“"Pictures Can Be Deceiving"”

Baymont Inn & Suites Pensacola
Ranked #47 of 65 Hotels in Pensacola
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
“"Pictures Can Be Deceiving"”
Reviewed 31 May 2012

The only reason I stayed at this hotel because the decent hotels were booked. The cleaning staff was great and friendly and provided me with what I needed. "Thanks Ladies". But the Management sucks. I bought take out and needed some plates I notice that the hotel had plates in the Breakfast area that Morning which is a joke. So, I asked the staff could I have a couple of plates. I was told "NO" twice. So, I asked to speak to management and then all of a sudden the staff was told to give me some plates. I still requested to speak to management after paying $535.14 and was upset that I couldn't get a couple of plates after what I paid I could have bought several cases of plates. Definitely not use to this treatment at all. There are no accommodations in the hotel they have a computer but no printer so you can’t conduct any business while your there. Hopefully, for this overprice hotel (Pictures Can Be Deceiving) they can invest in some secure locks on the doors, wash cloths, and towels. “When they become dingy it’s time to get new ones Baymont Inn & Suites Pensacola”.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Mobile, Alabama, United States
Reviewed 30 May 2012

The hotel is full of drunks and truckers having a good time in the lobby! Couldn't even hear as I was trying to check in because of all of the noise from the drunks partying in the lobby. I realized quick this was not the place for my family and I so I a refund, April at the front desk was extremely rude and unprofessional! I have not gotten a refund from this place yet had to dispute the charges with my credit card company, and when I attempted to express my concerns with the general manager Tina she could care less and was jus as rude as the girl at the front desk. Don't waste 5 dollars in this dump, they treat their customers like crap, the hotel is a dump, and its not a family type environment.

Room Tip: Find another hotel!!!
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled with family

Travellers are raving about these Pensacola hotels

Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 30 May 2012

I was a little concerned after reading the reviews but I did not have any problems. Everyone was friendly, no issues with customer service. The place has been renovated and the furniture was updated. The bed was comfortable, had a flat screen tv with fridge and microwave in the room. The room could have been vacuumed better and they could update the bathroom but over all it was a good stay for the money. I just wish I would have paid attention because they do not have a pool but I was fine without it.

Room Tip: I stayed in the front by the office and it was very quiet.
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled solo
Jonesborough, Tennessee
Reviewed 19 May 2012

Checked in - dirty room with straw wrappers on floor, hair in bathroom, dirty sink, leaking toilet, broken door security lock, and stained up blankets. I actually could have lived with all that (not happily but I was tired), but the creepy factor topped it hands down. Felt like we were being watched, knocks came from the EMPTY connecting room door, door handle turned several times, knocks came from the room on the other side - empty as well. Then came the chip bag moving when no one was around it, the brown staining on the wall behind the bathroom door. and the cold breezes coming from the side of the room the AC wasn't on when the AC was off.

If things had ramped up any more, we would have slept in the car. As is, we took turns sleeping.

Hotel California? Try Hotel Pensacola. Worst stay ever and we left at dawn, without the breakfast, just to get away from the place.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
Fort Sill, Oklahoma
Reviewed 18 May 2012

Some of the reviews I read had me expecting a miserable stay, but I've had much worse at higher prices.
Room was standard except the King bed was huge. Somewhat clean and the maids promptly took care af any problems. The WIFI was very good and came in very handy. The TV was out of tune and the tune buttons were blocked. Asked for repair but still got bad display. Never saw a single roach, (that's excellent for Pensacola). Check in/out was very good. The Deluxe Breakfast wasn't. It was continental. I hate lies. Overall, it was an average 4 day stay at a decent price. It was certainly not as bad as some of the reviews which leads me to think they are trying to correct their problems.

Room Tip: I stayed on the second floor and did not have the noise problems that many have complained of.
Kissimmee, Florida, United States
Reviewed 11 May 2012

I arrived at 4 pm, after a seven hour drive, wanting nothing more than a clean, quiet room in which to shower and prepare for my appointment. The desk clerks informed me that there were no clean rooms available! I'd purchased my room through Priceline.com, which I'll never do again; because I'd already paid for the room, I was reluctant to simply walk away. The lobby was filled with loud, obnoxious high school basketball players. I asked for a room as far away from the players as possible. With no sense of shame, regret, or even customer-service, the desk-clerks told me that the high-schoolers were booked in every part of the motel. I left for another motel, expecting a refund from either Priceline or Baymont, as Baymont had broken their contract for a 3 pm check-in. No such luck. The manager was time-shifting between two motels, and when Priceline finally reached him, the best he would offer was a 10% refund ($6). I hope someone in Baymont's middle-management reads this review and realizes that holding onto a few dollars is not worth the animosity and negative publicity that such poor service engenders.

2 Thank Daniel L
Mauriceville
Reviewed 28 April 2012

We arrived in town late not knowing how long we would drive that night. We had a hard time finding a hotel that was clean. They let us look at the room prior to paying. The room was clean. The beds were comfortable, but not pillow tops. We enjoyed the stay and breakfast was better than expected. We had a microwave and fridge in the room. Location was great, right off the highway.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends