“Great hotel for the price.”

Suburban Extended Stay Pensacola-NAS
Ranked #33 of 65 Hotels in Pensacola
Brentwood, Tennessee
“Great hotel for the price.”
Reviewed 30 June 2011

The front desk person was very friendly. The room was clean, the bed was good and the bathroom was clean. For the price, this hotel was great. I would definitely stay again.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank beachbumtcb

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Elmhurst, New York
Reviewed 9 June 2011

Check in was fast and easy. The room was clean. The bed was comfortable. To use the internet you have to use a cable (you have to get from the front desk). Mine didn't work at first, but I called the internet ppl and they fixed it right away (my laptop only ever used wireless). Parking was easy and the staff is friendly. The pool is good to relax or play water volleyball. The stovetop was convenient for making small snacks. The supermarket is across the street. Everything is 20 minutes away or less (airport, mall, movies, food, Naval base, beaches). Very convenient place to stay. I would stay here again.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled solo
2 Thank prqueens
Macon, Georgia
Reviewed 16 October 2010

My overall experience was great. The rooms were spacious and clean. There is a lot of floor space so no tripping over luggage. I also set up a pack n play and still had room. The desk area was nice too. The staff was friendly and helpful. The only negatives I had was that priceline (not the hotel) advertised the room as having a continental breakfast, and they don't. This would not have been a problem if I had known to stop and pick up groceries, but my baby got up and needed milk. I took her downstairs so she would not wake the others up and found out they don't serve anything. It was difficult to go back to our room and get ready to make a trip to the store to get groceries, and calm a baby while trying to be quiet. When I got back with all the groceries all the luggage carts were taken so I had to make several trips with the baby. They need more luggage racks. If you know ahead of time to bring food this would have been perfect, but I was still very pleased.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank brookeetookee
jacksonville fl
Reviewed 4 October 2010

stayed in pensacola to see son graduate from school, on nas. planed on staying one night, ended up staying two, the hotel was very clean, the rooms were clean, and enjoyable, and the staff couldnt be more friendy, if i ever need to be in that area again, would definatly stay their, again.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled with friends
1 Thank ghostrider5758
Iowa
Reviewed 2 October 2010

Not a fancy hotel. I stayed here to be near the base. The place was pretty full with people with business on base or for oil spill cleanup. The hotel was clean overall and the room was good sized. There was room for improvement, but the bed was comfortable and the room was fairly clean.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank CycloneIowa
New Orleans
Reviewed 12 April 2010

I had read the other reviews before our stay, but with no other rooms available around base I reluctantly booked at Suburban anyway. I got a 2 bed room with kitchenette. It wasnt exactly a luxury hotel but it was better than I expected for the money. I had small children with me so believe me- if the room had been filthy I would have turned rite back around. It was old- a little beat up and worn, but clean. The staff was great. Super friendly and on the ball with anything that we needed. Its very close to base and the kitchenette saved us a ton of money on eating out. I would stay again.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank navyWife_plus4
Albany, NY
Reviewed 3 December 2009

Our stay at the hotel wasn't completely terrible however there were enough negative aspects to it that I would not stay there again. I know this will be long but please trust me, its worth the read. My boyfriend made the reservation since he could use his military ID to get a discount on the room for us. The whole trip was about seeing my boyfriend for Thanksgiving as he is a Marine stationed at NAS Pensacola. I had been on planes all day and was thankful when I finally arrived at the hotel a little past dinner time.

Upon check-in I was told that my boyfriend's debit card had been declined for the reservation. Um... what? Just a few days ago my boyfriend told me the reservation was made with both our names & that he had a confirmation # from the hotel. I told the clerk that was impossible because he and I were both certain he had enough money to pay for the hotel and we had a confirmation #. The clerk insisted that I call my boyfriend to talk to him and tell him what was going on. I told her he is a Marine, he wouldn't answer because he's not allowed to have his phone on him and that it was a Field Day so he couldn't answer it even if he wanted to. She persisted so I called and of course, he didn't answer. Eventually a manager came out and told the other clerk to just let me have the room for the one night and when my boyfriend checked in the next day they would sort it out with him. They gave me my room and I went on my way.

Okkkaay, so I'm really not very picky. I don't need the Hilton or Holiday inn, I'm used to motels & Econo lodges okay? But when I walked into that room, holy God. It smelled like someone had left milk in the fridge for about a week and it was freezing because the AC was on high. I literally could not deal with the smell in that room and immediately walked out and requested a different room. There was NO way I could have slept in there. My new room was on the top floor and I was optimistic that it would be better. Afterall the lobby smelled fine. Unfortunately the 3rd floor smelled like some sort of strange mixture of pepper and floor cleaner, I don't even know! The room was fine, it smelled okay, but upon closer inspection it was not very clean at all.

The plates provided were dusty/dirty feeling so I made sure to wash them all in hot hot water to my own standards. There were crumbs on the floor and on one of the tables, the coffee pot had residue in it. There appeared to be light gray mold spots all over the freezer and it smelled musty. There was a liquid spill of some sort on one of the nightstands which I promptly cleaned. The bed looked clean but one of the middle layer blankets was probably older than me! It looked chewed up and had been sewn in some parts. Seriously that kind of blanket is $9 at Wal-Mart, how cheap can you be? The bathroom was alright until I noticed an absolutely horrendous mess on the outside bottom of the bowl. Which I would not have noticed had I not dropped something. Absolutely nasty. I literally had to clean the room before my boyfriend got there because I wanted him to be able to relax and not be grossed out. The room had wired internet but it was spotty and didn't work more often than it did.

During our stay someone had a dog in the hotel and you could hear it barking sometimes. Occasionally throughout the day there were some young children running up and down the halls screaming and making noise. We were fairly quiet and tried to mind our own noise level. Well, on Thanksgiving when we were sitting down and eating the dinner we cooked the front desk called our room and said they had a compaint about noise from our room! Excuse me? We are sitting eating dinner and watching TV! There are children running up and down the hall screaming, but we get a complaint call?

The next day while we were having lunch there was a knock at the door saying "room service" I made my boyfriend go check because we needed towels and then he came back and said "I'm not answering that, there's some Latin guy out there wearing a wifebeater with headphones on knocking at the door saying 'Room Service' in a woman's voice". Um... where's security? Apparently you need a Marine boyfriend to be safe here.

Now we didn't do much for vacation since there isn't much to do in Pensacola so we spent most of the time in the hotel room and my biggest complaint is the fact that I contracted bacterial Pink Eye during my stay here! The only things that touched my face were the pillow cases, and the towels and both my doctor and I are 99% sure it was from the towels. They didn't smell clean at all! I wish I never stayed here, it wasn't worth the hassle. My boyfriend said he wouldn't stay there again either.

Pros- There was a kitchen, a grocery store across the street, close to base, fairly quiet area, pool, cable TV.

Cons- See above review.

• Stayed November 2009, travelled as a couple