“Two night stay”

Key West Inn - Pensacola
Ranked #59 of 65 Hotels in Pensacola
Reviewed 22 July 2014

We called & booked this hotel w/Hotels.com & arrived @ 12:30am to a line of people trying to check in as well. We finished with checking in around 1:30 b/c hotel.com didn't fax in our paperwork so I had to step out of line & call them back even though I showed our confirmation email to the clerk. Once we got to our rooms (2) one rm had a urine smell & roaches & the other rm was ok. We were so tired we just sprayed the rm down w/Lysol & went to sleep but the next morning we went & got our rm chg'd just couldn't take the smell anymore. Our rms were chg'd out & all was good. The clerks were very helpful during our ordeal. The complimentary breakfast was nothing to brag about but it was something to eat.

Signed: Vacationing w/family.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
There are newer reviews for Key West Inn - Pensacola

Reviewed 13 July 2014

I was looking up hotels to book for our vacation and I came upon Key West Inn, Pensacola. The pictures showed a breakfast area with a stove so I called to see if guests were allowed to use the stove. First the guy hung up on me on purpose, so I called back and told him, I just wanted my question answered and he said he's too busy to answer my question then set the phone down to talk to someone.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank LaToya B
Reviewed 15 May 2014

SIMPLY PUT - The rudest,most misogynistic, barely literate, non-English speaking staff in the continental United States.

Never drove up to a motel or a hotel with a NO TRESPASSING sign on the wall in front of the parking spaces next to the lobby. That should have been a sign, well it was a sign... but a sign from God to RUN!

We arrived around 8 PM on a weekend and the "clerk" at the front desk was unable to speak English, completely denigrating toward women, and just downright RUDE! He kept EMPHASIZING not to open the exterior doors to the rooms - the place is a converted motel which has had interior doors installed but left the parking lot side doors on as well.

The man couldn't explain where the room was or how to get there. We had to basically sign a blank check to get our room - it said on the check in form you had to sign that basically if the room wasn't left tidy that there would be extra charges. The actual word we can't recall, but it was all-inclusive and basically could have been construed to mean that if you didn't make your own bed you could be charged extra. When we balked at signing the man said, "You sign or I no give room!" When we asked him what was actually meant by the word he didn't know or couldn't say.

As we stood at the front desk I began to say "Screw this let's go," but my partner said she was tired and would deal with him. He condescended to her when she couldn't understand his instructions on how to find the room and said, "Here I give you different room and show you where it is!" but never did.

We walked to the room, past the locked up "Weight Room" that had a sign "Closed" on it, then past the garbage can in the middle of the corridor sitting in the middle of a puddle of water that was dripping down from the cracked and moldy ceiling, and finally found our room.

Wish I had an ultraviolet light. I'll post pictures when I find them. The furniture was ragged... holes in it. Lamps with burnt out light bulbs. The interior security latch had been literally RIPPED from the door frame at some point in the past and never replaced. ANYBODY with a key card or half a mind to get into our room could have done so and we'd never have had a chance.

Holes in the wall; a refrigerator with mold in it. Stains on the "linen" - it was a nightmare.

There was absolutely nothing good to say about the place. The pool was closed. The ice machines sparse and placed outside rather than in. There were hurricane fences with razor wire atop them around the property.

The "breakfast" was a box of cereal and a cup of coffee underneath a sign that said "If you not registered at this hotel you must pay us $5 for the food."

I can't begin to describe this place. It looked like the local dive for drug users and politicians trying to avoid the media finding out they had a thing for hookers.

We were tired - we stayed. If we hadn't had a gun with us, we'd have passed once we realized the room was totally insecure and that at some point in the past something had happened in it that caused the door to be broken in.

In my opinion, staying here is RISKY. I wouldn't do it again even if they paid me.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
7  Thank Jessica C
Reviewed 2 September 2013

Not too close to the beach maybe a 20 min drive which isn't bad. Close to restaurants and shopping. Rooms are nice and reasonably priced. had a quiet stay. Would stay again and recommend to others. Front desk person was well mannered and polite.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
4  Thank kkblue
Reviewed 28 May 2013 via mobile

We decided to stay here because the prices were reasonable and the lobby looked decent. We were booked for three nights but just couldn't stay the whole time. The room was filthy. After reading these reviews from several years you would think that they would do something to improve their place. Cleaning and painting would help some. It looked like they barely cleaned the place and the smell was terrible. It was a nonsmoking room but you could tell it had been smoked in. They tried to cover up the smell with a very strong air freshener. A tissue was hanging on the smoke alarm and there was used soap in the shower. The final straw was a roach crawling in our bed. We packed up and left. If you know what is good for you, don't stay here.

• Stayed: May 2013
8  Thank Bwarnock
Reviewed 6 July 2012

This place is literally the most gruesome disgusting shack of a bed and breakfast I have ever stayed in! It reeks of raid, the doors all look like they have been busted out as they nicked and dented, service is horrible, they advise you that the shack is cleaned simply with household washing agents and are not sanitized according to federal and stage standards; I feel like my well being is being threatened! DON'T EVEN THINK ABOUT STAYING HERE!

• Stayed: July 2012
8  Thank Xavierography
Reviewed 2 July 2012

This motel is now the Key West Inn. I was skeptical from the start but it was cheap and was in a good location. The minute I walked in the room I was greeted by a musty smell and then a roach crawled out from behind the door. I WILL NEVER EVER STEP FOOT IN THAT PLACE AGAIN!

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family