“I was hoping more spicy, real Indian food.”
Review of Beyond India - CLOSED

Beyond India
Price range: US$7 - US$14
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Groups, Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Buffet
Description: Beyond India is a locally owned and operated restaurant featuring Indo-American Cuisine. At Beyond India, we understand that everyone has a unique palate, therefore we offer a variety of Vegetarian and Non-Vegetarian Specialty Indian dishes, made mild, medium, or spicy; American entrees and appetizers; and kid friendly meals. In addition to our dinner menu, we also offer a Breakfast Buffet from 6 am to 9 am and a Lunch Buffet from 11 am to 3 pm.
Miami
“I was hoping more spicy, real Indian food.”
Reviewed 7 April 2012

I was hoping to have a great Indian food Lunch, the buffet was nice but could have been a lot better. The best was the creamed spinach, nan bread and desert.
It is not spicy a all unfortunately for the ones that like real spicy Indian food.
I went to the lunch buffet, i imagine that is beause inside a hotel that they want cater to a wider palate. I wonder if the a la carte menu is better.

Florida
“Beyond India is a HIT!!!”
Reviewed 27 March 2012

I have finally tried the new Pensacola Restaurant Beyond India.
Family owned and run.

Went last night for supper and returned today for the lunch buffet.
I am worldly but am somewhat new to Indian Cuisine, wife is a country gal that is not fond of spicy food.
It was a fun and appetizing adventure for the both of us.

I am very impressed. Quality fresh food with meticulous preparation and interesting and authentic seasoning. Not just hot spice but really unique preparations.
I will compile both dining experiences into this one review.
Supper, ten to twelve dollar entrees. Served freshly cooked and the wait is worth the time. As an impatient American I sometimes clock watch for the quick serve which only means pre cooked entrees and readymade appetizers'.
This food was started from scratch and took about fifteen to twenty minutes but it was sooo worth the wait.

Lamb curry and Chili Chicken for me and a lentil mixture for the wife.
All quite well done and we ordered Tandoori bread instead of one rice serving and it was scrumptious. Fresh chopped garlic and butter on a Tandoori cooked flat bread.
Spicy, yes but can be made to order as the chef creates each dish. I got the chili chicken spicy and my wife got the lentils less spicy. The Lamb curry was excellent but was not so spicy because we split the serving.

The lunch buffet I returned to today because after last night I just had to have another go at this cusine.
$9.99 for the buffet, a steal and he said it was introductory and would end in a month or two because it was not profitable but he wanted a way for folks to enjoy some variety to create a customer base.

Mango Lassi, fantastic drink of mango, yogurt, and Spanish saffron. The only sweet is the mango so this drink is a perfect accompaniment to the meal. I have never had so interesting and delicious a drink. $2.99, like a thin shake but without all the sugar mess we Americans are used to. Highly recommended for a special something.
Goat curry was excellent and I liked it better than the Lamb curry. Hint of Rosemary makes it just right.
Chicken curry, loved it, Tandoori chicken was hat and fresh out of the Tandoori oven. Perfect as is for most but I liked mine dipped in some of the re chili sauce that you can ask for.
Fried vegetable fritters, very good, spicy cabbage very good, and again the Tandoori bread that I cannot rave enough about and eat too much of.
I saw families with children eating a fine meal so kids have choices here also. They also offer some traditional fares for the wary, fish and chips, American sandwiches, and more such stuff.

Selfish me says you must try the restaurant. I want it to be discovered so I can have a fine Indian restaurant within my go zone as I have been willing for some time but have just discovered "Beyond India"

• Visited March 2012
Las Vegas, Nevada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“great prices”
Reviewed 13 March 2012

i was just visiting pensacola and stayed in quality inn hotel.
found out later that they have a indian food restaurant in there..
i tried it everything was good and the prices were awwsome..
i spent 15.81 for my complete meal it was cheap for indian food.

• Visited February 2012
Orlando, Florida
“GOOD FOOD”
Reviewed 5 February 2012

I Was On My Way To ORLANDO THIS PLACE IS LIKE 1 MIN AWAY FROM I-10.
I stopped for gas and i saw this restaurant.
The lunch buffet was just 7.95 and it comes with indian bread.
MANGO CHICKEN WAS VERY TASTY AND I AM STILL DREAMING ABOUT MANGO LASI.
DINING ROOM was very clean.
Staff was attentive

• Visited January 2012
Pensacola, FL
“Authentic Indian Cuisine”
Reviewed 29 January 2012

The restaurant itself is clean and very open. The staff is very welcoming and attentive. The food was worth the wait at dinnertime. The owner came over and chatted with us, and told us that the chef is from India, and the food is very authentic. Some dishes are based on his mother’s recipes. The portions are generous, and although we are both big eaters, we ended up taking food home. The mixed grill was loaded with perfectly seasoned meats. The vegetable dishes we ordered were equally impressive. The server asked us how spicy we wanted our food, and if anything, the food could have been spicier. So for all of you who are fearful of Indian food being too hot and spicy, this place will tone it down as much as you want. If you have not tasted Indian food, you are missing out on one of the most flavorful cuisines on the planet. The menu has a large variety of dishes, so we will most definitely be returning to try more of them. The small size and desire to serve authentic Indian food make this place a real gem. In a town that had no Indian restaurants a few years ago, we are now blessed with two excellent places from which to choose.

• Visited January 2012