“Wonderful experiece!!!”

Sole Inn and Suites
Ranked #23 of 65 Hotels in Pensacola
“Wonderful experiece!!!”
Reviewed 25 June 2010

We had an excellent experience during our stay. We were part of a large group, and the owners and management couldn't have been more welcoming and cooperative. Our room was beautiful! A great Downtown location near restaurants, nightlife, art galleries, shops, etc. Can't wait to stay again!!!

• Stayed June 2010
onthegoalotAtlanta, Owner at Sole Inn and Suites, responded to this review, 28 June 2010
Thank you for the great review! It was so much fun working with your group! Hope we get to do it again. Alan Williams

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
Reviewed 25 June 2010

I stayed there with a group for a 3 nights and what a wonderful experience. The hotel rooms are beautiful with everything you need. The lobby is a perfect place to gather for breakfast or even happy hour, not to mention the perfect patio outside with an amazing fountain. Cental location to everything in town or even the beach. Would definately stay there again and recommend it to anyone.

Reviewed 19 June 2010

The hotel is located in the center of downtown pensacola convenient to everything. The staff including office and cleanining service were extremely friendly and the rooms offered everything you would need, coffee, refridgerator and microwave.

• Stayed June 2010
Thanks you so much! I think I have the best staff in Pensacola because they really care about our guests. It is exciting to show them the wonderful reviews we get. Hope to see you soon! Alan Williams
Florida
Reviewed 17 June 2010

The Sole Inn and Suites may be the best kept secret in Pensacola. It looks like a well maintained Key West Motel on the outside and gets even better on the inside. The owners spared no expense when the renovated this property. Located in the heart of downtown Pensacola, the Sole offers easy access to business, dining and entertainment. The rates are most affordableand the hospitality is priceless.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled on business
onthegoalotAtlanta, Owner at Sole Inn and Suites, responded to this review, 18 June 2010
Thank you for you wonderful review! I really appreciate you taking the time to let us know what we are doing right! I look fprward to your next stay. Alan Williams
pensacola
Reviewed 16 June 2010

Myself and a very large group stayed at Sole for a week and the rooms were gorgeous, the staff was so accommodating! Beautiful place and a gredat location, close to downtown and the beach.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank careyensacola
Thank you so much!! We really enjoyed your group and appreciate how fun and easy you were to work with. We can't wait till next year when we do it bigger and even better! Alan Williams
Santa Fe, NM
Reviewed 7 June 2010

My family stayed here on May 11, 2010. This apparently was an old hotel that someone decided to revamp on a very low budget. At first glance the room seemed fine. Upon settling in it wasn't clean, furniture was cheap, and they had NOT redone the shower from the previous hotel. The ceiling was peeling in the shower,and there was mold in several places. The handles and nozzle were almost falling out of the wall. The shower was just plain nasty. When in Pensacola next time we definitely will not stay there.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled with family
2 Thank christian08
onthegoalotAtlanta, Owner at Sole Inn and Suites, responded to this review, 16 June 2010
What can I say?It was not a very low budget remodel and my furniture is not cheap! The showers have the original tile on purpose! They were completely regrouted and acid cleaned during the remodel with seamless glass shower doors.They are very cool. (look at my web site for pics and check out the furniture while you are there ,no you won't see any brocaide shower curtains or wall paper borders although some find that impressive) . I checked the room upon check out...the beauty ring on one of the shower handles was loose...nothing was falling out of the wall? Yes there was a quarter size piece of paint flecking on the ceiling. The room was clean and I am a fastidious person. No mold just a couple of specs where bleach got on the chrome and left a black mark... anyone knows that happens at home, it is a chemical reaction to the metal. I don't understand the low value rating? Champagne taste on a beer budget. It was a $79 rate. I also don't understand the low service rating with no mention of any interaction with my staff? My staff are hospitality professionals , very kind and service oriented. At least they got the location rating right. Alan Williams
St. Petersburg, Florida
Reviewed 7 June 2010

I usually have few expetations when I stay in a motel, except for cleanliness and comfort. This "Inn" was neither clean nor comfortable. I arrived about 1:30 PM to check-in. They were still cleaning rooms and the desk clerk tried to be accommodating by putting me into a room she thought was clean. It had a foul smell because the trash had not be emptied from the previous guests lunch or dinner or both. I looked in the bathroom and their were long dark hairs all over the floor. I went back to the front desk and told them what I found. Since it was a bit early I said I would go have some lunch to give them time to get a King room ready as that is what I had reserved, not a double as the dirty one was.

I returned two hours later only to be given the key to the same room. The trash was gone but the hair was still on the bathroom floor and I noticed that one of the beds was askew. When I pulled the covers back, the same long black hairs were all over the sheets and pillowcases. I went to get the manager, who when shown the hairs, didn't appologize, but said "It happens sometimes that it doesn't come off during the laundry process." referring to the hair in the bed. He offered to have the room cleaned again and the bed change, but I asked for a different room. The second room was on the third floor, directly above the dirty one. It at least smelt cleaner and the bed linens were clean this time. I checked the bath floor and found no hair so I stayed.

If I had not paid for the room in full through Expedia, I would have left and found other lodging. The second room was a maintenance nightmare....mold and mildew in the shower and the drain cap was loose and dangerous, the bath lights turned off and on at will. The lampshade on the desk was broken and the mattresses were old, lumpy and unconfortable. The bed linens were of poor quality, a bed pillows cover was actually ripped all the way down one side and had been put on by the housekeeper. I had the clerk at the front desk replace it when I reported the lamp shade (I didn't want to be charged for damages that I was not responsible for).

I would not wish a stay at the Sole Inn and Suites on my worst enemy.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled solo
1 Thank Jess B
onthegoalotAtlanta, Owner at Sole Inn and Suites, responded to this review, 8 June 2010
Thank you for pointing out where we went wrong....You should have never been checked into that room. It had not been cleaned and had not been inspected. My Guest service rep made a mistake. We were full the night before and had to check out and then in the whole hotel.....housekeeping was short and overwhelmed that day. We have been open a year and a half...that is how old the mattress is, they are fliped and rotated on schedule. The next room you checked into you said was fine. Our linens are of resort quality and delivered daily...No they are not 700 count egyption cotton , not at an $89 rate. When you brought the torn pillow case to the front desk the clerk immediatley got you a new one and changed it out for you not good enough I imagine and don't worry ,we would not charge any guest for a crooked lamp shade. We will be happy to take care of any of your worst enemies but after a wonderful stay at Sole' they might not be an enemy anymore (smile) Alan Williams