“Have had Better Lunches”
Review of Polonza Bistro

Polonza Bistro
Ranked #69 of 685 Restaurants in Pensacola
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Great southern eats. We make everything in house including all of our breads, dressings and sauces. We have a 10ft smoker for all of our meats!
Reviewed 11 July 2013

I have eaten here several times and the food is average. Today was not very good. The soup was good, but sandwich - Smoked- had limp bacon and sourdough bread that was soft, instead of toasted and crisp. Wait staff was attentive and nice.

1  Thank robert m

Reviewed 10 July 2013

We found Polonza Bistro by accident and it looked like a nice place for lunch. The service was not very good as our waitress would disappear for a while and never refilled our drinks. I had the Reuben which was good, while others had the mushroom burger and fried chicken. The food was average and I wouldn't go out of my way to return to the restaurant. We also ordered coffees to go which were made well.

Reviewed 28 June 2013

Went there because they gave out coupons at the Chocolate Festival this year and thought I'd give it a try. Am I so glad I did! We had breakfast and coffee at my first visit and just went again last Sunday for brunch. Both times the meals were excellent. Our waitress (same waitress both times) was a little "loopy" (quote from hubby) but she was endearing and friendly even if she seemed a little confused at times. She just added character to the place, lol. We ordered fritattas and they were both so tasty, seasoned perfectly that there was no need for additional salt and pepper. Yum! Both orders came with sides of home fried potatoes that were perfectly done on the outside and tender inside (loved the bits of jalapeno, too). The biscuits were tender with a little crisp on the edges that were buttery good. Both meals were hot, made to order and faultless. Coffee was great, fresh and tasty. I had the chai tea latte and it was spiced perfectly, rich and yummy. They have a HUGE selection of teas and coffees, something for everyone, and an expert barista. The ambiance is warm and the decor is just gorgeous. You can tell the folks there care about what they are doing as everything was just delicious and wonderful. Prices are reasonable. Personally, I think Polonza Bistro is far better than that other breakfast place on Gregory. I love this place and look forward to many more visits!

Reviewed 25 June 2013

I ate breakfast here last week. First the good. The restaurant is very nice, and somebody here knows how to cook. The food was tasty. Biscuits especially. But, it was borderline lukewarm. The grits were even cold. You can't keep grits hot? Had to send them back. They came back hot and good. The place wasn't crowded, so I can't explain why our order was not hot. If you want decaf coffee, you might better call ahead. We had to wait while they brewed it, but when the coffee came, it was good. DO NOT order the side of sausage gravy. The portion is so small that I accused my wife of telling the waitress I am a heart patient. So, I hope the management reads this review and corrects the small things, as they seem to have the food right. I will go back and see if I just caught them on a bad day, but for now, I will rate the place average.

Reviewed 22 June 2013

What a nice place to have breakfast or lunch. They close early and tend to have off hours but when you get there, their food is very good