“Gem of a Find”

Five Sisters Blues Cafe
Ranked #9 of 669 Restaurants in Pensacola
Price range: US$10 - US$15
Cuisines: American, Bar
Good for: Kids, Child-friendly, Groups, Local cuisine, Bar Scene, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Brunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“Gem of a Find”
Reviewed 20 June 2014 via mobile

Took my family here after reading tripadvisor reviews and we were pleasantly surprised! My kiddos (8 and 7) loved the food, specifically the fries and my fiance loved his alligator poboy. My shrimp poboy was tender and great too! We sat out on the deck and had attentive service and they were super nice to our kids. Price was right and the kids kept begging us to go back for the remainder of our trip there. We will be back.

Fort Lauderdale, Florida, United States
“Great Food, Service Could Improve”
Reviewed 19 June 2014

We arrived toward the end of lunch...around 1:00 on a Tuesday. There was a good crowd when pulled in the parking lot & opted to sit outside. It took a while to have a waitress come to the table to take drink orders & then again to place food orders. All 4 in the party had sandwiches...Shrimp PoBoy, Fried Green Tomato BLT, Hickory Smoked Pulled Pork & Smoked Turkey & Bacon. ALL the food was FABULOUS! The cole slaw is wonderful as are all of their sides. Substitutions are not a problem! The interior is comfortable & bathrooms are clean! There was no music when we visited, but I would definitely go back! Brunch looked amazing & Five Sisters appears to be a very popular eating establishment. It took time to get the bill...we had to go inside to look for our waitress, but despite mediocre service a repeat visit would be anticipated! If you're downtown Pensacola, stop in for good eats!

• Visited June 2014
Niceville, Florida
“Not like Mama's”
Reviewed 17 June 2014

Recently tried Five Sisters Blues Cafe for the second time. Decided not to report the first visit as it was mediocre and the service was lacking. Out of grace I did not post and wanted to try this place again. Love the decor, the location, the whole story behind this restaurant. On the first visit I had the pork chops. They tasted as if they had been baked and then fried as an afterthought. Turnip greens were bitter. Sweet potatoes were excellent! Service was not very good with long waits for one refill and extra butter. On the second visit, I had the special of the day - grits with fried fish and shrimp. The fish was dry and was not fresh fried but seemed frozen and baked. Grits tasted as if they had been cooked in broth and the broth taste was overpowering. Fried shrimp were cold. For the side, black eyed peas that tasted like they were from a can. Southern cooks can vary in their preparations but both meals seemed to be processed before hand and not a fresh, southern, homestyle meal. Excellent service the second trip.

• Visited May 2014
Newark, Delaware
“Great Soul Food, Great Service”
Reviewed 16 June 2014

My niece, her husband and young son went with me for lunch and everyone loved it! We were seated right away with a warm welcome and got our drink order in moments after we sat down. Our waitress was very helpful, the restaurant allowed substitutions and everything tasted fresh and delicious. They make their own sauces and dressings and it certainly adds to the meal. I started with fried green tomatoes, served with two different dipping sauces, then had a plate of 3 different sides. Great home cooking with a soul food twist at a reasonable price! This restaurant is in the downtown area of Pensacola. Under the question, "Does this restaurant have the following?" I didn't pay attention to anything asked except the outdoor seating. I only noticed that because we passed some of it on our way in. We were so hungry, we had tunnel vision.

• Visited June 2014
Tupelo, Mississippi
“Delicious food, friendly staff.”
Reviewed 15 June 2014 via mobile

Arrived for an early dinner with my family of 5. Seen the pictures online and just had to try the fish(they cooked mine grilled) and cheese grits with shrimp on side and boy was it fantastic!!! Came with a side cup of slaw of my choice. I ate every bite! My husband said it was awesome. He enjoyed the large burger with the fried egg & bacon on top it too was off the charts! Kids enjoyed chicken and shrimp baskets. The chicken tenders were amazingly yummy! Fast and friendly service. The place had soft blues music playing in the background. Not too fancy. (We can in with beach hair)Decent prices. If back in the beautiful Pensacola historic downtown area would stop in again & try more food! Love the southern & soul atmosphere.