“Clean, Neat ,Quiet & Amazing Stay !!!”

Red Roof Inn Pensacola Fairgrounds
Ranked #33 of 65 Hotels in Pensacola
Reviewed 12 July 2012

Me and my husband had a stop over for overnight while travelling to Orlando. We found out exit 7 on highway I-10 is the hub of hotels. dint know which one to go in to since there were so many, so stopped over at the gas station at the exit, called my daughter in Orlando, and she checked online and got back to us saying Red Roof Inn at exit 7 was the best budget hotel of all. So we pulled into Red Roof Inn, and we were attended well and we got a room for around $80. We checked into the room and it was clean and neat and quite reasonable for the price. The sheets were clean and air conditioning was working well unlike other hotels, the bathroom was neat and plenty of towels and though there was no bath tub, who needs one when all we need is to stay for a night, but the shower head was good with ample pressure. The gentlemen at front desk was kind enough to bring us some tooth brushes to our room which we forgot to pack. The room had small fridge, microwave and ironing board and hangers , just about all we need and expect in a hotel. We were served complimentary breakfast in the morning right before we left to continue on our trip to Orlando. I must say the overall stay was very comforting and it was quiet and pleasant stay. I highly recommend this hotel to others. For about $80 for the night, it was well worth it. I sure would stay back here when travelling back from Orlando after our vacation.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Rosie P

Reviewed 1 July 2012

Has the bathroom and shower of a Sleep Inn. Probably a franchise change. The room was clean. The bed was comfortable. The location is great, being near both restaurants and a gas station. Easy access to I-10 or Pensacola. I'll probably stay here when in the area in the future.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank advocon
Reviewed 28 June 2012

I booked this hotel because it was the highest rated on tripadvisor that was pet friendly and under $100.00. I have to say I was not impressed, but there was nothing really wrong with it either. Besides the blood spot on the wall above the headboard, the room was realativley clean. The water pressure was awful, but that's not the hotels fault. We paid $10 extra for a Superior King room, but I don't think it was worth it. I'd hate to see what the standard room looked like.The furniture was junky and arranged weird. The fridge/mirco was right inside the front door, which didn't shut correctly. The breakfast consisted of danish, bagels and coffee, not very outstanding. But, it's free so who can complain. The location was perfect, right off the insterstate which is exactly what we needed. I just think the price is too high for what you get, and considering other comparable hotels in the area were much less. There is no fee for the pet though, so that made up for it a little. If I stay in the area again, I will be trying a different hotel.

Room Tip: Don't pay the extra for the "Superior" room, unless you must have a king bed
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank KMarrone
Reviewed 22 June 2012

Hubby and I stayed here during our winter roadtrip and we hated it. Now I am not a frequent Red Roof Inn guest, but this place put a bad taste in my mouth. The room we stayed in looked NOTHING! like the professional pictures.

Let me repeat...the room we stayed in looked NOTHING like the professional pictures. Our room looked like a bad 80's motel room. Everything from the decor, the bed sheets, just everything was outdated.

I'm hoping this place had a serious remodel since then, because the advertisement if not is seriously misleading. I triple checked to make sure this was the same hotel we stayed at and it is.

I would only recommend this place to travelers with pets. I'm talking about obnoxious barking and potty training type of pets.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank TXtriptraveler
Reviewed 7 May 2012

I had a great experience while staying at this hotel, due to the excellent service given to me by Hari P. I am thankful for him going the extra mile to make my stay superb, and also the fact that I left my iphone charger in the room, and I called 2 days later, he found it, and mailed it to me.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank shelley m
Reviewed 30 March 2012

When in the Pensacola area and needing and extended length stay I would recommend this Red Roof location. Easy access to I-10 and surrounding eateries makes this location ideal. The morning breakfast is enough to get you out and going. Spacious parking makes it easy to come and go without worry about getting a spot later in the day.

Room are comfortable, affordable and clean. Pricing would allow you to have separate room for the kids if you need a break during a longer trip. The friendly helpful staff make returning to this location an easy choice.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank columbusCa
Reviewed 7 February 2012

I stayed at this Red Roof Inn for five nights - the purpose of the trip was meeting up with my family (my parents + my brother and sister-in-law) and then visiting extended family at different houses in the area. We weren't looking for a resort, just somewhere very safe to sleep and change clothes and keep our belongings - and this inn worked out really well for us. It is secure, quiet and clean, with lots of parking. The soda and ice machines were always stocked and working! - and there was great water pressure and lots of warm water in the showers. I especially liked it that the hotel has interior corridors and that the rooms don't open up to the outside.

The guys at the front desk were super-helpful in answering questions about the various types and locations of rooms and then making advance reservations for this block of three rooms for us. My parents needed a room with special accessible arrangements so I called several times with questions and to sort things out - they were always so friendly and polite on the phone as well as in person when I met them during our stay.

The housekeepers were also very friendly and energetic and they respected the "do not disturb" sign (which isn't always the case in hotels) - we were in and out a lot and wanted to just maintain our own rooms and privacy. They would always ask if they could do anything for us when we saw them in the hallways - they would trade out used towels for clean ones and were very attentive to make sure we didn't need actual service in the room.

MY ROOM -
I stayed in a superior king room - a really nice upgrade from a regular queen room. The king rooms have much more space, plus a refrigerator and a microwave. There is a good-sized standing shower with glass door - there is a separate sink and mirror area outside of the shower/ bathroom area. The work area seemed like it would be very functional if you were staying there for work - a wide desk along the wall with a nice rolling/ reclining chair. There are a couple of other chairs spaced around if you have people come into your room to visit or whatever. The AC was cold, the heat was hot, the fan setting worked well to circulate when I didn't want it to be any different temp than it already was. Linens were clean and the bed and pillows were soft and just right. My room really was clean all over - I didn't see a single bug (or hair belonging to previous guest!) floating around anywhere. The towels and washcloths are smaller and not thick at all (standard-issue white motel towels) but they served their purpose and there were lots of them - it was very nice to have some extras compared to some places which just provide a couple. The plastic cups are disposable, wrapped in plastic - sometimes I really prefer this instead of having breakable (and unsealed) glassware floating around.

I originally had requested my room for the third floor but the staff hooked me up in an adjoining room next to my parents on the second floor. It was very nice for them to think ahead of our arrival and give us a choice of doing this - good to be able to turn the rooms into one giant room for part of the day or evening and then close the doors between us at night. Now, after staying there, I would choose a room on the second floor for sure because there is a wide open set of angled stairs that connects the middle of the second floor hallway with the lobby - nice and faster to be able to run up and down the stairs between those floors without waiting for the elevator.

There is a complimentary desktop computer setup in the lobby next to the front desk - you can print from it - used it several times to print something for my Dad. For everything else, the internet service in the rooms was fast and very easy to access. I'm not sure if the in-room access is wireless or wired or both because I didn't try it without the router - I had brought along a small router to enable secured wireless access throughout the room - it worked great, and through the wall into my Dad's room as well. The ethernet cable that was provided *might* be long enough to reach a laptop on the foot of the bed, if you had to use wired access. I believe there is also complimentary wireless internet access in the lobby area - there is a nice area with several couches and chairs.

BREAKFAST -
Complimentary continental breakfast offered daily until 9am (and later !) This might have just been a fluke during our visit, but we would be in the breakfast area and my parents commented several times "how nice it was" that breakfast wasn't immediately removed at 9am on the dot like some other hotel/motel locations in the immediate area - the staff would leave it set up for quite awhile after 9am. I think maybe 9am is when they stop replenishing the foods so I wouldn't count on finding anything if you go down later - but it was very nice (especially for seniors who sleep later, get to the breakfast area at 8:30 or so and then like to linger at breakfast) for the staff to allow the food that was already on the display stay out for a bit longer instead of whisking it away right at the ending time (whether people are in the area or not). I understand the reasons why other hotels/motels might need to take everything up on time but this was a definite perk of staying here to my parents for sure!

Continental breakfast (in January 2012 anyway, because availability might change from one stay or season to the next!) -----> orange juice, coffee, milk, tea and hot chocolate packets, toast, different kinds of bagels, fruit danish, small muffins, instant oatmeal packets (plain as well as many different flavors), several different types of dry cereal, fruit (apples and bananas) - and small sealed containers of peanut butter and cream cheese for the bagels and toast. The breakfast area is in two rooms on the first floor - one room with the self-serve foods/drinks displayed, along with a toaster, microwave, hot water dispenser - - and then a separate room with a flat-panel television mounted on the wall and quite a few tables and chairs. It was not crowded at all when we were there.

NEARBY-
Within walking distance - McDonald's, Cracker Barrel, Ruby Tuesday, Burger King, Waffle House, Sonny's BBQ. Starbucks is just over a mile north (corner of Pine Forest Rd and W Nine Mile Road)

Hotel location is immediately across from the I-10 eastbound onramp - easy on and off the freeway for sure.

The whole experience was positive - I have nothing negative to say in the least about this hotel and its staff - really had no expectations going in and would absolutely stay here again. I believe it is owned and operated by a family who has chosen their additional support staff very carefully - it is obvious that all of them care about their guests and that it's not just a job to them - it is their business. The owner/manager is highly visible and was constantly checking to be sure all was going well when we would pass by him at the desk or in the hallways. We had no complaints but if we had, I feel certain that he would have done whatever he could to be sure our stay was as good as he could make it.

Room Tip: Second floor has a wide open staircase connecting it to the center of the lobby - faster in/out acce...
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family