“Nice Place”

Ranked #34 of 65 Hotels in Pensacola
New Paris
“Nice Place”
Reviewed 14 October 2013

Very beautiful hotel and up-to-date. Comfortable and spacious. Beautiful yard and outdoor patio and pool and there is a pool inside with an adjoining patio. Our room was not very clean when we arrived, but dont let that discourage you. The whole week we were here I noticed a large staff of housekeeping working very hard and there was a noticable difference in every area of the building. Maybe it was timing. Coffee is great! The staff is friendly and very accomodating! Pet friendly with no odors. No unreasonable amount of noise. Shopping and restaurants surround within walking distance. I would recommend this hotel to anyone. We have been here more than a few times. Kim....:)

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
ashtongm, General Manager at Ashton Inn & Suites- Navy, responded to this review, 18 November 2013
Thanks for staying that week with us. I know you by the coffee comment. Please come back when you can and thanks for the great review of our hotel. Thanks!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Panama City
Reviewed 14 October 2013

Nasty musty/moldy smell when you step into the lobby. Incorrect curtain size allowed too much light into the room. The pool area was nasty. The pool water was cold and cloudy. Concrete pieces were breaking off around the pool and the roof had bad water spots and paint peeling. The mens bathroom couldn't be locked. Insuffiecient staff couldn't handle loud neighbors at 12:30 am. Final nail in the coffin - cockroach crawling up the wall.

Room Tip: spend the money and go with a name brand hotel.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Obviously you were here when the pool heater in the indoor pool went out. I can understand your frustration with everything. We just replaced it by the way. When it is working it is like a steam bath in the pool room. Unfortunately, that causes paint to peel and stain. That is a regular item on the maintenance list. We use floor mats at the entry that absorb water. They can smell if they stay wet so we take them away for drying. That is probably what some guests will smell,especially after a couple of rainy days, and some never smell it or complain.Thanks, for pointing it out though.As for guests that make noise in the hotel late at night.I apologize for that. A lot of folks never tell us about it until they leave.We don't mind moving either guest to a different room, but who wants to move in the middle of the night-right?The common thing we do is to warn them and next complaint we call the deputy or if military, we can call the base.I'll stop here.Thanks for staying with us and sharing your experience with us.

Travellers are raving about these Pensacola hotels

Tennessee
Reviewed 4 September 2013

Family reunion. Took my wife, son,his wife, 3 grandkids. needed 2 rooms and was not willing to pay beach prices. Especially since my wife and I are not really beach people. Nice clean rooms. Stove, fridge, coffee maker in room. Large gathering area in lobby. The pool furniture was suffering end of season blues. very convenient to Navy Base. Takes a little travel to get to beach but not a big deal.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank karatepunk816
Thank you for reviewing your stay with us. We appreciate the kind things you had to say.We hope you come back and stay again some day. We have a lot of changes planned. Right now we are deep cleaning all of the rooms in the main building (72) rooms of the 133.Next we will be building on our Lounge in the main lobby. We hope to have it ready by feb.2014.
richmond hill, ga
Reviewed 26 August 2013

We stayed at this hote Aug.23 and 24 2013 . The night of the 24th was so noisey in the room above us we did not get any sleep. It sounded like they was going to come through the ceiling and kept running in and out the doors all night. We complained to desk 3 times and the desk said quite a few other guests complained and the police was also called but the people never did quite down. I asked to speak to the manager Ron Harper Sunday morning when I checked out was told he would not be there until monday morning. I called and left 3 messages monday and I never heard a word from him . Did not like how my complaint was handled will not go back mae charron

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank Mae C
ashtongm, General Manager at Ashton Inn & Suites- Navy, responded to this review, 29 August 2013
One thing I can say is I want to thank you for your understanding. I did get your 2 messages and left you a message the following day .You were very pleasant on the phone. I always check the log book to review the entries. Your complaint about the noise at 7:00 pm Sat.was in there.As well as Front desk clerks follow up call to you after warnings were given to the parents of the children to quiet down (8:30)pm. As I said, on the phone to you, we would have pursued it even further if you not told the clerk they had quieted down. We have quieter areas in the hotel and I know you liked the fact your room was at the side entrance close to your car but if you like to go to sleep early let the front desk know when you stay in hotels and I think you will find they will be most accommodating, especially to our elderly guests.
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed 24 August 2013

I stayed here for 6 days during July and enjoyed my stay. I traveled alone and felt very safe coming and going. My room was very clean and quiet. The housekeeping staff was very efficient and friendly. I was greeted by the front desk personnel when ever I passed the desk.
My room was a nice size with a table, refrigerator, stove, microwave and dishes. I will stay here again when I am in town.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
Thank you, I am very happy to hear you enjoyed your stay. And,thank you for your great review of the hotel and staff. Please come back again.
Reviewed 28 July 2013

We simply did not have it in our budget to pay the $150 up price of hotels at Pensacola Beach and this hotel seemed like a good deal at under $100. We went to visit the Naval Aviation Museum and this hotel was very near the base. It is also unfortunately in a less desirable area of the city, a fact we did not know. The hotel itself is clean, the room spacious with a kitchenette that included a real full size refrigerator, 2 burner range, microwave & coffeemaker. Breakfast, however, is the least that I have ever encountered in any hotel...a few muffins and pastries, coffee and juice. We chose to eat at Denny's & Ihops.

The room was clean and had a large desk unit, sleeper sofa, queen bed, 2 night stands each with a lamp, table and 2 chairs and a nice wide screen TV. It was surprisingly quiet. There was light leakage around the door however that made our room very bright at night...needs to have some kind of trim there. I stuffed towels around the door.

On the plus side, the WIFI worked great even on the 3rd floor.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Flyinggal
ashtongm, General Manager at Ashton Inn & Suites- Navy, responded to this review, 14 August 2013
Thank, you for your review! We all appreciate the things you said about our staff and property. We look forward to you staying with us in the future.
McKinney, Texas
Reviewed 23 June 2013

We stayed at the 910 N. Navy Blvd. location for one week in June, 2013. The property itself is similar to an extended stay chain hotel. The room was clean, everything worked, had clothes washer/dryers and ice machines on every floor. The staff were all very efficient and helpful. Housekeeping did a great job every day. Ashton does a great job at a fair price and keeps it simple. Three minutes from NAS Pensacola. We will go back again!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
ashtongm, General Manager at Ashton Inn & Suites- Navy, responded to this review, 20 August 2013
Thank you for your comments. I think we have all been put in a position of dealing with someone rude in our lifetime. We don't condone it here. Necy's desk plate was on the desk with new hires when you stayed with us. She is our front desk manager. I passed on your comments to Christina and commended her for being so helpful to you. Please come back again, and thanks for the good things you said about the Ashton.