“RRI West in Pensacola”

Red Roof Inn Pensacola - West Florida Hospital
Ranked #38 of 65 Hotels in Pensacola
Reviewed 7 March 2014

Another great stay at this particular RRI. The only thing was they had used some sort of cleaning agent in the room that didn't smell good. The room was great and so was the bed. Love what they have done in their renovations there.

Room Tip: This is just off I-10, so choose a room away from the freeway and toward the shopping center behind...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Lori B, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Pensacola - West Florida Hospital, responded to this reviewResponded 9 March 2014

Dear Anita G.,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review! I am so pleased to hear you are a regular visitor who always has a great stay as well that you love the renovations! I do apologize for the heavy cleaning solution odor and will address moderate use with the housekeeping team. We look forward to seeing you again soon and wish you safe travels!

There are newer reviews for Red Roof Inn Pensacola - West Florida Hospital

Reviewed 5 March 2014

I booked the Red Roof because it was inexpensive. The other budget chain was cheaper, but I refuse to stay in one of those places after a bad experience. So, I walked into it knowing this isn't a Hilton.

When I arrived, the desk clerk was friendly and helpful. She checked me in quickly and, when I had a question about a restaurant, she gave me spot-on directions!

The outside of the building looks aged. I'm not sure how long it has been there, but it did look older. But, nothing a little bit of paint won't fix.

The room was ok. It smelled fresh and clean. There were two sizable holes in the wall that had been patched but not painted. For a night traveling alone, it was a great value. If I was traveling again, I would certainly stay here again.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Lori B, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Pensacola - West Florida Hospital, responded to this reviewResponded 7 March 2014

Dear Ronniesherard,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review! I am so pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay, found the staff to friendly and whom provided great and accurate directions to dinner for you, as well as found us to be a great value! I will be sure to pass this along to the team. I do however apologize these fresh patches weren't yet painted over as that can draw your attention; I will address this with maintenance. On a side note we will soon be getting an exterior painting during this year, it is currently being scheduled, so that our outside looks fresh and appealing as well. I appreciate your great comments and observations and look forward to welcoming you again soon! We wish you safe travels!

Reviewed 13 February 2014

We went to motel because of problem with our home. When we checked in we had to go to 6 rooms before we finally gave up and stayed in one of the rooms (refrigerators frozen over, no remote control in one room, TV in another didn't work, roach "motel" on A/C unit in another room and some of the rooms had a smell); finally we stayed in a room that the refrigerator was frozen in so we went to get a cooler to put stuff in that. We asked if they could change out refrigerator and they said no technicians available. One morning the housekeeper knocked on the door at 9:30 to clean the room and we were just crawling out of bed. On two different nights, the police were outside in parking lot. We asked front desk when we checked out what the problems were and they said there were people at Baymont Motel (next door) breaking into cars and police caught them in Red Roof parking lot checking cars in that parking lot. Upon checking out, I explained again about the problems and they said sorry - but could not discount anything. We paid an average of $60.00 per night. Probably would not stay here again.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
Lori B, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Pensacola - West Florida Hospital, responded to this reviewResponded 14 February 2014

Dear Pat K,

Thank you so much for taking time to write a review about your most recent stay with us. I am so sorry that you were disappointed during your visit with us. Please accept my sincere apology. If you would like to discuss the matter in more depth please feel free to contact me at 850-476-7960. We hope that we have a better opportunity to serve your lodging needs in the future.

Reviewed 29 January 2014

I'm sure this property has been recently renovated and updated. Nice bed and linens - even the pillows. Very clean with no funky smells. Shower and toilet in one room and it's small. Vanity in separate area and the lighting was very low. Makes you look better but difficult for makeup.
We've stayed at this property before and were not too impressed, but as they say - You've come a long way baby! BTW there was no coffee (can get it in the lobby) and no hair dryer. Not a problem for us, but maybe for someone else, it would be.

1  Thank SunnyDaizePHX
Lori B, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Pensacola - West Florida Hospital, responded to this reviewResponded 1 February 2014

Dear SunnyDaizePHX,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review! I am so pleased to hear you were impressed with this stay over your last and that you found the renovated rooms, bedding quality, and overall stay comfortable and nice. Try out our Superior King rooms on your next trip which include the hair dryer, iron/board, as well as coffee maker, and larger flat screen TV. We appreciate your feedback and look forward to serving your lodging needs in the future. Wishing you and your family safe travels!

Reviewed 24 January 2014

The rooms at first seemed ok when we checked in.
The room keys we had to go to the desk everyday sometimes more then once a day to get our keycards redone so we could get back into our rooms. One of the rooms my uncle was staying in had baby roaches in it, it was confirmed by the front desk when they killed one and brought it to the check in desk. Then found them in my grandma's room too. We didn't have any that I could see in our room. They immediately changed to a different room. The front desk people were so nice, I can't say enough about their hospitality.
The hotel seems to get a lot of riff raff, drug dealers, etc. One of the nights we were there the CSI team was there along with the deputy and other squad cars.
I would not stay here again

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
Lori B, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Pensacola - West Florida Hospital, responded to this reviewResponded 28 January 2014

Dear Tigercharm,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. I am so pleased to hear you were so happy with the staff here and that we were able to accommodate you swiftly and to your satisfaction and will be sure to pass this along to them. I am disappointed to hear that you were not happy with the hotel itself due to the unforeseen circumstances during your stay, pests, and key issues you experienced and extend my deepest apologies.

I understand you and your family were here for unfortunate personal matters and we are truly sorry due to issues here we were unable to deliver an excellent stay during your time of grief. If you would like to discuss your stay in more detail please feel free to contact me at 850-476-7960. We wish you and your family safe travels and hope to have a better opportunity to serve your lodging needs in the future.

Reviewed 14 January 2014

Usually stay at Choice Hotels and the local one here was given 2 stars by AAA. So was the Red Roof on Plantation Rd. When we arrived another couple was leaving due to the smoke smell in their room so we immediately asked to see a room before booking. We were shown 103 and there was no smoke smell and the room appeared relatively clean. Considering a $40 difference for a 2 star room we took a chance And it worked for us. Was not the cleanest room I have stayed in but not the dirtiest either. Do wish these hotels would learn to dust other than on top. Top of lamps, edges, etc. need cleaned and in this room, the ceiling needs to be dusted also. The room was adequate and we slept well, so can't complain for the price especially in January in Florida, would I stay again, probably. Do have to add that the staff is definitely trying and all 3 people I talked to were extremely pleasant and helpful. Thank you!

Room Tip: Check your room before committing to staying.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Lori B, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Pensacola - West Florida Hospital, responded to this reviewResponded 18 January 2014

Dear Tmterie,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. I am glad you slept well and found the prices to be reasonable during your stay as well as received great customer service from the staff members you encountered! I will be sure to share your comments with them. I appreciate your reporting the neglected items in the room so that I can immediately address these with housekeeping and extend my sincerest apologies. We wish you and your family safe travels and look forward to serving you in the future if you are in the area again!

Reviewed 12 January 2014

When we first walked into our room it smelled like mold. We dropped our bags, and I went in to take a shower. I look up and there's a big roach in the corner of the shower. My husband killed that one, and we gave the place the benefit of the doubt and assumed it came in when the door was open and we were bringing our bags in. We laid down in bed and I felt something crawl on my hand. When he turned the light on, we discovered yet another roach. We left immediately to check into a hotel down the road.

Dear Causeya,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. I am sincerely sorry and disappointed to hear you experienced pests here during your stay, but can assure you all pest issues are reported immediately to our Pest Control Vendor and serviced as quickly as possible. We certainly do not want any pest issues just like our guest don't want to experience this. We thank you for reporting this immediately so that we could take the appropriate actions to correct the issue. If you would like to speak directly with me pertaining to your stay please contact me at 850-476-7960. Again my deepest apologies for the poor experience and we look forward to having a better opportunity to serve your lodging needs in the future. We wish you and your family safe travels!