“Good Value”

Red Roof Inn Pensacola Fairgrounds
Ranked #34 of 65 Hotels in Pensacola
Reviewed 1 August 2014

If coming to Pensacola is your family's major annual vacation, spring for a bigger, nicer room elsewhere -- undoubtedly the Holiday Inn across the street or better yet, somewhere closer to the beach. On the other hand, if what you're looking for is just a clean, safe place to sleep for a few nights, this hotel is really a good value. My kids and I stayed here for four nights while we were in town visiting family and it suited our needs just fine. The rooms were outdated and smelled sort of musty, but they were definitely clean. Every staff member I encountered while we were here was very helpful. The breakfast was exactly what you'd expect for the price -- prepackaged pastries, bagels, and packages of oatmeal. We stayed in room 330 and it was completely quiet, because it was on the highest floor, tucked away in a corner, overlooking an underused parking area at the back of the hotel. It had a fridge and a microwave. The kids loved the pool and it was much cleaner and in better shape than I expected.

My only other complaints are that I could not access the wifi network at all from my room and my coffee pot was broken (I asked for a new one, but alas, none was ever brought...). I wasn't overly concerned about either of these things.

All in all, I'm glad we stayed here and saved the $$$ we would've spent for a more updated room elsewhere. Honestly, I've paid much more to stay in worse hotels!

Room Tip: Room 330 is very quiet -- highest floor, on the very end of the hallway away from the elevator, at t...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank M0mmyNeedsaVacati0n

Reviewed 20 July 2014 via mobile

A solid room they just repainted and redid the carpets non smoking double bed room very clean hot hot shower fridge microwave pool view. Definitely stay again don't see what the other people are complaining about its a 79 dollar room not a resort hotel but a solid room either way and the gas station and restaurants are walking distance.

Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank Alma H
Reviewed 26 June 2014

The room was clean and staff were wonderful. Only a shower, no tub so not good for my mom. Room felt damp and small. My daughter loved the pool. Internet signal in the room is not strong and sometimes could not use at all. Our experience was not bad, but don't think we will stay again. Could hear a lot of doors slamming and people talking also.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Crystal M
Reviewed 25 June 2014

We chose this hotel because the location (the Perdido key exit) and the excellent price! It is about 30 min from the beaches. Our room, though outdated was clean and spacious. The pool alone was worth staying here. It (3-5ft) was perfect for our young children. We had it to ourselves and the kids swam until check out! The breakfast met our expectations. The staff was helpful and polite. If you are looking for a bargain and don't mind outdated, but clean rooms, you will be satisfied.

• Stayed: June 2014
3  Thank Preggomomma
Reviewed 24 June 2014 via mobile

The first room they gave us smelled like smoke and mildew even though it was supposed to be non smoking. The second room smelled clean but was not very clean. I had a second night of not sleeping in hotels in Florida. Can't wait to get back home and sleep tonight!

Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank Emttex
Reviewed 20 June 2014

The shower is beyond awesome.. very nice room, very clean & modern looking, abundance of towels, everything worked, smelled great.. right across the street from Cracker Barrel, Waffle House, McDonalds & gas station. I was very surprised for the price I paid was not expecting such quality. Again,awesome shower..

• Stayed: June 2014
3  Thank Love_amenti
Reviewed 17 June 2014

We stayed in this Red Roof last year and stopped here again. Staff is friendly and helpful. Rooms are small but the rate is good. All is clean. It is convenient to I-10 and chain restaurants. If you want a larger room you will pay more. Continental breakfast is served early. Would stop here again.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple