“DON'T BOOK IT!”

The Lodge at Pensacola
Ranked #43 of 65 Hotels in Pensacola
Reviewed 8 July 2014 via mobile

This place is terrible! The pool is not open, the outside looks a mess, the characters coming in and out makes you want to lock up all your belongings in your car, the rooms smelled like smoke and funk! Carpet was not vacuumed and needed to be shampooed, bed squeaky and the check in guy looked as if he just woke up and came to work! Don't stay at this place if you don't have too....seriously! Oh, the tv is so outdated!

• Stayed: March 2014
2  Thank Tywana C

Reviewed 22 June 2014 via mobile

What a dump. The pool was closed, looked like someone pissed in it. Breakfast was crap, staff unvelcoming, cleaning was non existent, the rooms had a bad smell.

I've traveled quite a bit, but never seen anything like this....

What a place....

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Jan-Tore E
GM7220, General Manager at The Lodge at Pensacola, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2014

Dear Jan-Tore E,
I would like to apologize that we did not meet your expectations during your stay with us. I am very surprised to hear that you felt the staff was unwelcoming, as our staff normally gets outstanding reviews from our guests. I'm not sure if you reported any of the problems you experience to the guest service representative on duty, but had you done so we could have taken care of any issues you had before you checked out.

Reviewed 26 May 2014 via mobile

The staff was friendly and helpful. Our room was clean and we'll maintained. The carpet looks new. The mattress on out bed was also new. It still had the plastic on it. If you are looking for an inexpensive place to stay you can't beat it.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
GM7220, General Manager at The Lodge at Pensacola, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2014

Dear Chuck,
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review regarding your recent stay with us. We strive to provide great customer service, as well as clean comfortable guest rooms at a reasonable rate and I am very pleased that you experienced that during your stay. I will share your comments with me staff and we hope you will choose to stay with us should you visit our area again!

Reviewed 19 May 2014

Our son was graduating from college in Pensacola so we booked a cottage through VRBO months in advance so we could host a small party for him and his friends following the ceremony. As luck would have it severe flooding caused damage to many homes in Pensacola the week before we arrived so we were told our reservation had been cancelled. EconoLodge had space available, at a very busy time of year, so we booked our rooms. The exterior of the establishment is not well maintained. Banners hanging half way up and half way down and a swimming pool with no water and a cover that is kind of falling into the pool. The employees are quite friendly and helpful. We booked three rooms for three days for our family. The rooms were clean, some of the electrical outlets do not work and there are very few of them. One of the bathroom doors stuck; it was very hard to open and close. The corridors are not clean and the lobby/breakfast area does not really accommodate guests eating breakfast - coffee, juice, muffins, and biscuits and gravy. Overall I would rate this facility 2.5, based upon good customer service, so I'm rounding up to 3. The place will definitely work in a pinch!

Room Tip: No elevator on premises, so if you have mobility issues request a first floor room.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank tedandmy

Thank You for taking the time to leave a review of your recent stay with us. I remember you quite well and must say it was a joy having you and your family stay with us. We are continually looking for ways to improve the Hotel and will continue making the necessary changes. I greatly appreciate your feedback and will put it to use. I hope you will stay with us again when you come back to visit Pensacola!

Reviewed 19 December 2013

THIS PROPERTY IS A DUMP. When we pulled up to the front door I knew it was not going to be good. Being cautious I asked to see my room which was halfway below grade (basement) the hallways where terrible and the whole place is rundown although carpets look new.......when I cancelled my reservation the clerk was polite and gave me a confirmation of the cancellation. When we found accomodation down the street the clerk said they hotel had been closed for several years lost is previous franchise and was recently reopened as a Econo Lodge if I where the parent company I would definetely take my name off this property.

Room Tip: FIND another hotel...
Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
3  Thank Brian T
GM7220, General Manager at The Lodge at Pensacola, responded to this reviewResponded 23 December 2013

Dear Brian,
I have looked into your reservation, but was unable to find any reservation under your name. I apologize for any inconveniences you may have experienced, even though you did not stay. The first floor rooms are actually not in any "basement" as you say. They are however downstairs, but there is a huge difference between downstairs and a basement. You said the hallways were horrible, but you mentioned that the carpet looked new. Since there is only carpet and guest room doors in the hallway, I'm not sure what about it was so horrible, as you didn't specify, but regardless you were not staying in the hallway. I'm not sure where the guest service agent at the "other' hotel you stayed at received her information, but that would also be incorrect. We have been Econolodge since January 01, 2013. Considering the rate I'm assuming you probably booked the room at, I can't imagine why you would expect anything other than a safe, clean, 2 star hotel,which is what you were given. In the future I would suggest that you book a room with a star rating higher than a 2.

Reviewed 5 December 2013 via mobile

I am the motel hopper. So compared to motel 6 and other budget motel by far:
service: nice and friendly
room: clean and hotel grade
bath: clean and ok looking
location: not too bad, behind Sears and shopping area
Overall: well i can't find any motel around the area for under $50 plus they give military discount as an appreciation to service members. Thanks!

• Stayed: December 2013
GM7220, General Manager at The Lodge at Pensacola, responded to this reviewResponded 16 December 2013

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review regarding your recent stay at our hotel.

Brandy Lecler
Econo Lodge, Pensacola, FL
850 857 0099

Reviewed 9 November 2013

This hotel was the cheapest in the area the night we stayed, but even though it is cheap basic hygiene standards should still be met! Although the bed was made, the pillows and sheets were stained, dirty, and had assorted hairs on them. Linen was also very crushed and had obviously just been remade without changing the sheets or pillowcases! We went down and told the front desk who gave us more sheets. These ones were crisp and clean making it more even more clear that the other ones had been reused, not just poorly washed. Carpet was extremely dusty and looked like it hadn't been thoroughly vacuumed in a long time. The hallways smelt disgusting - a combination of vomit and curry!! Do yourself a favour and stay somewhere else!!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank heidi895

On behalf of our entire team, I would like to apologize for failing to exceed your expectations. Your satisfaction is important to us and we will be using the feedback you provided to make improvements to ensure we offer an exceptional experience for our guests in the future. We have taken your comments into consideration and have since had all of the hallway and guest room carpets re-cleaned.

Brandy Lecler