“Great Stay”

Quality Inn & Suites Pensacola Bayview
Ranked #27 of 65 Hotels in Pensacola
Reviewed 29 July 2014

We have stayed at this hotel before and will probably do so again. They have remodeled some of the rooms. During our last stay there was live entertainment w/food. I can't remember the man's name but he was great. More hotels should do this. After a long day of "playing tourist" it was nice to hear him play the piano and have an evening dessert.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Quality I, Guest Relations Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Pensacola Bayview, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review us and share your experiences at this hotel with other travelers. We do have a very unique restaurant with Al Martin in the Piano Bar and Bistro; there is nothing he cannot play. We are also very happy you enjoyed one of Chef Allen’s delicious desserts.

Reviewed 24 July 2014 via mobile

Location? Not great. You're about 35 min and a couple toll bridges from the beaches and attractions that you came to see. The rooms are merely average, more or less clean. Free breakfast is a farce to lure you into their overpriced restaurant. The dollar pool table was fun, pool was adequate. In retrospect, should have paid more and stayed somewhere a little nicer.

Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank Jason N

Most guest love our location and the beach is only 20 minutes away, unless you get caught in bad traffic, which can happen during the summer. There is only 1 toll bridge between the hotel and the beach and the cost is $1.00.
The Piano Bar Bistro just added a breakfast menu. We are very happy to be able to serve such a high quality breakfast for a very reasonable price. There is also a 10% off coupon available at the front desk.
The majority of our guests find this hotel a real value for all we offer and the superior staff we have. Thank you for staying with us, and we hope to see you again.

Reviewed 17 July 2014

This was a last minute choice. Most of the hotels in the area were filled and I was happy to find a room. I stay in Choice Hotels quite often (12-18 times/yr). I overnight approx. 200 nights / yr..

This Choice Hotel location needs a thorough inspection by the chain's quality control dept..

1) The (B) stairwell had the smell of urine. (Not sure if it was animal or human, but it doesn't matter.)
2) No elevators
3) The hallways have a musty, dusty smell.
4) The room was very, very musty smelling also.
5) I pulled the filters out of the a/c unit, and they were black with dirt and mold. After a thorough cleaning in the hot tub water w/ shampoo, and running the a/c for a couple of hours, the room actually smells better. (or I have become used to it????)
6) After a couple of hours of work, I turned the TV on to find the signal in this room was all but non-existent. A snowy screen. (See attached pictures) (Removed the cable from the tv and wall, inspected and reinstalled. Not any better.)

For the money ($100+), you would be better off at a $45/ nt. hotel where they leave the front porch light on for you.....

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
5  Thank sunshades1

First I want to apologize for your experience at our hotel. We have a regular cleaning cycle for the A/C coils and filters, did you report the filter problem to front desk so the issue could be corrected? The hallways are shampooed on a regular schedule, as are the stairwells. We also want to apologize for the television problem, with your feedback we did isolate a problem cable and replace, now the reception is great in the rooms. Thank you again for taking the time to review us and we hope to see you in the future,

Reviewed 14 July 2014

I wanted to write and say how much this hotel did to make our reunion enjoyable. We had family come in from all over and we were greeted and catered to really well. The rooms and common areas were large, updated and clean - not typically seen in the newer hotels. The food was pretty good, too. Thank you, Michael and staff.

Room Tip: ask for a suite
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 July 2014

I just spent the weekend there for my bi yearly family reunion. Seeing the family was great but service there was even better. I probably won't wait two years for a weekend getaway there. Hats off to the staff who went above and beyond the call. If you're looking for a top notch chocolate chip cookie, check with Heidi.

Room Tip: All rooms were great my family was pretty much spread out no complaints from anyone.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 July 2014

My friend and I stayed at your hotel in May! I worked for a hotel and I was most impressed with your hotel! Upon arrival your front desk agent was personable, friendly, and informative. The room was wonderful and extremely clean. The pool and landscaping were amazing. Breakfast was outstanding and your staff made sure that it was properly stocked. I enjoyed the view it was the best. In my opinion, this hotel is rated with 5 stars all the way. Thank you so very much for taking such good care of your establishment it shows all the way around!!!

Room Tip: A block away from the ocean!!!
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 12 July 2014 via mobile

Pretty nice hotel. We only stayed one night here, was just passing through. Can't complain about anything. Quite a few delivery food options in the area also, which is a plus. Would stay here again, but we are headed a little farther & to the beach. :)

Stayed: July 2014