“Up-to-date, Clean, comfortable & safe; Highly recommended”

Homewood Suites Pensacola-Arpt (Cordova Mall Area)
Ranked #6 of 65 Hotels in Pensacola
Frequent Traveler
“Up-to-date, Clean, comfortable & safe; Highly recommended”
Reviewed 26 July 2012

I always try to stay at Homewood Suites or Marriott, and I am picky about the clean appearance and smell of both the hotel common areas and the rooms, as well as the comfort of the rooms especially the beds, and safety. This hotel met all of my expectations. At first it seemed a little off the beaten path but I liked that, there was limited noise and less traffic, though there were many amenities within a very short distance and still close to the highway. The outside appearance of the hotel and surrounding area was friendly and looked secure enough, gave me the impression of a neighborhood, plenty of parking. We wanted to go to Pensacola Beach but didn't have a lot of time and so we missed the manager's evening reception, which looked very appetizing. There was a good crowd at the hotel, enough to let you know people were staying there, absolutely no waits for anything though including check-in (we arrived around 6pm). The beach wasn't very far, maybe 20 minutes I think. I had considered a few hotels on the beach at very much higher rates and I saw only one that might have compared to the appeal of this hotel to me. The room was clean, well stocked, and really cozy. Bedroom/bathroom completely separated from living/kitchen areas by a solid door, 2 flat screens in beddroom/living room. The beds were amazing, very clean and comfortable, room temperature was perfect...felt as good as it gets being away from home. We ate breakfast the next morning and it was excellent, a full serve yourself breakfast. I've stayed at a lot of homewood suites and this hotel rates at the top of them. Of course if I was staying for 4 or 5 days with the idea of a beach vacation I would be lured to the beach, but I would definitely stay here again as first choice if traveling through or in the area for business. I was already a hilton honors member and I looked online and joined one of their programs on earning stays (a legit one, there are some out there about using press etc. discounts) and received a discount on the rate, wasn't huge but it was helpful.

Room Tip: I usually ask for a room away from the elevator and on a top floor to reduce noise at homewood suite...
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
Cameron H, Director of Sales at Homewood Suites Pensacola-Arpt (Cordova Mall Area), responded to this review, 27 July 2012
Thank you so much for taking the time to submit your review regarding your recent stay at the Homewood Suites by Hilton Pensacola Airport Hotel. We take great pride in providing a superior guest experience for our hotel guests. Next time you are in Pensacola, we hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel again.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
retiredJB
Reviewed 25 July 2012

We live 6 miles from the airport, but selected this place to just be able to relax and leave the car at home. We would be flying out at 5:30 the next morning. We took beverages and snacks for the evening and breakfast items, so we were all set. We enjoyed relaxing in the living room of the suite and watching TV.

The registration desk informed us that the airport didn't even open until 4, so that allowed us to sleep an extra half hour without fear.

They had luggage carts readily accessible, so checking out was easy. The shuttle was ready for us at 4. It looked as if they had a rather extensive, included, breakfast, but because of our early departure, we could not take advantage of it.

Room Tip: Room 400 is right at the elevator, and since we had a lot of luggage, that was a plus. We did not he...
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
Thank you so much for choosing to stay with us. I'm glad to hear you enjoyed your stay and were able to relax and enjoy our spacious suites before heading to the airport. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you to the hotel again soon. And maybe next time you can enjoy our free breakfast buffet! Until then, safe travels.
Chicago
Reviewed 10 July 2012

Sure it's great to stay on Pensacola beach, but if your pockets aren't that deep, this is a really nice alternative. The staff at this hotel is very helpful, friendly and professional, especially the good folks in housekeeping. The property is very clean, centrally located, offers a good breakfast, and shuttle service to the airport and nearby Cordova Mall. But a word of caution for non-smokers: yes, we had a non-smoking room on an upper floor, as per our request. However, our room overlooked the outdoor patio/pool, where smoking is allowed. As a result, smoke would drift up into our room, even though our windows were closed. We would have liked to open the windows, but that was impossible because of the smoke smell. Luckily, we didn't spend that much time in the room. To the hotel's credit, they were willing to move us to another room, but the hotel was completely sold out due to the 4th of July holiday. So I do not fault the hotel, but just want to share this room tip with others who may be sensitive to smoke. I intend to stay at the Homewood Suites again later this year because it's well worth the price, but this time I'll make sure my room is located away from the patio/pool area.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
, Director of Sales at Homewood Suites Pensacola-Arpt (Cordova Mall Area), responded to this review, 14 July 2012
Thank you so much for your time in reviewing the Homewood Suites by Hilton Pensacola Airport hotel. We are delighted to have you as a hotel guest and appreciate you sharing your experience with others on TripAdvisor. We have shared your comments with our hotel team members as each one strives to exceed the expectation of our guests. We will also take into consideration your comments regarding our outdoor designated smoker’s area. In the future, when you’re searching for Pensacola hotels, we certainly hope to have the opportunity to welcome you again to our hotel.
Seaside, FL
Reviewed 10 July 2012

We spent two nights recently at the Homewood Suites near Pensacola Airport with two elementary age children. It was beyond my expectations. It started with a very attractively furnished, one bedroom suite. While small, the room was one of the cleanest hotel rooms I've ever stayed in, and the housekeeper was just down the hall when I arrived. As we passed, seeing that we had kids with us, she made sure to give us a few extra packs of popcorn and some granola bars to keep the kiddos happy. The kitchenette, though small, was more than adequate. We were able to store snacks and drinks in the full sized refrigerator, which was a nice change from the dorm size you usually get in hotels (and for an additional charge).

Next was the hospitality hours in the evenings. From complimentary wine and beer to what ended up being dinner (things like salisbury steak with green beans, chicken parm, etc.), everything was terrific. The hostesses made sure we all had everything we needed, and we left the hearth room feeling very satisfied.

The kids enjoyed the pool. An employee came out and gave them all kinds of things to play with in the pool, so they were beyond happy. It was also a nice touch to have the basketball area; we even found time to shoot some hoops.

The hearth room off the lobby reopens for breakfast. (You can get coffee there at any hour.) It was a full breakfast with all kinds of options. Each day, you could expect some kind of scrambled eggs, potatoes such as hash browns or tots, meat such as bacon or sausage, grits, yogurts, fruits, cereals, pastries, and the make-it-yourself waffles with toppings. All included!

The only constructive criticism I would offer this hotel is to move the smoking area. (And again, I stress that this is constructive, not complaining!) The smoking area is just outside the hearth room and you must travel through it to get to the pool area. We aren't used to smoking at all, and it practically choked us, even in the 1/2 second it took us to dash through the area to reach the pool. One morning, we had to take our breakfast outside when the inside room was full. We were alone for about five minutes, and suddenly were surrounded by people who all needed their smoke break right then. It would be better for everyone to move it off the main path a bit. Perhaps put some picnic tables over under the trees on the airport side of the pool and keep it separate? We also noticed that the area is where employees took their smoke breaks, which as a marketing executive, I find very unprofessional.

Overall, a GREAT hotel though, and we look forward to returning!

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
Thank you Ellasecret for your recent stay and review of the Homewood Suites by Hilton Pensacola hotel. We value you as a hotel guest and certainly value your feedback. We often hear from our previous guests regarding the value provided at Homewood Suites hotels with the evening hotel reception Mon-Thu, daily breakfast, and suites with fully functional kitchens. We have shared your comments with our hotel team members as each member truly works to provide the best experience possible. We appreciate your insight on your experience with the outdoor smoking area and will take your comments into consideration for the hotel. Again, thank you for staying with us and if you’re ever in the need of hotels in Pensacola, we hope to have the opportunity to welcome you to the hotel again.
Reviewed 30 June 2012 via mobile

We stayed at this hotel for 4 days in late June 2012. Whenever we have stayed in Pensacola, we either stay on the beach or stay with my sister in law. We'd only stayed once in a hotel that was not on the beach.

Let me tell you, though, that this little hotel has so much to offer. It is located about two blocks from the mall and I think the airport is a few blocks away. However, I personally only heard airplane sounds once (room 221 must face away from airport, I guess).

In case you stop reading before getting to the end, please note that the staff there is genuinely friendly. Every single person was very personable. Always greeted us with a smile--definitely a plus in my book.

The rooms were also very nice. "Suite" actually meant we (parents) had our own separate room with a door! That was appreciated, especially since a few weeks prior we'd stated at a Hampton inn and suites in tallahasse that was one big room with our bed and the kids' sofa bed facing each other! The nice sized windows in each room were also very nice.

We also had a stove, microwave, a fridge (almost full sized--so get those groceries), sink, and actual dinner and silverware. Its almost like a condo in that regard. Don't buy any morning foods, though, because the free breakfast is very good. From what I understand, they also feed you a limited dinner for free on weekdays...we missed out on that though since we were there fri- mon.

Anyway, Pensacola is a fairly small city, so getting to the beach only took about 20 minutes from our hotel. Also, I am certain that we didn't need to take the interstate every time, but with 3 other cars following me, I didn't feel comfortable exploring different routes. I don't want to mislead you...we did leave fairly early to get there (930am, after breakfast) and did notice longer lines on the bay bridge when we were coming back around 1-2 pm.

There are plenty of restaurants to choose around the mall (9th av) and they have a really nice church (St Paul Catholic) around 10 minutes away.

The only thing, of course, that this doesnt have is the beach location. However, it had a pool, free DVD's, and a 1/2 basketball court. If you're going for strictly beach vacation, don't stay here. For any other reasons (including partial beach trip), I'd definitely recommend this hotel to your family.

• Stayed June 2012
1 Thank YesWeWereThere
, Director of Sales at Homewood Suites Pensacola-Arpt (Cordova Mall Area), responded to this review, 6 July 2012
Thank you so much for your posted review of your stay at the Homewood Suites by Hilton Pensacola Airport Hotel. We are delighted to hear your feedback and to have had you as a hotel guest. We often hear from past guests about our spacious suites. If you're coming to Pensacola to visit the beach, our apartment-like suites are perfect for the whole family. The kitchens provide the option for extended stay guests to have "home cooked" meals in the suite. We do have the evening free hotel reception Monday - Thursday but we offer our free hotel breakfast daily. We appreciate you telling others about your experience in Pensacola and trust your comments have been shared with our hotel team. When travel has you searching for Pensacola hotels or suites, we'd love the opportunity to welcome you back home!
Sacramento, California
Reviewed 27 June 2012

Of course this hotel is very clean, comfortable and well located, but it was the service that knocked me out. From our maid to the manager, EVERYONE treated me like a rich old aunt. The business center was free and well equiped, the shuttle gave instant service, the beer was cold and the food was hot. What can I say?

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
georgia
Reviewed 15 June 2012

Conveniently located across from the Pensacola Airport, this Homewood Suite was a great find, amongst similar brand hotels.

It was well-maintained, very clean, and extremely interested in pleasing its' guests. The Suites were typical of the Homewood brand. This particular hotel had comfortable beds, flat screen televisions, and a well-stocked kitchenette. The breakfast buffet had good variety - with hot and cold food, and the evening dinner (no charge) was delicious. The staff was eager to assist in giving us directions to the beach, suggesting restaurants, and even looking for a lost earring (in the room, the parking lot, the lobby - unfortunately, never found!). There is an outdoor pool and small fitness area. Only complaint is that I couldn't locate a hot tub which I wanted to use after a long day of work.

The location is very convenient to a higher end Shopping Mall and easy access to Starbucks and a frozen yogurt shop (yum, yum).

This hotel is a no-brainer and worth choosing if in the Pensacola area.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled on business