“Execellent Hotel, great location.”

Homewood Suites Pensacola-Arpt (Cordova Mall Area)
Ranked #6 of 65 Hotels in Pensacola
Reviewed 21 July 2011

Our room was spacious, well appointed and exceptionally clean.The staff was friendly and very attentive. Breakfast was plentiful, many choices all in a great atmosphere.
The location of this hotel couldn't be better, only a 15 minutes drive to the beaches and boardwalk. This hotel is surrounded by great restaurants and the Mall is practically adjacent to the hotel. Although it rained the entire time this was a great weekend thanks to the folks of this hotel.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 6 July 2011

We stayed at this hotel over the July 4th weekend. I was really impressed with the hotel. It is 3 minutes from the airport and about 25 minutes from Pensacola Beach. The breakfast was awesome. Hot, and fresh each day (be sure to get there before the staff does or you will be left with nothing). The pool was great as well, with the exception of the two days in a row when it had no clean towels. The rooms are standard suites clean, and nice. The front desk staff is very professional and courteous. Plenty of restaurants in the area for variety dining.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 July 2011

We really enjoyed our stay here. The check-in process was exceptional. Cindi Hasty went above and beyond to accomadate us and make us feel welcome! We will definitely be back.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 June 2011

Stayed here for one night due to the close proximity to the airport...this is a beautiful hotel! The rooms were impeccably clean and very comfortable...I only wish my flight wasn't so early, so I could have slept in a little bit :)

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 16 August 2010

My wife was called up for Coast Guard reserve duty to support oil spill clean-up operations between mid-June and end of July 2010. We stayed in the Homewood Suites with our 2 year old daughter for 6 continuous weeks. I worked from the hotel with a VPN connected laptop while my wife commuted to the nearby NAS Pensacola.

The hotel has a nice open lobby comfortable for enjoying the included breakfast and M-Th dinners. The breakfast was better than your typical Hampton Inn, but not quite as nice as an Embassy Suites. The included dinners prepared by Marcus and Andre were well above average beating most of the non-seafood restaurants in the area. I can't say enough about the pride and professionalism that these gentlemen demonstrate with providing the dinner experience.

The internet (both wired/wireless) and phone system reliability was excellent. Only once in 6 weeks did the network slow down to the point that I decided to postpone work.

Small issues like burned out light bulbs were fixed in less than a day. The in room and common area HVAC systems worked very well providing a comfortable environment for eating and sleeping. The low noise level produced in the room was continuous without annoying cycling. All major appliances and equipment worked flawlessly.

The location near the airport is well lit and seems very safe. I forgot to lock my car doors overnight on several occasions and never had an issue. I never felt the need to be on guard with my personal property or daughter in this nice neighborhood.

This nice of a hotel experience does not happen by accident. It is the result of hard work well done. Everyone took interest in customer satisfaction and seemed to enjoy working in this hotel. GM Cindy and assistant GM Chris were welcoming and directed questions to the appropriate subject matter experts. Bill and Derek in maintenance were always walking the grounds looking for the out of service infrastructure or performing routine maintenance. Matt, Ms. Latonya, and Daphene worked housekeeping issues like special service requests to de-conflcit with my daughters nap and my work schedule with pleasure. Susan worked at the front desk when she was not playing with my daughter. It was nice to see that everyone from GM to housekeeping staff took pride in earning the highest quality grade by a surprise internal Hilton corporation inspection that was conducted during my stay.

I can't wait to go back to what I now consider a rentable second home near the gulf coast beaches.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 4 August 2010

I stayed here because I like Hilton products and wanted the kitchenette for my stay, makes my life on the road easier. Room is very nicely furnished. Feels like home. My concur with the last post about high speed. I used my air card the entire time. I was also disappointed to find the mattress pad on sofa bed had noticeable odorous urine stains on it. Also room not fully stocked - not enough TP & no dish detergent. Little things like that. Biggest concern was staff was quick to make keys on two separate occasions w/out proper verification. It was creepy to think that anyone could have gotten a key and waltzed in my room. Front desk often not manned and security guard was sleeping at one point. I thought staff was nice, just needed to be trained better. This property could be over the top great if everyone put a little more effort into it.

• Stayed: July 2010
1  Thank la_solitaria
Reviewed 6 July 2010

If you're gonna be in and out of town sleeping this is a typical Homewood. For a longer 'typical' homewood stay this is not one of the better offerings in the system. I stay at Hilton's (Homewoods mostly) 200 nights a year for the past 3 years.

The Good: The bed etc is standard stuff, I'll give them credit for being the first hotel i've stayed in that doesn't, for whatever misguided reason, open the blinds on first floor rooms with decidedly un-scenic views.

The Bad: 'Highspeed' Internet. Isn't; at all. Highspeed internet doesn't require 30 minutes to download a youtube song.

I'd echo the comment earlier posters have made about the lack luster customer service. It's not bad exactly, just you're acutely aware that you're bothering the staff.

The internet is a killer if you're here long term. I tried the Hampton next door but they've the same problem.

My final opinion is thumbs down if you use the internet, thumbs up if you do.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled on business