“Beautiful”

and up
Civil War Tour of Pensacola
Ranked #4 of 107 things to do in Pensacola
More attraction details
Owner description: The Best View in Town! Climb 177 steps up the historic Pensacola Lighthouse & Museum for one of the most beautiful views on the Gulf Coast. Built in 1859, the lighthouse is located on board NAS Pensacola.The top of the tower offers stunning views of Pensacola Pass (where Pensacola Bay meets the Gulf of Mexico), three forts, the Pensacola skyline and the historic Navy Yard. The fully restored Keepers' Quarters, built in 1869, is home to a museum and a gift shop. Visit this historic spot in America's First Settlement, established in 1559. Make a day of it and visit the National Naval Aviation Museum and Fort Barrancas while you're here. Our nature walk takes you to the white sands of beautiful quiet-water beach–a perfect beach for kids. Bring the family and a picnic lunch and stay a while. The Pensacola Lighthouse and museum is open 7 days/week. Special tours include Blue Angel practices, Light of the Moon and Ghost Hunts. Private tour and function times available as well.
Avon, Indiana
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Beautiful”
Reviewed 1 July 2014

Loved the artifacts of the Lighthouse and the ability to climb to the top.Even though I had to overcome my fear of heights, claustrophobia, and vertigo I was determined to go to the top! Broken, the light keeper was knowledgeable and I loved hearing him talk about how the lighthouse works and its history!

Champaign, Illinois
20 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“A long way up!”
Reviewed 1 July 2014

I told my family I was not going to go to the top of the lighthouse but I did want to see the lighthouse keepers house. It was 20 dollars for our family of four to go and view the house and it also gave you access to climb the lighthouse if you wanted. My kids were dying to climb it, so up we went! It is 177 steps on a spiral staircase but it was worth it once you got to the top. I would definitely recommend doing the climb if you are able to do so. Our knees were like jelly when we got down but it remains a great memory for all of us. My kids ages 7 and 9 still talk about it a month later. I am glad that we did this!

3 Thank Jana K
Guthrie, Kentucky
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Awesome!”
Reviewed 1 July 2014

177 steps to the very top of the light house and you will NOT be disappointed! Walking around the top exterior of the light house in the cool breeze was very refreshing!

Florida Panhandle, Florida
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“Scenic location”
Reviewed 1 July 2014

It's a long walk to the top, but the view from there is inspiring. The path to the environmentally protected / sensitive beach needs to be rebuilt - it's a rough walk, but worth it. Wear sneakers, not sandals.

South Fulton, Tennessee
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Love it”
Reviewed 1 July 2014

I'm love it.. It was beautiful at the top.. I'm not a fan of heights but I made it to the top & love it & might do it again. Would love to see the Blue Angel's fly from up there.