“NEVER STAY!! Danger!!”

The Lodge at Pensacola
Ranked #43 of 65 Hotels in Pensacola
Reviewed 29 September 2012

We reserved online got there and realized there was no way we were staying. Very old and moldy but LOTS OF RIFT RAFT!! Men walking down the halls in their underwear and people in the lobby using harsh language! It was so bad they would not refund us the $$ but I would rather loose $50 then get raped or killed!

• Stayed: September 2012
3  Thank Traveler13131313
EMEasyRest, Owner at The Lodge at Pensacola, responded to this reviewResponded 20 October 2012

Thank you for your comments. We are disappointed that you decided not to stay with us. Had you done so, perhaps you would have seen that our small hotel is a wonderful place for a clean, comfortable and affordable stay in the Pensacola area. We obviously frown on any guests walking around in inappropriate clothes or using inappropriate language, but we unfortunately can not control what some random few guests may do or say, but fortunately we have almost never seen such behavior you are describing here. . In any event, we all have seen that these things even happen in the highest priced and best hotels of the world. Perhaps when you are in our area again you will chose to stay with us and will see how clean and comfortable our hotel truly is. People love our comfortable beds and the new bathrooms. New quality linens and towels are constantly being purchased and rotated into all of our rooms. We have free WiFi and cable with HBO in our hotel and our pool is extremely refreshing. Thank you again for your comments.

Reviewed 17 September 2012

Let me first say that my 3 rating is good in case. This place is very basic, but is clean where it counts most. The sheets and towels were all clean and unadulterated by foreign hairs. There was a small hole in the fitted sheet and the towels are not the best quality, but they were clean! This is a place where you're going to stay if you need super inexpensive, but I can assure you, our room did not creep me out in the least. Whenever I need a super cheep room, I am always scared about how it will be, but this one was good. The bathroom was very simple, but once again, clean and the shower/tun combo had just been refinished. There is no breakfast, but there are coffeemakers with coffee in the rooms. When you check-in, I would be clear with the receptionist about your room cleaning needs. We didn't have a "please clean room" tag for the door and got skipped over one day. It turns out that the cleaning staff doesn't want to go in uninvited for fear of being accused of stealing. Once re received a "please clean room/do not disturb" tag for the door, that misunderstanding was cleared up. I think this place must have new ownership because there was just a few of these small inconsistencies that happened but you can tell they are trying to all get on the same page. We stayed on the second floor as it was non-smoking, but there was no elevator. Just a few steps though. The pool looked so great every day, but we didn't swim in it. Overall I gave it a 3, but don't let that deter you if you need a comfy bed and don't want to worry about the grunge.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the parking lot side. The other side faces the interstate.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Jessica R
Reviewed 19 August 2012

Got a king size bed that was so comfortable! Bathroom looked awesome, new tub, new tile floor and cabinets under sink. Lobby was in great shape with very staff that was very friendly and helpful! Pool was in great shape and nice and clean.

• Stayed: August 2012
1  Thank MelissaW173
Reviewed 8 August 2012

I was lucky enough to be referred to this hotel from a relative who had fortunately stayed a week before and when I was in a bind and needed a quick accomodation in Pensacola he did not hestitate but to tell me to try out the Easy Rest Inn- Boy am I happy I did.
First, as the last review states,the beds were probably some fo the most comfortabel I have ever had in a hotel-- better than the ones I have at home.. The rooms were exceptionally clean and the bathrooms were spotless. I stayed on the second floor and ad both the room and the hallways smelled very nice and fresh. The linens sheets seemed new to me (the were certainly clean; I was concerned so I checked) and the front desk was awesome. I needed more towels and some items I had forgotten in my haste to go to a business meeting and she went out of her way to get me some.. What hotel at this price range does that?? There were no bugs in the room or anywhere that I could see on the entire property and certainly none in my bed.

Yes the furniture is not super modern and the TV's are not the high-end plasma ones, but honestly, who cares--- Im not paying $200 a night here.... lol! I had all the channels I wanted and my remote worked just fine (didnt have to leave the comfy bed!). oh, did I mention the beds had real fluffy comfortors! My biggest complaints, if I had to have any was that there was no sign in front so it was a bit hard to find (no biggie; I dont judge a book by its cover) and that there is no food service so late night snacks were out (my husband is probably happy about that though! After reading the review below I do guess the hallways are not the brightest, but that didnt turn me off either.

Overall I must say thank yuo very much Easy Rest Inn, you made a guest very happy to have found such a nice place at an incredible overall cost. I didnt miss the big guys one bit! Dont raise your prices! lol! . .

Room Tip: Ask for a renovated room. They have many. And yes I agree try to get something on the south side...
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 7 August 2012

OK, I've never stayed in a property like this one before but I just work too hard for my money! Cons: Strong smells of cigarette smoke in adjoining rooms that should be non-smoking, mold-mildew smell in my room, ceiling tile missing in bath which exposed pipe in bath. PROS: the best mattress I've slept on in ANY hotel in my LIFE, clean floors, new furniture, new bathrooms (even though hot water didn't work the first night). I got this room on an Internet booking site that ends in "wire" and got the room including all taxes for three nights for $150! The staff was very nice and the lobby is just beautiful. No breakfast included but get something at the store and go eat on the beach, Dude! This property was just purchased by an attorney in New York named Eddie and he has done great things with it. Plantation Blvd. has several other motels on it but why pay more when you can stay here! Don't let the fact that there is no sign in front of this place put you off and the hallways look prison-esque (not that I've been to prison personally or even visited anyone there, just referencing movies I guess). I must encourage you to Lana-size your room. 1/ bring your belongings in paper bags or canvas bags in case of bed bugs, 2/ in case of bed bugs, remove bedding and spray down with deet filled spray, 3/ lysol the room,4/ bring an oil diffuser or plug in stink box and 5/ bring a plastic bag that zips in which to put the remote (the dirtiest thing in any motel room) and zip it. The remote will still function. 5/ bring many bags of instant oatmeal to mix with the hot water from the coffee maker in the room, fruit too and voila, you've got a bed and breakfast. SAVE YOUR MONEY AND STAY HERE! ITS SAFE AND QUIET EVEN FOR SINGLE WOMEN!

Room Tip: Room 118 was quiet make sure the hot water works and ask them to finish the ceiling so you don't...
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 14 July 2012

Room itself was pretty average and clean (except for the dirty, balled up socks on the floor) that weren't ours. The TV remote didn't work. The bathroom was gross! Dirty floors, dirty towels with hair on them, filthy toilet!!! Pool was small but clean. If I were you I'd check out the 3 other hotels in the same area first.

• Stayed: July 2012
1  Thank allison7922
Reviewed 11 July 2012

First the pros...beds were clean and comfy, strong a/c units, majority of staff is friendly, fresh coffee at any hour in office, pet friendly with any size dog, safer neighborhood compared to others in this price, pool and area clean and comfortable for the most part.
Second the cons...absolutely zero enforcement on pool rules (alcohol/glass bottles were allowed IN pool, cheap hotel so local homeless hangout here, 1st floor windows not watertight during rain (water entered room), very slow reaction to bathroom cleaning (due to overflowing 2nd floor toilet)..health issue!, door key card reader was inoperative last day (had to leave room open), underage alcohol drinking allowed and tolerated, VERY hard to locate hotel.
For the price, you will get what you pay for...low overall quality with comfy beds. There are other locations I will use before revisiting this place. Grab the ice while you can....only 1 machine.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank D K
Management response:Responded 14 July 2012

We appreciate all guest comments and try to respond to everyone as soon as possible. As always, we strive to offer our guests clean, quality, and comfortable accommodations at an extremely affordable price and to do whatever we can to make sure all of our guests have an extremely enjoyable stay.

We are happy that the guest enjoyed their room and their stay. We have consistently been told that our beds are extremely comfortable and strive to ensure our rooms are always clean and fully maintained. We have upgraded many of our rooms and all of them will be upgraded soon- new bathrooms, a/c units, furniture, etc...

Maintenance issues, while infrequent, sometimes occur at any hotel. In this case, the guest was staying during extreme whether conditions where many hotels in the area were experiencing issues. And we resolved the issues with a crew as soon as we were notified. The issue with the door key card reader was the unfortunate result of a computer glitch which was resolved within hours of it being reported to us (at great cost) and did everything we could to accomodate the guest.

As we always do, and where we have availability, as soon as we became aware, we offered the guest the chance for a free room upgrade to another room at no cost, but the guest declined as he was overall happy with his accommodations.

We do not rent to, and we do we have any "transient" homeless people at our hotel.
We do not tolerate any drinking in the public areas, of age or otherwise, but no hotel at any level can do much about what people decide to do in the privacy of their own rooms.