“Too expensive to have THIN walls!”

Hilton Garden Inn Pensacola Airport -Medical Center
Ranked #2 of 65 Hotels in Pensacola
Reviewed 24 June 2013

Upon arrival, which check in time is 3pm, my family arrived at 245pm and I was rudely turned away and was told,"we were sold out last night, and your room is not clean and we may need you to check in later" I then responded," so will the room be ready by 3?" The young man then replied," maybe,not sure,hope so, but we will all see" I could not believe such a response, for such a high priced hotel. My family left,and we drove around the area for another 45mins.When we returned, he was gone and another lady said, "the room is not ready,but allow me to find another room for your family". We checked in and the lobby, weight room,and entire facility was very nice. The bathrooms were clean,and I was pleased. Later that night, after dinner, we returned to go to bed and I will say, this was the worst mattress in the world. It was hard as a rock. I though I was being Pranked by Ashton Kutcher. I asked my son was his bed as hard and he said, it was really firm,but not as hard as mine. It felt as if there was a board under the mattress. I was tired, so I dealt with the bed, but around midnight, I could hear the person in the next room snoring. The first night, I also ignored it, but by the second night, I was livid. I was awaken at 3am, but the other room. The walls are paper thin. The snoring was insane. I immediately woke my husband, and said.."can you hear that?" I sat there wide awake, and then I called the front desk to complain. The attendant, didn't apologize or really seem to care. The next morning, when I checked out, I mentioned the snoring to the morning attendant, and she replied.." Sorry, we get that complaint all the time, when the made this place,they didn't make the wall too thick". She then said, thanks for staying. There was no discount, refund, empathy, NOTHing! The one good thing I will say is that they had a huge, Buffett style breakfast. The only zinger is, they wanted to charge 9.00 for myself,husband,and two boys and the kids plate was 6.99( my youngest is 4yr!) we said, no thanks and drove two miles to the great Waffle House and had a wonderful meal for 20bucks. This two night, hard bed,and crappie walls cost me 355.00! I won't revisit the Hilton ever again.

Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank Myra1234

Reviewed 24 June 2013

This hotel was an excellent choice. It was quiet and in a safe area. Good restaurants were nearby including Dunkin Donuts, TGI Fridays, McDonald's and more. My only mix-up is that I expected the excellent free Embassy Suites breakfast but the breakfast offer here is about $10 in the restaurant.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 21 June 2013

This hotel is the best for service, food, quality! The hotel staff goes above and beyond to make your stay the best it can be! My mother has traveled with me once and she loved the experience as well.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 12 June 2013

I really Enjoyed My stay at this Hotel & I would strongly suggest it for anyone who visits Pensacola,Florida.The staff are clearly Trained in Hospitality & will go above & Beyond.They will meet all your needs & make sure that you are well taken care of.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Michael C
Reviewed 8 June 2013

My experience was great. I rated this Hotel High because they earned it. They did everything to make things right. I had no problems during my stay. However, the spirit of this Hotel was one of confidence and Pride. I was a Marine Drill Instructor for 6 of my 20 years of service and I know Professionalism, quality and cleanliness Thanks W. Riley US Marines Ret

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Riley W
Reviewed 5 June 2013

The airlines put me up here because of a travel problem, and I was glad they did. In every way I am a convert to Hilton brand now. This was an airport hotel, but I felt pampered all along the way, from the shuttle, to the entrance, the fresh cookies, inviting fireplace, spacious, bright lobby with restaurant....

After average hotels with mediocre sleep, coming to this Hilton shifted my hotel experience...I relished the bed. The number and type of pillows makes you feel more like home. Great sleep!

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 3 June 2013

The Hilton Garden Inn was an excellent choice for us from our friends who are local residents. Everything was very positive from the room to all the amentities. The restaurants, shopping and general location, including the proximity to the airport was very convenient.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple