“Clean, Nice Experience”

Veterans Memorial Park
Ranked #14 of 111 things to do in Pensacola
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: The home of Wall South, the first permanent replica of the National Vietnam War Memorial. Founded in 1992 the Park has since grown and prospered. It now includes a WWI Memorial, a WWII Memorial, a Korean War Memorial, and a running series of plaques to honor local warriors who have fallen in the Global War on Terror. There is also a Purple Heart Memorial and a monument to the submarine lifeguards who rescued so many Navy pilots in WWII (including President George Herbert Walker Bash). Most recently, it is home to the Marine Corps Aviation Bell Tower, which has become a popular venue for local veteran's events and ceremonies. Our Park continues to grow. A Revolutionary War Memorial has been approved and will shortly join our other memorials. It will fill a gap of omission at the Park, honoring those whose sacrifice gave Americans a Nation worth defending. The next gap to be filled will be a memorial to honor the current generation of Americans who are fighting the Global War on Terror. Our community is steeped in military tradition and enriched with a strong military presence. The full range of service, sacrifice, duty and honor that comes with military service is amply illustrated in the example of our own citizens. This park is dedicated to the memories of those who sacrificed their lives in the defense of this nation.
Reviewed 1 July 2014

You can see the Veterans Memorial Wall, along with other veterans displays. The grounds are neat, clean and well-kept.

Reviewed 1 July 2014

I love it because of the wall.. I went there to see if I could find my cousin name on the wall who died in Vietnam. This park is beautiful.

Reviewed 30 June 2014

Very nice park commemorating Vets from World War 1 and 2 as well as service members from the Vietnam War with a smaller replica of The Wall South like they have in Washington D.C. & Korean War statues. I believe the maintenance of the park is solely done by donations. Very nice and totally worth a visit.

Reviewed 30 June 2014

Hawkshaw Lagoon Memorial Park is a quarter-mile inlet located on the south side of Bayfront Parkway, across from Veterans Memorial Park, which serves as the National Memorial for Missing Children. A pedestrian bridge spans the lagoon and leads to an observation deck with the memorial's centerpiece, a sculpture by artist Sam Nettles called "The Sanctuary".( just copied and pasted that intro, here are my words) Cool view if you're nearby.

Reviewed 19 June 2014

We headed over the day before the Million Vet March. As vets, both my wife and I were very impressed with the park. There are several areas to quietly contemplate what Veterans have sacrificed to keep our country safe.

I highly recommend visiting this park to anyone who is interested.

1  Thank Ramblingman163