“Can't beat it!”

Ranked #43 of 65 Hotels in Pensacola
Reviewed 5 December 2013 via mobile

I am the motel hopper. So compared to motel 6 and other budget motel by far:
service: nice and friendly
room: clean and hotel grade
bath: clean and ok looking
location: not too bad, behind Sears and shopping area
Overall: well i can't find any motel around the area for under $50 plus they give military discount as an appreciation to service members. Thanks!

• Stayed: December 2013
GM7220, General Manager at The Lodge at Pensacola, responded to this reviewResponded 16 December 2013

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review regarding your recent stay at our hotel.

Brandy Lecler
Econo Lodge, Pensacola, FL
850 857 0099

Reviewed 9 November 2013

This hotel was the cheapest in the area the night we stayed, but even though it is cheap basic hygiene standards should still be met! Although the bed was made, the pillows and sheets were stained, dirty, and had assorted hairs on them. Linen was also very crushed and had obviously just been remade without changing the sheets or pillowcases! We went down and told the front desk who gave us more sheets. These ones were crisp and clean making it more even more clear that the other ones had been reused, not just poorly washed. Carpet was extremely dusty and looked like it hadn't been thoroughly vacuumed in a long time. The hallways smelt disgusting - a combination of vomit and curry!! Do yourself a favour and stay somewhere else!!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank heidi895

On behalf of our entire team, I would like to apologize for failing to exceed your expectations. Your satisfaction is important to us and we will be using the feedback you provided to make improvements to ensure we offer an exceptional experience for our guests in the future. We have taken your comments into consideration and have since had all of the hallway and guest room carpets re-cleaned.

Brandy Lecler
Econo Lodge, Pensacola, FL
850 857 0099

Reviewed 3 September 2013

We were moving and needed a place to stay. it was clean but it was scary because of people out in front yelling at each other and it being dark for 74.00 I expected a little be better accommodations. Every other hotel was booked and this was the last one so I accepted it. but hurried out the next morning. only in an emergency would I stay here again

Room Tip: AC unit was noisey
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
GM7220, General Manager at The Lodge at Pensacola, responded to this reviewResponded 7 October 2013

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review regarding your recent stay at our hotel.

On behalf of our entire team, I would like to apologize for failing to exceed your expectations. Your satisfaction is important to us and we will be using the feedback you provided to make improvements to ensure we offer an exceptional experience for our guests in the future. We do not tolerate behavior as you mentioned in your review. Had the front desk staff been made aware of the problem, I can assure you it would have been dealt with appropriately.

Reviewed 27 August 2013

I am a bowler and travel frequently to different cities...I chose this lodge after I was recommended by the bowling staff. This place need to be torn down and rebuilt to meet econ lodge standards.....the location is bad , the place smells bad, the breakfast is bad.. the best thing I can say about this place is the staff....very friendly ..I went to the local drug store to by lysol to spray the room down........I had pre-paid for my room so it was credit on my card, if that wasn't the case, after I saw the place i would have turned around.I was supposed to stay two nights but only stayed one. I would not go back to this place again.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
3  Thank Joens M
GM7220, General Manager at The Lodge at Pensacola, responded to this reviewResponded 31 August 2013

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. I remember your reservation was originally for 2 nights, however, you didn't arrive until 6 am the following morning, thus being the reason you only stayed 1 night. You were assigned to one of the best rooms we have in the hotel and we received no complaints from you while you were staying with us. Had you voiced any of your concerns during your stay and given us the opportunity to address your concerns, I am sure we would have been able to satisfy you. The hotel would not be open under the name Econolodge, if it had not been approved prior to opening.

Reviewed 8 July 2013

We were just looking for somewhere to stay. No fancy no expense. We wanted somewhere to stay cheap so we could afford the rest of our vacation. This isn't the best hotel, but it was good enough for us. I was very disappointed about the breakfast. There wasn't hardly anything on the menu unless you wanted cereal. The room smelled kind of old when we walked in but the room was nice. Our king room came with a couch which I wasn't expecting, but NO fridge/microwave/ or even hairdryer! Not far from the beach and it was right in town for food and such. They are building a kids r us right next to it so I def would want to come back then.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
GM7220, General Manager at The Lodge at Pensacola, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2013

Dear Amber,
Thank You for taking the time to leave a review of Econolodge. I apologize that you were not satisfied with the breakfast. We have added a variety of different options in hopes to have something that everyone can enjoy. We have microwaves and refrigerators for rent on a daily basis and while hairdryers are not in the rooms, they also are available at the front desk at no charge. We hope that you will consider us again the next time you are in the area. Thanks!

Reviewed 31 May 2013

This hotel has the nicest staff possible. They are super friendly and go above and beyond to accommodate. My husband and I stay there with regularity. Rooms are clean, hotel is right off interstate, mall and restaurants are next door and its about a 25 minute drive to Pensacola Beach.

Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank JvanderGraf
GM7220, General Manager at The Lodge at Pensacola, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2013

Dear Jessika,
I was delighted to read your kind review about our staff. We realize the number of options you have when looking for accommodations in the area and we very much appreciate your business. I have shared your comments with them. It is reviews such as yours that make their challenging jobs worth it.Thank You!

Reviewed 22 April 2013 via mobile

I booked my rooms here because of having points saved up for staying in Comfort Suites. It is a little hard to find but once you find it you are good to go. The ladies working the desk was the nicest and house keeping as well. The room was so clean, very comfortable bed nice thick towels all around for the price I will stay here again and again.

• Stayed: April 2013
2  Thank TDWoods
GM7220, General Manager at The Lodge at Pensacola, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2013

Dear Mr. Woods,

Thank you for taking the time to complete a trip advisor reveiw regarding your recent stay at our hotel.

We very much appreciate and value your feedback and will share it with our team. Your comments will serve as encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services to provide an exceptional experience for our guests. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.