“Trip Advisor ratings let me down on this one...” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Sole Inn and Suites

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Sole Inn and Suites
Ranked #21 of 63 Hotels in Pensacola
West Palm Beach, Florida
“Trip Advisor ratings let me down on this one...”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 August 2013

Stayed one night on our way out of Florida. Took a chance on the Sole because we didn't see a Marriott, Sheraton, etc. and Trip Advisor gave it good ratings. This is a really old, budget, chain style motel which has been remodeled by a new owner. The postings for the resort do not match our experience which is unusual for TA. When we arrived we counted more than a dozen homeless people within 100 feet of the motel. My kids were counting them from our window. As we drove by I commented to my wife "thank God we're not staying here ". She said "We are". If it was more than one night I would have went somewhere else. Bottom line is I would stay somewhere newer and by the water/ beach. Contrary to some of these postings it is not in a great location. The area looks run down.

Pros:
Cost
nearer to I-10 than the beach resorts

Cons:
Really old
Really, really small
Mold in shower
Shower leaks and runs hot/ cold mix
roach in shower
location in an area full of homeless
TV is approximately 17" and snowy

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank BamBamfromFlorida

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
Niceville, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2013

We don't live far from Pensacola, but needed a convenient hotel for the bridal party and out of town wedding guests. The hotel is around the corner from the church, and less than a mile to the reception. I called several other hotels in the area and was met with poor to non-existent service - as if to say we really don't want your business. (We ended up booking 18+ rooms at Sole) But the very first call with Justin set the tone for the entire time. Justin was pleasant, helpful and cheerful each and EVERY time we called or visited (which seemed weekly, then daily as the day approached). We were able to view the suites and the rooms ahead of time. We were provided a list of wedding guests that had reserved, so that we could do welcome bags(which were happily dispersed by the staff). Whatever our concerns or needs were, big or small, Justin and the staff were extremely helpful and friendly every time. Justin focused on our guests so we could focus on the bride and the day.

Room Tip: 3rd floor suite is the largest. Suite has a murphy bed and a large counter height work/hospitality t...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Mobile, Alabama
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2013

I stayed there with some friends for open gallery night July 19th, 2013. This hotel was the perfect location. You could walk anywhere you needed to go. The staff was fantastic, the manager was one of the nicest people I've met, the free happy hour was awesome; love that homemade salsa!! ;) Next time I stay in Pensacola this will definately be my first hotel choice. Thanks for making my first gallery night a wonderful experience.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
Sarasota, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2013

I am from Pensacola but living in Sarasota. We stayed here while visiting family. I know what it used to be and WOW! What a change! The rooms are not huge but very comfortable and well appointed. There is so much to do nearby within walking distance. Great restaurants, music and theater venues, shops and bars. Free wi-fi, great coffee, and free happy hour. Did I mention how awesome the staff is? They are amazing. Very helpful and quick to please. We will definitely be back and recommend to anyone who might ask.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Pensacola, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2013

I am a Pensacola local and I actually got a room here in an emergency when my kitchen was flooded. I live close to downtown and I had been curious about the place, so it made sense.

The employees were wonderful to me. The decor is funky and adorable and the motel is within walking distance of restaurants, live music, museums, parks and the new Blue Wahoos stadium. This would be a perfect place to stay for any of our numerous Downtown Pensacola events and festivals. I highly recommend it.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank nikkib4fl
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 July 2013

The lobby and continental breakfast were good and the staff was very helpful and accommodating. The room was not great. The room and bathroom smelled. The sink was covered in water spots and there was a 1/4 of a roll of toilet paper left when we got there. The shower had no water pressure whatsoever. Doubtful we'll be back.

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank Sicabonita
Panama City Beach, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 June 2013

Awesome staff - Justin, Amanda, John & Mark. Perfect location. In a beautiful area of magnificent restored churches and homes located on a boulevard. Bisrto restaurant on corner is good. It was an easy trip for us to Baptist Hospital for appointments.A comfortible home away from home. Enjoyed the happy hour too. Clean, clean, Clean!.

Kathryn Eastman-Greene
So Walton, Fl

Room Tip: Suites are the best - All good.
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
onthegoalotAtlanta, General Manager at Sole Inn and Suites, responded to this review, 26 September 2013
Thomas G, Thank you for taking time to write us the great review. Please visit us again on your next trip to Pensacola.
Mark Bodiford, General Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pensacola
Pensacola Grand Hotel
#22 of 63 in Pensacola
Residence Inn Pensacola Downtown
Hampton Inn & Suites Pensacola/Gulf Breeze
Days Inn Pensacola - Historic Downtown

Been to Sole Inn and Suites? Share your experiences!