“Great Soul Food, Great Service”

Five Sisters Blues Cafe
Ranked #9 of 664 Restaurants in Pensacola
Price range: US$10 - US$15
Cuisines: American, Bar
Good for: Kids, Groups, Child-friendly, Bar Scene, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Cheap Eats
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Brunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Newark, Delaware
“Great Soul Food, Great Service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2014

My niece, her husband and young son went with me for lunch and everyone loved it! We were seated right away with a warm welcome and got our drink order in moments after we sat down. Our waitress was very helpful, the restaurant allowed substitutions and everything tasted fresh and delicious. They make their own sauces and dressings and it certainly adds to the meal. I started with fried green tomatoes, served with two different dipping sauces, then had a plate of 3 different sides. Great home cooking with a soul food twist at a reasonable price! This restaurant is in the downtown area of Pensacola. Under the question, "Does this restaurant have the following?" I didn't pay attention to anything asked except the outdoor seating. I only noticed that because we passed some of it on our way in. We were so hungry, we had tunnel vision.

• Visited June 2014

Tupelo, Mississippi
“Delicious food, friendly staff.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 June 2014 via mobile

Arrived for an early dinner with my family of 5. Seen the pictures online and just had to try the fish(they cooked mine grilled) and cheese grits with shrimp on side and boy was it fantastic!!! Came with a side cup of slaw of my choice. I ate every bite! My husband said it was awesome. He enjoyed the large burger with the fried egg & bacon on top it too was off the charts! Kids enjoyed chicken and shrimp baskets. The chicken tenders were amazingly yummy! Fast and friendly service. The place had soft blues music playing in the background. Not too fancy. (We can in with beach hair)Decent prices. If back in the beautiful Pensacola historic downtown area would stop in again & try more food! Love the southern & soul atmosphere.

“Great Southern soul food restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 June 2014 via mobile

On Vacation and I looked this place up and seen that it had been given a lot of stars from all the people who ate here. Service was great and the chicken and waffles were delicious. Pork chops awesome and seafood sampler was awesome also. If your ever in Pensacola please give this place a try. Also several people in my family dined for under a $130 dollars tip and tax included.

Pensacola, Florida
“French Quarter dining in Pensacola”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 June 2014 via mobile

Ate here twice, first time was a couple years ago, Then again for Sunday brunch this weekend. It was great 2 years ago but even better the other day. Most restaurants go down in quality and service over time, not 5 sisters!

They had a great jazz band playing while we enjoyed our delicious meal. We had fish and grits and the 3 piece chicken dinner. Delicious!

When I'm in town I drive by this place several times per week. It is always busy and often packed, not surprised!

If you are wondering if you should try it, you should. Great decor, service and reasonably priced.

The homemade cobbler was also delicious.

Bon Appetite, Enjoy!

1 Thank Travelinman31
Fayetteville, Arkansas, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“excellent local grits”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 May 2014

We have been coming to Pensacola for over 30 years and wanted to find a local spot with great food. We had fried chicken, fried green tomatoes (best ever), cheese grits, okra and a few other items ALL GOOD! We now have a new spot to make it to on our annual vacation to Pensacola Beach. And the crowd was local genuine folks that clearly loved where they were and what they were eating!

• Visited May 2014