“Very disappointing”

Ranked #40 of 65 Hotels in Pensacola
San Antonio
“Very disappointing”
Reviewed 12 February 2010

This property has run down and badly needs to be updated. The bathroom was not clean. There was no ice available. The wifi is with t-mobile and costs $7.95/day. The room was smelly and old. The heating unit left a lot to be desired. You can do better in Pensacola. This property has outlived its usefulness. Book elsewhere for the same value and better property.

• Stayed February 2010, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
Oklahoma
Reviewed 29 November 2009

This facility has seen better days. It was disappointing especially after reading some reviews bragging on it. The room was stark. It was not clean and had a very used and worn appearance. There were stains on the air conditioner from containers that had dripped on it. which I cleaned up. The carpet was worn. This was the poorest property we stayed at on a 14 day journey.

• Stayed November 2009, travelled on business

Travellers are raving about these Pensacola hotels

Colorado
Reviewed 12 October 2009

Stould for 5 days. Hotel room was OK,the carpet should have been cleaned better. Corners,edge was dirty.... Plenty of parking. WI-Fi worked with no problems. For the price not bad.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled as a couple
Dallas, TX
Reviewed 3 October 2009

We stayed one night while on a road trip, and were VERY surprised at the value and quality of this hotel. The price was better than all other hotels in that small area, and while all the rooms opened to the outside, the King Room we stayed in was clean and modern. The only issue was an obviously old bed with a huge dip in the middle. Free high speed Internet via a T-Mobile network. Since we are not T-Mobile hotspot customer, the hotel gave us a one-day-use card. Odd, but it worked so no harm, no foul. The hotel is behind a large mall with plenty of shopping and resturants. Overall I was surprised with the quality.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled with family
Tuscaloosa, AL
Reviewed 30 July 2009

Stayed here for 3 nights over July 26-29 2009. Hotel was a little hard to get to off the interstate, and even harder to get out of (One way street & no traffic light). Had to go through a parking lot of a closed down mall to get to a red light. Checked in around 6PM, the 2nd shift clerk was very nice and helpful. The room was clean and comfortable. Looked as if the place had recently been remodeled. Bed was comfortable. I was a little leary of this property because of the previous reviews on here, but found none of the negative comments seemed to have merit except for the bad attitude of the day time desk clerk. The hotel was clean and at a good price. Paid for 2 nights got the 3rd free. Relatevely close to good restaurants just down the street. The worst thing is its distance from the beach. I thought from it's website that it was closer, in actuality it was about 15 miles away from the beach. Had to pay a toll everytime we went to the beach. Altough it was right beside the interstate it was very very quite. Had free wifi through the hotel TMobile system. I probably would not stay here again on a beach vacation because of the distance from the beach, but if I was just passing through or something like that, I certainly would stay again. If you don't care about the drive or like being out like that (Don't have to wory about sand in everything) then I would reccommend this property to you.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled as a couple
Davenport, FL
Reviewed 3 June 2009

Having stayed at Ramada and Quality Inns on this road trip, I couldn't help but compare the Red Roof to those others, and sadly, the Roof is not keeping pace with the others. Whereas the others have upgraded their beds and bedding, and provided room amenities such as a small refrigerator and microwave, Red Roof is content in keeping non-descript beds in their rooms and provide no small appliances. The only amenity provided is compliemntary coffee, but you have to go to the lobby for it. I would stay here again, but only if I were moving on the next day.

• Stayed May 2009
Fayetteville, North Carolina
Reviewed 17 November 2008

Wow! I dont know where to begin. When I arrived the attendent could have cared less that I was there. I arrived at midnight and nobody was there to check in but myself. The attendant spent the whole time talking on the phone to a friend and I was a bother to her. Then when I gave her my name she told me that I was one of the rooms she didnt cancel. Didnt cancel! If I had arrived after a long drive and my room was canceled I would have been extreamly upset. I cant believe that she told me that was the way they conducted business. They would have charged me if I didnt show up, so why would you cancel the reservation.
Then I get to the room... First the advertise that they have wireless internet. They do, but you have to pay for it? Really a hotel charging for internet. I know of big name hotels in the big citys that charge for internet, but not a 1 star hotel. WIRELESS INTERNET SHOULD BE FREE HERE!
Then I wake up and see a dirty cup under one of the beds. Then that just made me want to look under both beds. There was al kinds of trash under the beds. It was extreamly fithly. NEVER AGAIN will I stay at this hotel and I thought that being rated 9 out of 69 hotels in Pensacola it would be good. Boy was I wrong.

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — Everything read my review
  • Stayed November 2008, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)