“musty smelly”

Red Roof Inn Pensacola Fairgrounds
Ranked #33 of 65 Hotels in Pensacola
Reviewed 16 July 2013

We were in Pensacola on last weekend and stayed in a Red Roof Inn and it was so musty and smelly and we sprayed and could not get the smell out. the bathroom was so small it was hard to use. the towels were so hard and not very clean. No coffee pot, no refrig, no micro wave just a small table for your computer and it was hard to use the internet it kept shutting Down and you had to start over and go through their site you couldn't walk between the bed and the desk if some was sitting in the chair. If you turned the air down it turned itself back up. the t.v. did not have cable stations worth looking at. glad I only stayed one night. no breakfast, small lobby, very poor conditions. will not stay there again.

Room Tip: There were no good rooms I asked for a 1st floor room. it was hard to actually find the drive way...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Angela B

Reviewed 14 July 2013

Upon our arrival when the I went to use the commode and found a large defecation (voided feces from the bowels) jn it! Disgusting! We should have departed right then, but we had driven a long way from Texas to visit my granddaughter at Pensacola Naval Base, it was the Fourth of July week, and we were dead tired! When we pulled down the covers of the first bed, we saw human hair on the sheet. With that, my daughter went to the front desk and reported the state of the commode and the bed. She was given clean sheets to remake the bed...which we did ourselves. The other bed appeared to be clean. We are an 86-year-old woman and a 52-year-old daughter who have slept in many different hotels and motels all over the country & this one we call the "Bates Motel."

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 July 2013

I had received a voucher for 2 free nights, so I decided to take a weekend get away with my daughter and nephew. We arrived at the hotel in the evening, the night shift guy was extremely slow at checking us in! (I was 7 months pregnant) He asked if we wanted a smoking room, I said No, he replied in a rude tone if I smoke in the room I will be charged a fee and not to smoke in the room?! Talking about weird and uncomfortable! I assured him that he had no worries...LOL! Then I asked if he knew any restaurants nearby that were open, he said he don't know the area...WOW! Lucky me to have a smart phone, no problem, I looked it up and voila! Later that evening, my teenagers got hungry, went to ask front desk guy if they had a microwave to warm up the food, he told them where the kitchen was, while they were waiting on the food to warm up, he kept on checking on them, my 13 year old daughter called me and says "mom this guy is freaking me out, he keeps watching us". I brought it to his attention that I did not appreciate his attitude and making us feel uncomfortable! The middle aged gentleman that worked in the morning was a friendly and knowledgeable, even though he apologized for the other guy's behavior, I still wouldn't stay there again!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank BeautifulSoul07
Reviewed 30 June 2013

Traveled with our pet this time and Red Roof does allow free pets so we figured we'd try it out. This was our first Red Roof Inn. It wasn't bad. My first impression walking into the room was 50/50. Room was small. Bed was a queen. One of the smallest hotel rooms I've ever stayed in. Cleanliness is a priority over anything. The room was clean. Old, but clean. No bugs. Random part , the room didn't have a trash can, so we had to take our trash out to the main lobby. If your traveling through and just need a low cost place to stay, this place would work. If your staying more than a day, I would pass only because the room was so small and the room decor was old. It needs to be updated. One thing the staff did was REALLY lay on the air fresheners. It was strong and it hit you once you open up the door. Our guess was to mask an "old" smell that could be cured if they just updated.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank o_Travel_by_car_o
Reviewed 21 June 2013

Very convenient to the highway, clean, had a microwave and refrigerator, decent-sized room, the usual breakfast. The pool looked nice, but we did not use it. The poor guy at the front desk also had to man the breakfast room and appeared to be frazzled, but he maintained his good humor. Overall, it was a good value. I would recommend it.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 June 2013

Stayed here two nights while visiting friends. While room was nice it was small for two people. Price was good, but no refrigerator or microwave. Continental breakfast was right across hall. Fast food nearby.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
An EasyToBook.com traveler
Reviewed 8 June 2013

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Thank An EasyToBook.com traveler