“Avoid!”

Ranked #34 of 65 Hotels in Pensacola
Fort Worth
“Avoid!”
Reviewed 6 July 2014

If you are looking for a clean and comfortable place to stay then DON'T stay here! I don't have a problem with an older property as long as it's clean, but this place was filthy! Tiles were peeling up on the bathroom floor, there were stains in the toilet, dirt smudges on the wall, a foul smell in the room. The carpet looked like it hadn't been cleaned in at least a decade and probably never been replaced. I unfolded my bath towel to find a brown sticky smudge on it, there is almost no water pressure in the shower, big watermarks on the ceilings, the bed was extremely uncomfortable and had a sway in the middle and it squeaked every time you moved, and that's just the condition of the rooms! The neighborhood is extremely seedy with vagrants walking around at night. There was a group of about 15 teenagers hanging out by the entrance of the hotel when we came in one evening, doing God knows what at 1am. I wouldn't feel comfortable in the parking lot by myself at night.
I don't know what was going on the weekend we were there but the other hotel guest were loud. We could hear kids screaming/laughing/talking up and down the hallway all night. I kid you not, there was a lady in her pajamas with a blanket napping on the sofa in the lobby! I don't know if she was a guest or just some transient. There were kids running to and from the pool so there were puddles of water up and down the lobby, wet towels laying around and candy wrappers on the floor. I have NEVER seen a hotel in this shape! The only reason we stayed is because it was a holiday weekend and everything else was booked. We seriously debated sleeping in our car! It is that bad. Save yourselves the nightmare and book somewhere else. This place needs to be shut down!
The only good thing I can say about this hotel is that the front desk staff was nice. I actually felt bad for them that the had to work at this hell hole. Don't stay here.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Amunet77

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Guthrie, Kentucky
Reviewed 1 July 2014

We stayed 3 nights, during the week, for a short family vacation to Pensacola. They allowed us to check in about 30 minutes early, which was nice. We were assigned room # 334 and when we got up to the room, the door keys wouldn't work. Went back downstairs and told the desk clerk and she re-programmed 2 more keys for # 334 and when we went upstairs, the keys worked but there was already someone staying in that room! Went back downstairs again, for a 2nd time, and the desk clerk finally figured out that she had written down our room # incorrectly. It should have been # 343 instead of # 334. (The original keys we were given probably would have worked for the right room!) She reprogrammed 2 more keys for # 343 and we were able to get inside. So, we had a 1/2 hour delay back and forth to the front desk before we could get in our room on check-in.

The room was pretty clean but very hot. Apparently once they get done cleaning the room, they turn the A/C all the way down so the compressor doesn't kick on and it doesn't keep the room even the slightest bit cool.

We explored our new room to familiarize ourself with it and discovered that the kitchenette was missing all cooking pans - dutch oven w/ lid, saucepan w/ lid and skillet. We really didn't plan to use those anyway, but we did advise the front desk to make sure they knew the pans were missing when we arrived so that we wouldn't be charged for them after we left and the housekeeper realized they weren't there. They offered to get us some replacments, but we declined because we didn't need them anyway.

There was 3 sets of towels, 2 tiny bars of soap and a tiny bottle of shampoo in our bathroom. We had to ask the front desk for replacement towels every day, as they don't clean except for weekly due to this being an "extended stay" hotel. This was not an issue - just be aware that you need to get them on your way back up to your room.

There was a large horizontal crack that ran about an inch above the top edge of the shower unit from one wall to the other. The crack was starting to open a little, not sure if the shower unit was falling through the floor or what was going on there.

The bottom 2 - 3 inches of the tub where it connected to the bathroom floor was filthy. It looks as though there had been tape (?) all along the bottom and it had been removed, leaving the adhesive, allowing dirt and previous guest's hair to attach to it and really make it look unappealing.

There was a rug/towel laying across the side of the bathtub with a bar of soap on it. Nice, except for the rug looked like it had fresh blood drops on it. Ick. Some of the bath towels we got from the front desk also were stained and looked like dried blood on them so they weren't used.

Several of the TV channels were really fuzzy and didn't come in clearly. We just moved past those and found something else to watch.

The beds weren't particularly comfortable, but they will do for a short time. The linens were clean and white and looked fresh.

The change machine in the laundry area was out of order as were at least 1 washing machine and 1 dryer. The ice machine was also not working the day we checked in - we didn't look at it again the rest of our stay.

The pool was clean and appeared well kept and well maintained.

The front desk staff was very polite and helpful on all of our encounters with them.

I know my review sounds very negative, and you probably wonder why we stayed there, but we don't normally stay in our room except to shower/sleep when we are on vacation, so we just looekd past the minor issues and went on our way. I just wanted to point them out here for other potential travellers to make their own informed decision.

All in all, it was an affordable and fairly clean place to stay close to the attractions we wanted to see while in Pensacola.

This hotel is close to the Pensacola Naval Base, so it is very convenient for travellers visiting Navy personnel. It was pretty quiet the entire time we were there.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Jacksonville, Florida
Reviewed 16 June 2014

I stayed here to visit my husband who is attending A school at NAS Pensacola. I love the location of this hotel it's very close to the base, near Cordova mall and a lot of eatries are nearby. When I arrived I was sick with the flu and asked the front desk if I could check-in early they were very nice and found me a room right away. I thank them so much for that! My room was clean and very comfy. The only complaint was my door had to be slammed to get it to shut and lock. I would definitely stay here again. The staff is also very friendly.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 June 2014 via mobile

Went to Pensacola to learn to dive. Super close to MBT dive shop. Rooms were clean and spacious, desk staff were friendly and prompt service with cleaning. Recommend definitely, good price for the amenities. Will come back and stay next dive. I recommend bring a cooler of food next time, stove and microwave in room.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Naomi C
Reviewed 1 June 2014

I came down to visit fiancé who is in the navy. This was tv closest to the base and was pet friendly. So of course I close to stay here and it was reasonably priced. Well when I got checked in, they failed to go over the pet policy with me which I later found out stated, you couldn't leave your pet in the room unattended. How is anyone suppose to go out to dinner or to the pool or to the store for that matter if you have to take your pet everywhere. Hardly any place allows pets to just be with you. I mean they called and said he was barking and what not which I completely understand that and I apologized he was just upset I left him after a long drive down, but I mean pet friendly means you can have a pet in the room and can come and go as you please. I know if he wouldn't have made a peep they wouldn't have said anything but I wasn't even there for an hour and got pissed cause not everywhere we go we can take our pets that's why it's convenient to have a pet friendly hotel to where you can leave them and come back later. But anyways I cancelled my reservation got a full refund and I won't stay there ever again. The staff was nice up until the pet policy issue.

• Stayed May 2014

Travellers are raving about these Pensacola hotels

Robeline, Louisiana
Reviewed 27 May 2014

The rooms were spacious enough and had excellent room service. We bought our own coffee cause we are Community Coffee drinkers, but everyone was so helpful and friendly! I would definitely recommend it to anyone wanting to go see the city and relax on the beach. The toll is just a dollar and then you can park anywhere, with tons of beach space. We even had a "hotel" day to play in the pool and grill on the patio. The weather was PERFECT and I'd absolutely plan a trip around this time of year if I go again! Just remember your sunscreen! :)

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Jeanette S
Edinburgh
Reviewed 12 May 2014

We were travelling from Orlando to New Orleans and looking for somewhere to stay en-route. Our travelling party consisted of a couple ( us) and 2 friends. Upon arrival we were greeted by a very helpful and friendly lady at reception. Both rooms were ready and we checked very quickly. Our room was very spacious and had lots of windows allowing in plenty of natural light. Each room had a kitchen area, (with washing up liquid, dish towels etc all supplied) a breakfast bar, free wi-fi, and a large comfortable bed. The second room had 2 separate double beds instead of the 1 king size, but I'm told also very comfy.
There was no hair drier in the room but one was quickly borrowed from reception.
We didn't use the swimming pool as it was raining but our room overlooked it and it looked clean and there were quite a few sun loungers surrounding the pool.
All staff that we encountered were friendly and helpful.
We felt this hotel was good value for money.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Keeno1873
pnsgm, General Manager at Suburban Extended Stay Pensacola-NAS, responded to this review, 14 May 2014
Thank you for your comments. We appreciate you taking time to let us know how we are doing.