“Truly a great deal!”

Ranked #23 of 65 Hotels in Pensacola
Castleberry, Alabama
“Truly a great deal!”
Reviewed 29 March 2010

This hotel was absolutely wonderful! Very clean, wonderful staff, awesome location, and much more! I'm telling all my friends about this place. Don't have your doubts because this place is the best!

• Stayed March 2010, travelled as a couple
onthegoalotAtlanta, owner at Sole Inn and Suites, responded to this review, 30 March 2010
Alright! Thank you for the great review!! We are so glad you had a super stay! We look forward to your return. Alan Williams

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
Houston, TX
Reviewed 20 March 2010

When the hotel we tried to book was sold out for a wedding, the reservations clerk said he had heard Sole was nice. He was right!
A very nice breakfast (incl.) and wine/cheese/fruit also included in the evening!
Only negative was that there were no towel rods in the bathroom to hang wet towels.
And the best part - a great price!!

• Stayed March 2010, travelled as a couple
onthegoalotAtlanta, owner at Sole Inn and Suites, responded to this review, 25 March 2010
Thank you for the kind review! We are glad you stayed with us. We are working on making sure that every room has robe/towel hooks. When we put in glass shower doors it did away with rods and we are addressing that problem. Thanks again Alan Williams
Atlanta
Reviewed 17 March 2010

I have traveled to Pensacola for business almost every week for the past 2 years and I always stay at Sole Suites. In the past, I stayed at the Marriott Courtyard or various B&B's but it was always a hassle.
The staff at Sole makes me feel "at home" on every visit. I enjoy the clean and modern decor in the rooms.
Also, the free happy hour from 5 -7 with wine, beer, and appetizers cannot be beat!
Sole is " a touch of class" in downtown Pensacola.
Andrea Borden Schmidt
Atlanta, GA

• Stayed March 2010, travelled on business
onthegoalotAtlanta, owner at Sole Inn and Suites, responded to this review, 19 March 2010
Thank you so much Andrea for your beautiful review!!! We have so enjoyed your loyalty and stays here at Sole'. It lets me know that we are doing it right when someone of your style and class finds this your home away from home! Alan Williams
Florida
Reviewed 11 March 2010

My husband and I stayed at the Sole Inn one night, on our way home from a business trip. I was delighted to see that the hotel owners have kept some of the signature architectural features of a mid-mod hotel (screen block, metal railings, horizontal emphasis), but modernized everything else, creating a super stylish and unique small hotel. I would have expected a remodel like this in south beach- the lobby was well appointed with some high end glass mosaics adorning the check-in desk and breakfast bar. There was a fantastic patio area with Sputnik-like fountain. It seemed like it would be a great place to kick back from an afternoon drink (we arrived late and it was cold so no patio timer for us). The room interior was also nicely done in a neutral palette with modernist touches in the design of the TV/desk area. The bathroom was small, but the black glass formed countertop and sink made it feel luxurious. There was a shower only (no tub) with glass door, but it was tiled, which also made it a step above the fiberglass tub and shower units you would find at a chain hotel. They offer a modest continental breakfast in the morning that includes yogurt, coffee, cereal and pastries. They sometimes offer midweek discounts if you call the hotel- we got a great rate on a Thursday night. It is located close to all the fun nighttime hangouts downtown. When we go to Pensacola again we will definitely be staying at the Sole.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled on business
onthegoalotAtlanta, owner at Sole Inn and Suites, responded to this review, 12 March 2010
Wow! Thank you so much for the great review. I just warms my heart when our guests get what I have tried to do here with Sole'. I am so appreciative that you took the time to list all the things you liked about Sole'. I am looking forward to your return (try a gallery night next time, it is so fun!) Thanks again! Alan Williams
Everywhere-USA
Reviewed 4 February 2010

If u are in Pensacola this is the place to stay. It has been a long time since I have encountered a hotel staff that cared u were there. The staff is amazing. I would definetly stay here again and think you should too.

• Stayed March 2010
Milton, Florida
Reviewed 18 January 2010

My wife and I stay here when we dine downtown on special occasions. I am always impressed with the cleanliness of the rooms and their decor. The staff is exceptional and the value is unbelievable. A real jewel. Rooms are fully equipped with everything you need. Staff is friendly and attentive. Job well done.

• Stayed January 2010, travelled as a couple
new york
Reviewed 17 January 2010

If you are traveling for business, do yourself a favor and forgo easy access to downtown, in favor of a good night's sleep. However, if you're looking to get drunk and stumble home, this is the hotel for you.

I travel for a living, staying in about 10 different hotels per year. This hotel by FAR has the worst mattress, linens and pillows I've ever experienced. If you've got any kind of back problem, you will regret staying in this hotel. Also contributing to my horrible night's sleep is the clientele. Because of it's easy-access location (about 10 minute walk to downtown bars) SOLE is a favorite for college-aged kids. I've stayed here for 2 nights now and each night I was awoken SEVERAL times by screaming from the parking lot, drunken laughter, and mistaken knocking at my door. I alerted management to the noise issue last night before going to bed and they seemed shocked that I'd been woken up, saying "We rarely experience that kind of disturbance". Well last night I was woken up at 1:15, 2:30 and again, at 3:48. Twice, when I called the front desk to complain, no one answered. The third time I called, a sleepy sounding manager said "I'll be right out" but the noise continued until around 4:10. Since this 'hotel' is a renovated motel- each room faces the parking lot, so there's no escaping the noise. I must say, even polite conversation on the outdoor patio carries, because of the motel's original design scheme- all the concrete and outdoor hallways act like acoustic enhancers.

According to some reviewers, this is a "boutique hotel". Having stayed in a true boutique hotel, I can assure you, SOLE does not qualify. Decor alone does not make you as a boutique hotel: great service, expensive linens and impeccable service do.

• Stayed January 2010, travelled on business
2 Thank vogliodormire
onthegoalotAtlanta, owner at Sole Inn and Suites, responded to this review, 2 February 2010
Thanks for you input . I am very sorry your stay at Sole' was not a good one. We srtive to offer "consistent quality" ( previous review) for a reasonable price. Our beds are of top quality and firm. If you have a back problem a firm bed may not suit you. Our linens are delivered daily by a company that is successful by offering resort style sheets and towels of high quality.(no you will not get 500 count egyptian cotton sheets at our rates.) I am sure other boutiques you have stayed at may have offered this but not at a $89 rate.I give each king bed six pillows and each double four that are not down but a hypoalergenic earth friendly material and have never had a complaint of their comfort. I offer a great product at a rate that is value oriented. Now , it is Mardi Gras on the gulf coast.. This season lasts about a month and the weekends can get a little festive at times. If you called the front desk and no one answered , it is because he was outside the office on a security walk and keeping a check on the revelers.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pensacola
Pensacola Grand Hotel
New World Inn
New World Inn
#29 of 65 in Pensacola
Hampton Inn & Suites Pensacola/Gulf Breeze

Been to Sole Inn and Suites? Share your experiences!