items to fill your morning plate very nicely. On days we may not offer sausage, we offer sausage gravy and boiled eggs for a fantastic protein alternative. We also offer yogurt every morning. Thank you so much for the great feedback!

Reviewed 30 December 2013

My wife and stayed here for two nights around Christmas again this year. As usual, the front desk was friendly and accommodating. The bed was comfortable, and they FINALLY upgraded the TV's to flat-screens!!! The bathroom was clean, although it could have used a little TLC (towel bar falling off the wall, shower head needing a scouring, etc.) The hot breakfast was satisfactory, particularly considering the price for the hotel. As far as location, can't get any more convenient to I-10 right between Pensacola and Pace/Milton.
Bottom line...for the money, this is the best hotel in Pensacola for those on a limited budget. To quote MrsNolaLocal..."Amazing Bang for your Buck"

Room Tip: Courtyard rooms feel safer and are much quieter. All smoking rooms are upstairs.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
7601QualityInnSuites, Guest Relations Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Pensacola Bayview, responded to this reviewResponded 3 January 2014

Yay! We have flat screens now! We were just as excited when the remaining ones came in. Frequent guest, such as yourself, are always a pleasure. Thank you for noticing our improvements and taking the time to post a review. Your business is much appreciated!

Reviewed 28 December 2013

I was in Pensacola to visit my dad. I brought the family along (wife & 2 kids ages 17 & 19). We wanted a bigger room and this was exactly what we needed. We didn't want to pay a lot (does anyone?) so we settled on this hotel. The exterior was not the greatest and some of the interior (carpet, walls) were not the best. But the suite was BIG and had 2 rooms. PERFECT! We stayed for 2 nights and were very pleased. There was a storm and the power went out but it was the entire block so there was nothing they could have done. The staff was VERY friendly (thanks Ashley!) They have a great little piano bar and a recreation area with a foosball and a pool table. Housekeeping was very attentive and provided us with everything we needed.

Room Tip: Room 102 was recommended by Ashley and it was great!
1  Thank Doug A

Even with that unexpected power outage, you still wrote such an amazing review! We appreciate this so much. We've been told that someone ran into a transformer and it took the crew hours to get the electricity up and going again. As you can imagine, things such as these are a nightmare for hotels! Thank you for being so understanding and we hope to see you on your next trip through!
I'll also tell Ashley you mentioned her. (These things make her smile even brighter.)

Reviewed 26 December 2013

Let me start off by saying that I work in a hotel. As part of the business, I understand why rates are what they are... It takes money, to keep things running. However, as a consumer, I often get sticker shock.

Not this time.

The rate was a flat $60/nt, no fees. With taxes, it was less than $70.

For a room with two beds, a balcony, a desk, nice chair, large flat screen tv, lavatory area separate from bathroom, mini fridge/microwave/coffee maker, with coffee and tea, plus condiments. The furniture was nice. The bed was nothing lavish.... fairly standard.... but it slept very well.

There were some awesome bonuses. Free Wi-Fi and a large complimentary breakfast top the list. We ate enough off the buffet alone, to almost make it worth our stay! The breakfast included sausage, egg, and biscuits, cereal, several types of good quality donuts, muffins, toast, fruit, a juice bar, and coffee. The worker was courteous, and kept everything well stocked/clean.

They have a pretty pool area. It was too cold to go in, but not to worry! They had a gaming area, as well, which included a pool table, fooz ball, and a video hunting game.

I was told there is also a piano lounge on site, but it was closed on the day I went in.... It closes on Sunday and Monday.

If I ever need to stay at a hotel again in this area, it is quite likely I would go here first. Even if I was willing to spend a bit more for a "nicer" room, I'd have a hard time convincing myself it was worth it.

The only "negatives" I saw, if I could even call it that, for the price, were:

The room had a faint musty smell. It was very light, and I would only notice it for about 10 minutes, after entering the room.

They have a first and second floor. You pay slightly more for the first floor, but there is no elevator.

Our shower curtain rod was missing two screws, one on each side. It looked nice, but the missing screws caused some water to leak out. Not a problem for us, but likely for them.

The overall maintenance was not done incorrectly, per say, but maybe a bit sloppily. In addition to what was already listed, things like paint on the door and tiles is another good example.

None of these changed how I felt about the place.... However, some people wouldn't like it, no matter the price.

Room Tip: They have smoking and non smoking rooms. The price difference is based off first or second floor. We...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family

We're so glad to hear you had such a wonderful stay and that you'll be back! While reading your review I thought, once again, how much I love this place! We love these helpful and detailed reminders about our venue. We can't wait to have you back again!