“BEWARE OF SALT”

Polonza Bistro
Ranked #70 of 672 Restaurants in Pensacola
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Great southern eats. We make everything in house including all of our breads, dressings and sauces. We have a 10ft smoker for all of our meats!
Pace, Florida
“BEWARE OF SALT”
Reviewed 4 September 2013

On my first visit, thought this was a place I'd frequent...quaint place, not crowded, had a Daily Special, pretty good food and service. Went there with some family members and everyone enjoyed it.
My 2nd visit a week or two later, it was not bad. Hmmm, I'll be back to try another Daily Special. Well, I got this next one To Go. I should've tasted it before I left. It was the meatloaf & mashed potatoes special. I love real mashed potatoes and with the meatloaf, that was just comfort food to me. I dug into the potatoes and I had to spit it out!! It was soooo salty, it was inedible! I thought maybe more than one person there salted the potatoes (actually tasted like several people salted it). I couldn't believe they didn't sample while salting. I drank a GLASS of water and a bit of bread after the potatoes, but didn't want my meatloaf & gravy go to waste. OMG - they were overly- salted also, especially the gravy. I tasted 1 green bean (salt city!) and just dumped the whole thing. Sorry, but you've permanently lost MY business...I'm afraid to take another chance with Polonza Bistro. Such a shame too - I would've been a regular.

• Visited October 2012

hmseminole
“The best breakfast in Pensacola”
Reviewed 3 September 2013

This Bistro has the best breakfast in Pensacola. Make sure you try their homemade sausage. Their lunch specials are also excellent, especially the Tuesday chicken and dumplings and the Thursday chicken pot pie. Coffee is great too!

• Visited September 2013
Portland, Maine
“Great Sunday Brunch”
Reviewed 1 September 2013 via mobile

Everything is freshly made in house. The salmon was the best I have ever had. Complimentary glass of champaign with Sunday brunch. Loved it.

• Visited September 2013
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Horrible experience, never to return.”
Reviewed 28 July 2013

One of the worst experiences ever. Went for brunch this morning. Food was cold and undercooked. Wanted it recooked. Owner refused to do so. Wanted to "comp" something we hadn't even eaten. We never asked for compensation. Just wanted our food. Owner couldn't even tell us he was refusing to recook food. Sent the poor waiter to do it instead. The owner has NO clue what customer service means. I will never patronize this so-called "business" again, and urge anyone reading this review to avoid this place at all costs.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank ariannamyst
Sarasota, Florida
“Great Bistro!”
Reviewed 28 July 2013

We only had breakfast but it was fabulous. Next trip we will make sure to have lunch! Portions were a good size and the coffee bar was wonderful. Only open for breakfast & lunch.

Visited July 2013