“Overall Great Place to Stay”

Homewood Suites Pensacola-Arpt (Cordova Mall Area)
Ranked #7 of 65 Hotels in Pensacola
Reviewed 14 May 2014

My family stayed here for a one night stop on the way to Ft. Navarre Beach. As far as extended stay hotels go, this would be an easy place to stay for several days or weeks. The staff was all very helpful and the amenities were on par with what I usually expect from other similar hotels. Good selection at breakfast. My only (minor) complaints were that the pool was out of towels when we got out, and that the internet access was relatively slow. One other little thing, was you could definitely smell that the hotel allowed smoking, which was less than desirable when travelling with young children, but was only noticiable in the common areas (halls, lobby, etc.)

1  Thank davidl8992014

Reviewed 9 May 2014

We chose the Homewood Suites because it was close to the Pensacola airport, which was a real plus. We usually stay at Hampton Hotels, but thought this looked nice online (we didn't realize the Hampton was right across the street). We didn't arrive until after dinner and when we walked in the lobby the floors were obviously dirty and littered. The room was surprisingly spacious which we appreciated, but the furniture was tattered and looked worn out, something we noticed throughout the hotel. In fact, the bathroom sink faucet was loose as was the door handle to the bedroom. While the beds were comfortable, the top cover smelled funny which made it difficult to sleep. We were hoping to enjoy the breakfast buffet, but since we left on a Saturday, they didn't start serving it until 7:00 and we had to leave at 6:45. Very disappointing. Overall, I felt we really overpaid for what we got, though it was certainly convenient to stay so close to the airport.

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton
Danielle S, Director of Sales at Homewood Suites Pensacola-Arpt (Cordova Mall Area), responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2014

Thank you for taking the time to submit your review of our hotel. We apologize that we disappointed you in regards to cleanliness and condition. We are reviewing and sharing your comments to ensure that we improve the guest experience, in all areas. Thank you again for your review. We are truly sorry for your experience and hope you will come back to see our improvements soon.

Reviewed 6 May 2014

2  Thank TheOneNOnlyQ
Reviewed 6 May 2014

In the last year, I've stayed at 5 different hotels. This was for my graduation ceremony from UWF (online student). I wanted it to be special so I chose Homewood Suites. I truly enjoyed my stay. It was a bit more expensive than the others I've stayed at in the last year, but I was very happy with the rooms and breakfast. I wish I had been able to come during the week for the evening reception - sounds nice and I wouldn't have to go "in search of" a place to eat and relax. I had a 2 bedroom suite. The beds were comfortable. There was plenty of room to move around. The kitchen was a little tight, but was easy to get to and use. There was only one DVD in the living room area, but all 3 TV's were newer and could be hooked up easily to our own portable DVD player. They also had DVD's to watch free in the lobby and HBO. I liked the charging stations on the night stand (plug and USB). My only complaint would be to have more dresser room or an armoire to unpack. When you look at the cost of 2 separate hotel rooms, the cost of a FULL (not continental!) breakfast (and a FULL dinner on a Mon - Thurs), WITH a kitchen - it makes sense to have an enjoyable trip and enjoy the room(s) you're in. I was supposed to have 3 others with me, but they had to cancel at the last minute and the hotel was booked solid so it was just two of us in a 2 bedroom. I really wish they could have been there. The suite was a little expensive for two of us, but I wanted a "nice" room to celebrate and I got it I REALLY liked the 2 bedroom suite. If you have a group of 4 or more, go for it. You wont regret it.

1  Thank Lisa R
Reviewed 4 May 2014

love this Hilton concept but was not happy with the late check-out request refusal.

we travel 20+ nights a year for my husband's golf tournaments and every other hotel is understanding about him having the automobile at the golfT and, therefore, my need for a late/2pm checkout. we are Hilton Honors members to boot, and it's rarely an inconvenience for the staff to put our room at the bottom of the cleaning list or lock it up for cleaning the next day.

there are too many other hotel choices in Pensacola that are accommodating of our one need!

Room Tip: do not stay on pool/basketball court side
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank 2frequenttravelers04
Reviewed 21 April 2014

Traveled for business. Great location of hotel for shopping areas and local chain restaurants. Staff is very friendly and respectful and willing to assist. There is a hot breakfast with varies items. The manager’s reception are dinner food items so you get a good meal and not have to leave the hotel.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 21 April 2014

Stayed here with a group and everyone had the same complaint the beds were hard as a rock and did not sleep well. There was different foods for breakfast. Hotel was close to a mall and the beach was only 10 miles away but took 45 mins to get there!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family