“Outstanding Attraction - Must See Rating: 10 out of 10”

Historic Pensacola Village
Ranked #3 of 49 Tours in Pensacola
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Historic village consists of twenty properties belonging to the Pensacola National Register Historic District, including several museums and the Colonial Archaeological Trail.
Useful Information: Stairs / lift, Activities for older children, Bathroom facilities, Activities for young children
Reviewed 19 May 2014

My wife and I spent over 2+ hours on May 15, 2014 at the Historic Pensacola Village. You can tour on your home and you can also take the 90 minute tour of 3 buildings and the church. We highly recommend you take the tour since it covers buildings not available on the "self guided" tour. Well worth the token charge for the tour.

Miraium (spelling) gave a great explanation of how to see the historic village. See was very patient and was very helpful. It's nice to see someone taking money and giving tickets who is friendly and so helpful.

Phillip was our tour guide for the 11am tour. His 10 minute history lesson before the start of the tour was outstanding. It really helped tie the history of Pensacola together and the 5 countries that owned Pensacola.

As we toured each building Phillip gave us the background story and then the details of everything in each room. He answered every question and always had an answer. His knowledge, sense of humor, and timing was excellent. He knew enough to let everyone sit in the church since we had been on our feet for an hour and it was actually fun listening to the background stories. The wife is a history buff and she especially enjoyed his material. We both appreciate individuals that know their stuff.

Phillip encourage people to take pictures and I did. You have got to realize that I am an Advanced Amateur photographer and took over 100 pictures on the tour and was often the last leaving a building.

We had two days in Pensacola and this was the BEST attraction we went to. After the tour we did wonder thru some of the other buildings. We were both impressed with the condition of the building, well maintained and the contents were correct for the era.

The next morning before we left we went back to the village before it opened so I could shoot more photographs of the buildings. That 15 minute stop turned into 90 minutes as we took out side pictures and toured a few buildings. Also got pictures of the people working in the correct clothing for the era.

The older gentleman who was setting up to work on a single shot riffle was very helpful and he shared how he makes a rifle. He posed with my wife and had a great positive attitude.

No matter how long you have, this is a MUST SEE attraction and well worth the time.

4  Thank Delmar M

Reviewed 13 May 2014

My sister and I went on the tour one afternoon when she was in town. It was very interesting and we thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. The guide was very knowledgeable even though he was very nervous! I would not recommend going too early in the day since that would be the time school children would be on field trips.

1  Thank ChattyKathy53
Reviewed 6 May 2014

My husband and I we're recommend to visit downtown Pensacola. So glad we did, it's so beautiful, like stepping back in time. Lovely clean well kept town. Do go and visit this great place.

2  Thank Joanna M
Reviewed 1 May 2014

Easy to find and walk area. Information easily obtained.
Interesting history of area.Buildings well kept. People
helpful and cheerful. Proud of their town.

1  Thank morine
Reviewed 24 April 2014 via mobile

We took the guided tour and had an excellent guide. She was informative, funny and engaging. You can only see specific four structures with the tour and it's included in the price. Plus you get 2 additional museums. You can other houses without the tour but it's well worth the time to go the tour.

2  Thank TC c