“RUN don't walk away from this HOTEL!! Believe the bad reviews..”

Baymont Inn & Suites Pensacola
Ranked #45 of 65 Hotels in Pensacola
Reviewed 18 July 2011

My family and I were passing through on a trip to Orlando and decided to visit Pensacola. This place is in a bad part of town near a closed down mall, at check in front desk was rude and completely unprofessional. Rooms were smelly,dirty and mold all around the walls. Carpets were filthy and wet. Kids had a room 2 doors down from us and their neighbors were loud drinking outside even after calling the front desk twice come to wake up in the morning to find empty beer bottles all outside the walkways along with 3 big bottles of crown to nights in a row. Hotel sent us across parking lot to antihero hotel if we wanted a swimming pool where a nights stay was $39. a night need I say more GHETTO is what it was just like the area!! I booked our stay at HOTELS.COM and reviewed this place and still have not seen my review posted.
If just passing through stay on a street called scenic route area looks better and safer. NOT to mention the picture sown are OLD and FALSE, rooms look nothing like pics!!
WILL NEVER RETURN TO THIS HELL HOLE AGAIN!!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank dcontreraz

Reviewed 5 July 2011

Toilet nit working , don't have swiming pool

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank tato222
Reviewed 20 March 2011

We booked our rooms on Priceline got a great rate. Checked in at 12:30pm were told they had a few rooms left ( only one car in the parking lot, place seemed deserted), gave us the worst rooms, carpet wet around the air conditioner,it was right next to Hwy 10 trucks all night long. People checking in 1:00am slamming doors, yelling, again at 3:30am. People outside. I did not feel safe, I had planned to stay a few more days if I liked it and I did not. I would choose another hotel. Jan

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Janni57
Reviewed 18 March 2011

Vomit on the stairwell outside our room that stayed there for three days...even after we repeatedly asked for someone to clean it up. Coffee pot had gunk and dirt in the bottom of it, first room we were given had feces in the toilet. Absolutely awful. The supposedly "fitness" room is actually a gym room across town. Just do NOT stay here

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank JordanMP
Reviewed 25 February 2011

We rented two rooms in the motel for one night on a recent trip to Pensacola, FL. It's hard to know where to even start describing all the problems we encountered. We had non-smoking rooms which wreaked of stale smoke.
These rooms are not clean, had the absolute minimum blankets, sheets, pillows and towels. There were numerous cockroaches on the floors and counters. The hair dryer was dangling from the wall, the toilet paper holder was hanging out from the wall with screws missing. There were night stands with lights on both sides of the king bed, however, the cord on one light could not be plugged in to any outlet because of the distance.
The outside of the building gives a very favorable impression,, however when you check into your room, it's more like a cheap movie set of a hotel room. We would never consider staying in this hotel again.

• Stayed: February 2011
2  Thank twice_burned
Reviewed 7 February 2011

They hit the nail on the head. This place is disgusting and filthy. Shoddy paint job with paint sploshed over everything and the bedside wall lamps are rusty and unsafe. Air Conditioner was filthy with grime and what looked like cereal dumped in the vents. Smoke detector chirped every 5 minutes. No remote control. Bathroom light flickered like a disco ball which was extremely annoying. Guest laundry room does not work. Door lock does not function properly and had to get assistance to get in. Receptacle did not even work at the sink to plug anything up. I have been a Wyndham member for years and this is the absolute worst experience I have ever had in my life. Desk clerk said she would not stay here if the room was free after he gave me a refund and apology. I would not recommend this establishment to anyone seeking a room for the night. It would do well as a homeless shelter if anything.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank BrannenK
Reviewed 23 December 2010

I picked this property because we wanted a cheap no-thrills room for the night. Little did I know that meant no maid or maintenance service in this case! The landscaping and exterior is neat but modest; the lobby is clean and plain. There seemed to be new paint everywhere which gave the appearance of a makeover. The front desk is friendly but not real efficient. (One of the ladies was training the others on my check-in.)

The real disappointment is when you get to the room. There was dirt and debris all over the carpet as if no one ever vacuumed. This was especially apparent behind the furniture against the walls. There was some new paint in the room, but someone seemed to have missed painting the bathroom door which had a large area of peeling paint. The sink, tub and toilet seemed cleaned, but the tub faucet leaked all night. The room itself is pretty basic with just a small sink area. The bed linens seemed clean, but one pillow case had a cigarette burn on it and should have been thrown out. Speaking of smoking, there was an ash tray in this nonsmoking room (although the room did not smell of smoke.) The one positive thing I can say is that the A/C unit was the quietest that I've ever experienced in a hotel. They also had free WiFi, but you have ask for the login. Free breakfast in the morning was your basic cereals, pastries and breads -- nothing special but adequate. Bananas and apples where also available.

The property is right off the highway I-10. We had an inside room, so the traffic noise didn't bother us. There is a Red Roof Inn right across the parking lot that was advertising rates cheaper than what we got this one for ($60/night). I can't vouch for that property, but I would definitely check it out and pass this one up.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled with family