“Overnight stay at the Pensacola Airport Hilton Garden Inn”

Hilton Garden Inn Pensacola Airport -Medical Center
Ranked #3 of 65 Hotels in Pensacola
Reviewed 24 February 2014

We selected the Pensacola Airport Hilton Garden Inn for a combination of reasons - free shuttle from the airport, the Hilton name, and our previous experience staying at properties managed by Highpointe Hotel Corp. The shuttle pickup was a matter of minutes after our baggage arrived, with a nice southern hospitality welcome by the driver. The property was very up to date and the front desk staff helpful and welcoming. We had dinner at the hotel and would rate it as a terrific value - fine dining at an affordable price. Our dinners were cooked perfectly and served by a friendly server. The room was clean and comfortable with a nice HD tv and great pillows.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 24 February 2014

We booked the Hilton Garden Inn for my daughters Wedding reception and are extremely pleased with the service. We got rooms for the night before so we were on site to get things ready in the morning and found the hotel beautiful and very clean. The staff was very accommodating. They had to work hard into the night to get our room ready because there was an event there until very late the night before. When we got up the room was clean and all set up and ready to go. The food was excellent and the presentation was beautiful. From the minute we arrived until we left the staff was so friendly and willing to help with anything we needed. I would highly recommend them.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 February 2014

I had a first class experience with this facility and plan to bring my military reunion group back in the fall! The staff was exceptional from the front desk to my shuttle ride to the airport. Job well done!!!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 9 February 2014

Nice helpful staff, Nice clean new Hotel. Located in middle of Pensacola. Easy access to medical center, airport, dinning, malls & lots of shopping. In the middle of everything and yet only 30 minutes from beautiful beaches, 15 minutes from downtown.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 February 2014

I know this Hilton property better than most. I have been staying here since they open the doors about 3 years ago. In fact they were barely open the day I stayed one night as it was just me and one or two other guests. Since then I have been here at least once per month and sometimes two or three times per month. The location is good and local restaurants are near by. The bar area is OK and the restaurant runs from good to average depending on the day of the week. The breakfast buffet was very good but my past few visits I feel the food has taken a hit. The service is very good and check in is always a breeze. Well everyone knows me when I walk in the door so they do bend over backwards as I have make it well known on previous visits what I expect when I check in. Some rooms are better than others. The standard room is slightly small and in some rooms you get soaked trying to turn the shower on because of poor design. The larger rooms give you more space and you don't feel cramped. I do hear other guests from time to time depending on the room I am in. The rooms facing Airport Blvd you do hear the road noise as the street is very busy. The internet connection is very good and the is a very good work area to place you laptop on a desk away from the sleeping area. The dinner service is good but I usually go out as there are so many local places just down the road to eat at. I have stayed at the Hampton Inn and the Courtyard nearby and the Garden Inn is by far the best place. It's upscale and the staff usually makes you feel that you are in a upscale facility. I feel safe here as this is in a very good part of Pensacola. There is plenty of shopping near by and if you get sick one of the best hospitals is just down the road. If you stay at Hilton Garden Inns this place will not disappoint and is better than other Garden Inns I have stayed at in other cities.

Room Tip: Try to get a room on the back side away from Airport Blvd as the road is very busy and noisy most of...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Lawrence B
Reviewed 1 February 2014

Very comfortable rooms, nice lobby area with a bar and restaurant open into lobby area. Only complaint I have is they ask you to unload and reload luggage in rear of hotel and I did not feel safe as it backs up to a commercial area. Also, the back door reqires your key to enter and mine would not work, but fortunately another guest was coming out and I was able to get in. The next morning it was raining and this back entrance does not have a cover over the loading area and I had a lot of luggage that got wet, along with myself. I expressed my displeasure with the desk when I checked out and suggested they need to cover the area if they want you to load and unload in rear. They have a cover over front, but don't allow you to use to load - unload. I guess they don't want you hauling luggage etc through lobby. I am a HHonors Gold member, but will try and find another hotel partner when I am in Pensacola.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 19 January 2014

We had to check out a day early at an odd our due to an emergency at home. Desk staff could not have been more helpful. Our conference room was well equipped and the staff was accommodating when we opted for a different arrangement of tables and chairs. The location was about a mile from the interstate, making it convenient for arrival/departure, as well as exploring the greater Pensacola area.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business