“Food sucked and so did the service”
Review of Tequila Mexico - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Tequila Mexico
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 27 February 2012

Food sucked took forever to get served the waitress was terrible she never offered any refill the only time you saw her was to take the order bring the food out and then bring the check... The food when it did get there was cold the I could get better Mexican food at taco bell....I would not go back

1  Thank richardlee850

Reviewed 28 January 2012

We pulled into an almost empty parking lot which kind of scared me being as it was 5pm on a Saturday afternoon. After being seated by the manager, he leaves us and goes to the bar and begins drinking a beer in plain sight of everyone in the dining area as well as the bar. We were seated at the only booth on the entire wall without a working tv, however my husband being the Mr. Fixit he is, managed to get it working right before we left. We had 2 waitresses which kept us guessing exactly who our waitress really was. We ordered unsweetened tea with the intention to add our own artificial sweetener, however they only had sugar and saccharine, neither of which I can consume, so I drank it unsweetened. We ordered the combination fajita dinners (steak, chicken & shrimp) and a kids cheese quesadilla with fries. When the meals were delivered my husband only had 1 shrimp, a huge piece of steak gristle, and mostly a ton of peppers and onions drenched in oil. My plate had 3 shrimp, a big piece of steak gristle and flecks of chicken that I wouldn’t even consider to be strips with lots of slivers of green peppers and onion drenched in oil. Each cost $15.99, and neither had any flavor and tasted like they weren’t marinated at all. My 15 month olds dinner didn’t arrive with ours. One of the waitresses informed us that her meal was delivered to another table and it would have to be remade. After we finished our meals, hers finally arrived, however it didn’t come with fries as requested, but beans and rice. At this point we are all ready to go. My child is hungry and screaming and I’m feeling like I’m in an episode of Gordon Ramsey’s Kitchen Nightmares. The check comes and SURPRISE, it’s wrong. There was an item on it that we didn’t order. Overall it was a terrible experience and I will NEVER return under any circumstance. The décor is minimally Latin themed (mostly sports related), they do not play Mexican music, and none of the employees are Latin. All of which you would expect at a Mexican restaurant! The plates are all scratched and chipped and look as though they were hand-me-down’s from another failed restaurant. I don’t know how this place has stayed in business as long as it has, but I can guarantee you it won’t be open in 2 years, at least we can only hope.

1  Thank Lindsey K
Reviewed 12 December 2011

I was happy to see a menu that did not look like the clone version of most Mexican restaurants. Large bowl of salsa. Homemade cheese dip. I had the shredded beef chimichanga and it was excellent. The beef was slow simmered with spices and garlic, and absolutely delicious. My husband had the fajitas which he said tasted good but looked steamed to me. Although our server did not seem at all knowledgeable about the menu we had a very good experience. We will be back.

Reviewed 7 November 2011

Horrible service! We sat at the table for 20 minutes (there were only 2-3 other tables seated at the place so they weren't busy) before walking out. The 3 people who seemed to work there never even stopped by to help us. Luckily they had a TV at the table so my daughter got to watch PBS for the time we waited. They had horrible service and I will assume they have horrible food too. I will never go back to find out though!

Reviewed 26 July 2011

To start off with it took forever after we ordered our drinks to receive them.

We ordered our food. My husbands meal included 2 sides (he chose salad as one). When he received the salad there was no dressing with it. The next time we saw our waitress was when she brought our food a few minutes later so he didn't even bother asking for any dressing then.

The food was decent, but service was terrible. This restaurant had karaoke when we were there, so if you go prepare to listen to bad singing. The waitresses were even singing karaoke.

We had to ask for refills. My glass sat empty while I ate my entire entree until we flagged the waitress down to ask for a refill (the restaurant was nearly empty, so they weren't busy) .The one time she did bring a pitcher of tea around my husband's empty glass was sitting at the end of the table and the waitress refilled our sons half full glass and ignored his (they were both drinking tea).

When the waitress brought our ticket she remarked that she had forgotten the dressing for his salad. After we left we noticed that we were charged an extra $4 for the salad that was supposed to be a side included with the meal.

We had a $25 gift certificate for this place and even after the discount I wish I hadn't wasted my money. I would not recommend this place at all. We were very unimpressed.