“DON'T BOTHER WITH THE COUPONS THEY PRINT THEY WON'T TAKE THEM!!!”

Red Roof Inn Pensacola - West Florida Hospital
Ranked #38 of 65 Hotels in Pensacola
Pensacola, Florida
“DON'T BOTHER WITH THE COUPONS THEY PRINT THEY WON'T TAKE THEM!!!”
Reviewed 13 June 2013

The coupons found at every rest stop in Florida for this property is useless. Not sure why they bothered to advertise this way. If you do not intend on honoring your coupons don't put them out. It only makes people think you are baiting and switching which just simply ticks me off. Will stay somewhere that the rates are as advertised thanks!!!

Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
Marleen J, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Pensacola - West Florida Hospital, responded to this review, 20 June 2013
Dear Rebecca D,

Thank you for taking the time to give your feedback. I wanted to explain to you how the coupons work. Coupons are a walk in rate only not accepted if making reservations, applicable for our standard rooms only either 1 king bed or 2 full size beds, and a predetermined alloted amount of these rooms are sold daily depending on the demand and occupancy.

We are currently in our peak season and these coupon rooms are sold quickly every day. If you are arriving late afternoon or evening during this peak time chances are high the inn has sold all of the allotted amount of coupon rooms and would deny the coupon at that time; it's not that we don't accept them. I hope this clarifies this issue for you and you will give us a better opportunity to serve you in the future if you are in the area again. We wish you safe travels!

Kindest Regards,

Lori Brown

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
Birmingham, Alabama
Reviewed 29 May 2013

I booked her for it's proximity to local attractions and reasonable price. Since I only needed an overnight before we continued our trip, I was not worried about its lack of amenities. But when I drove into the parking lot, I noticed how dark the area was and how many of the cars there seemed in poor condition.

The front desk lady was friendly though and seemed to have her sister or friend hanging out-no big deal because it did not interfere with her job. She directed me to the room and when I parked the car, I was floored! There was a couple hanging out smoking and I am not convinced that it was not a working lady and her "boos" or "client." That was all I needed.

I returned to the front office and told the lady that I would not stay there with my children and would like a refund. She was very polite and immediately issued a credit on my card-no questions, no arguments.

In retrospect the girl hanging out in the office was probably there because of the safety in number theory. I would not recommend this hotel at all and especially not to anyone female travelling alone or anyone with children. This hotel does not have interior halls (no big deal in Florida) but for questionable loiterers to see that I am entering a room, alone with my small children, does not make me feel very comfortable being there.

VERY POLITE FRONT DESK GIRL THOUGH.

Room Tip: For a good, safe feeling, room, check in to another hotel.
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
Murfreesboro, TN
Reviewed 8 May 2013

We stayed here while travelling to get my son at a local college. This is an older motel in a relatively safe area, right next to plenty of dining and shopping options. It was easy to get to. We arrived late and the check in was fast and seamless. People were milling around outside their hotel rooms chatting. Lots of blue collar types - construction workers, utility workers, etc mixed in with some older couples. Not many families.

My first impression was the sidewalks and exterior walls were very dirty and needed a good power washing. I made a point of keeping my luggage away from the walls.

The room itself was newer, however, and looked like it had been remodeled in the past few years. Big flat screen tv. Faux granite vanity in the bathroom. Plush matresses with crisp clean sheets. Even though it had obviously been cleaned, there were some dirty areas.

The fridge had a thick layer of dust on it. The floor was somewhat grimy. The base moulding around the floor in the bathroom was nasty. It looked like things a higher end hotel with higher end clients probably wouldnt clean that often either, but with the kind of people at this motel I'm guessing they bring in a lot more dirt which is just harder to dig out. There were also stains in the toilet that may have been mineral stains but it just looked dirty to me. Odd because the outside of the toilet was perfect.

That said, the beds were clean and very comfortable, the ac worked great, there were plenty of channels on the tv. Some cleanliness issues aside, I was very happy considering the usual places we stay (holiday inn express) were double the price.

This is not a place I would go to for my vacation, but for a place to crash mid trip and if you need to save a few bucks and want something modern, this motel fits the bill.

• Stayed April 2013
Largo, Florida
Reviewed 27 April 2013

We arrived at 8pm to a room that hadn't been cleaned. This was after walking through two chain smoking "regulars" and the housekeeper which hadn't made it to our room yet. The guests at this hotel were questionable at best. It was obvious this was a party hotel as people were walking around with open alcohol and we witnessed several young people going into rooms with alcohol. You get what you pay for and the reviews were deceiving. (we did check it out prior to booking our room). We booked through hotels.com and after a quick phone call they refunded our money in full. We stayed at a great Comfort Inn just down the road with complimentary breakfast, clean and quiet rooms!

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
Marleen J, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Pensacola - West Florida Hospital, responded to this review, 30 April 2013
Thank you for your recent review. I apologize that we did not meet your expectations. I will address your concerns and speak with the housekeeper that was assigned to your room. We strive to provide great hospitality and we fell short. We will work to prevent this from happening in the future. Thank you again for your review.
Orange Park, Florida, United States
Reviewed 26 April 2013

Room was clean, staff was very friendly and helpful, and the area was ok. I am traveling with two dogs and the room was very fitting for our needs. The staff were very helpful with my early arrival. I did notice I could hear all too much in the room next door, and was awakened when they checked in well after midnight and were a little noisey.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled solo
Marleen J, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Pensacola - West Florida Hospital, responded to this review, 27 April 2013
Thank you for your review. Red Roof Inn prides itself on being pet friendly. I am pleased to hear that you and your dogs enjoyed your stay while visiting Pensacola. I would also like to let you know that May is Pet Friendly month at all Red Roof Inns and you will receive a discount of 15%. You can book online or by calling 1-800-Redroof just use discount code 605422. We hope to see you back in Pensacola soon. Thank you!
Montgomery, Alabama
Reviewed 25 April 2013

I am a Marriott employee. However, the discounted rates were not available for this particular weekend and we were wanting to save as much as possible. I had heard of some good reviews of SOME Red Roof Inn hotels and had HOPED that I would get lucky with this one. NOT THE CASE! The moment we stepped in the room, the odor was UNBEARABLE! We instantly, turned around and asked to be switched, WE HADN'T TOUCHED ANYTHING! The desk associate (a light skinned African American woman, whoever worked the night of April the 19th) told us that they were sold out and we could not be moved! We checked in at 8pm and working in hospitality for 7 YEAR, I KNOW THEY HAD A ROOM FOR US TO MOVE TO AT 8PM, IN FACT SOMEONE CHECKED IN RIGHT BEHIND US!) She gave us some spray to spray and THAT IS ALL! The only reason we stayed is because is was already pre paid through Expedia but this was the absolute WORSE experience I've EVER had and the WORSE hotel I have ever stayed in by far!! After spraying, and looking around we noticed the carpet was FILTHY and was probably the cause of the smell.The bed comforters had cigarette burns in them and the door had bite and scratch marks EVERYWHERE! After trying to gets the kids in the tub, EVERY TOWEL I PICKED UP HAD HAIR ON IT AND ALSO IN THE SINK! I NO LONGER EVEN TRUSTED THE LINEN! WE WENT TO A NEAR BY WALMART AND PURCHASED SHEETS, PILLOWS AND TOWELS (SPENDING MONEY THAT WE SHOULD NOT HAVE HAD TO)! I woke up the second morning with a headache from the stinch! This was supposed to be a fun family beach vacation and THE ROOM PUT A DAMPER ON EVERYTHING! I don't expect every hotel to live up to a Marriott's standard BUT a room move and better customer service could have changed my whole experience at this hotel! THE NEXT DAY WE WENT TO ANOTHER ROOM TO GET TOWELS FROM A HOUSEKEEPER AND IT DID NOT HAVE THIS FUNKY SMELL AT ALL! There are always "BAD ROOMS" due to rowdy customers sometimes AND THOSE ROOMS SHOULD NEVER BE SOLD UNTIL THEY ARE BACK UP TO PAR!! I WILL NEVER RETURN TO THIS HOTEL AGAIN!!!

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
Marleen J, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Pensacola - West Florida Hospital, responded to this review, 26 April 2013
Thank you very much for bringing this to my attention. I will address your experience with the the housekeeping staff and the guest service representative that checked you in last Saturday. I want to apologize that we fell short in your room cleanliness and customer service. I will make sure that these issues are corrected. Without feedback such as yours some problems can go unattended. If your travels should bring you back to Pensacola we would like the opportunity for you to experience the corrections we have made. Thank you and safe travels.
nyc
Reviewed 25 April 2013

...of Red Roof Inn and a really excellent adult film star's name. But I digress. After much internet research, the Professor chose this "hotel" as a home base for 4 days. This is actually a converted motel (two stories, drive-up doors, vending machines in the ice machine room, etc.), with an awesome--and old-timey--neon-lit sign out front (which looks pretty jazzy at night). I LOVE motels like this, and this is a well-equipped and managed property. The rooms have been converted to hold king-size beds (the mattress was amazingly comfortable and the linens were several steps above the usual motel-grade material). In-room amenities included mini-fridge, coffeemaker, microwave, alarm clock, big flat screen TV (HBO), and responsive air handling units. No irons or blow dryers, not that I needed one. Lavatory had been renovated as well with new fixtures (though some of the shelving and the mirror were hung at oddly low heights) and flooring. Towels were a bit lacking (considering the quality of the bedding), but no biggie. Overall, the rooms were a little shop-worn, but clean and spacious. Check-in was fast, friendly, and homey. I was greeted by Tee, who was efficient, has a genial personality, made me feel welcomed, and provided an excellent impression of the property (I hope management is aware of her skills). For the stranded, there's a Waffle House next door (the Professor also LOVES Waffle House) and a Denny's across the street. Pizza can be delivered to your door too. One small kink is that if you're approaching the m(h)otel from any direction other than west, you have to loop around the underpass to get to Plantation Road. Not a huge headache for the Professor, but a bit annoying. Nothing worse should ever happen, right? If you're looking for inexpensive lodging, this is a fine place to stay. Rod Inferno would approve.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
Marleen J, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Pensacola - West Florida Hospital, responded to this review, 25 April 2013
The entire staff appreciates that you enjoyed your stay in Pensacola. I would also like to thank you for the kind comments regarding our renovations. We strive to provide the best hospitality for guest visiting our hotel. I will share your comments with Tee. I am sure she will be pleased to know that she provided you great customes service. Thank you and hope to see you back soon.