“DON'T STAY HERE!!!!!! WORST PLACE EVER!!!”
Review of Luxury Suites

Luxury Suites
Ranked #46 of 65 Hotels in Pensacola
“DON'T STAY HERE!!!!!! WORST PLACE EVER!!!”
Reviewed 14 July 2012

We arrived on Friday at around 4:30. First impression was the lobby, the two chairs in the lobby were filthy and looked like they picked them up from the curb. They say on the sign newly remodeled, if you mean remodeled to look like 1989. The room smelt bad....kinda like someone smoked in it and just nasty. When it was time to go to bed the sheets were like a burlap sack and the bed was hard as a rock. We were here for a two day softball tournament so we had 10 other families here and we were trying to keep the team together. After not sleeping all night because of the bed we got up Saturday morning to rain. Lighting knocked out the power, our room did not have anything working so you couldn't get ready or go to the bathroom. We as a group decided we would go ahead and feed the kids and get somewhere with air-conditioning. We couldn't check out because they didn't have power and we were hoping by lunch they would have it back working. We returned around 3:00 to find that the electricity still wasn't back on so we decided to leave. They charged us $40.00 even though we couldn't stay there. What a rip off, who does that? All families complained and they said we didn't check out before 11:00 so they were charging us. PLEASE do not give these people your hard earned money!!!!

• Stayed July 2012
2 Thank LKD1971
neverwalkalone20, Manager at Luxury Suites, responded to this review, 25 July 2012

neil bhupat, Manager at Luxury Suites, responded to this review

July 18, 2012

This guest never once complained about anything in the room for the first night... but as soon as mother nature took its course and knocked out our power line.. all of a sudden it is our fault for you not having power and your softball tournament being cancelled completly? you make up lies about our hotel because you didnt have power... you cant blame the hotel for not having power.. we lossed all of our reservations, computer was fried, rooms not cleaned and one heck of a day and to top it off, we have to answer to a so called "grown ups" review.. please mr/mrs grow up.. and also every one of the softball families recieved a full night stay refund which was $99.24.. have no idea where you get $40.00 from... please do not take no notice of this persons review cause it all lies..

MGMT

Solo
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Reviewed 8 June 2012

We stayed here last night in a Jacuzzi suite. After we were assured that the Jacuzzi could.fit up to 3 people, we were surprised that it was so small. Both of us barely fit as being of average weight. The romance was well, squashed. This is a building that is half smoking half non-smoking. My girlfriend smokes, I don't but neither of us were comfortable with the smell. It was pretty overwhelming and nasty and.we were in the nonsmokers sections. The room was really very clean so I give major.kudos for it being a small business but keeping cleaning g standards high when others fall.by the wayside. The customer service was good. Only reason its not.getting a 5 star rating was because when we asked what there was to.do.he seemed unknowledged about the goings on. Saying there is a movie theater and that's it :/ overall I don't think I would stay here again unless it was the only.option. Bearable for a day or.two.but wouldn't.reccomend extended.stays.

• Stayed June 2012
Florida
Reviewed 16 March 2012

Last minute plans and a limited budget, I couldn't find a place to accommodate 2 adults and 3 kids until I found Luxury Suites. On the phone and in person the staff were very nice. Room was very clean except for a leaky window (windy, rainy night but had no real impact on our stay). The bed clothing passed my wife's scrutiny, to my surprise. Two each on double beds and one on the sleeper sofa worked perfectly. Had to be the quietest hotel stay I've experienced. It's a good mile from the interstate and offset from the main road. It was full on a Saturday night but our room was peaceful all night. Breakfast was minimal as reported by the kids. I didn't get out of bed until after it was over (0900) so I can't give a good report on what they had. Bathroom was very clean and had a large shower. It was like a room in itself - even with a seat. Upon checkout, I complimented the quietness of the place and the desk clerk said there was a loud group upstairs during the night. I didn't hear a thing. For $75 I consider it a bargain considering the cleanliness and comfort we experienced. I'd stay here again without hesitation.

Room Tip: I stayed in 113
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
Senatobia, Mississippi
Reviewed 1 March 2012

We stayed here overnight with children while traveling home from Daytona Beach following trip advisor's ratings/reviews. The front desk was extremely accomodating for our late check in and helpful the next morning during the Blue Angels air show The hotel was very clean with large rooms. Would definitely recommend this place for travelers who want a safe, clean place to sleep without breaking the bank and/or needing all the resort type extras. Its also convenient to fast food and interstate.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
Pensacola, Florida, United States
Reviewed 6 February 2012

The price was right, the room was clean, and everything was to my satisfaction which led to a wonderful weekednd. The manager on duty ,"neil" was also very helpful with information about the area. Great weekend, and great hotel!

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
Greenwood, South Carolina
Reviewed 2 October 2011

While many places look to cut costs by lowering there standards Bob goes above an beyond in keeping the standards,makeing sure that the service is as advertisded and that your stay is enjoyable.Everything that is advertised about this location is there and more,the staff is very friendly and willing to go the extra mile to insure you have a excellent stay.This is a 24/7 and not just with the day staff.They all take pride in there work and service,from the night clerk to the maid service,very proffesional and better than some of the service I have recieved at the high end location.Clean rooms clean common areas and honestity in the service.My son and myself staied a week while on vaction and never once was there any issues with the service or the location.I have found my home away from home when I go back to Pensacola were I was born and raised.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank David T
Huntington, Indiana
Reviewed 1 June 2011

I stayed for three days during the week prior to memorial day weekend and it was quiet the whole time (weekends might be different?). The room was very clean and had plenty of storage.
The small fridge was a nice bonus, as was the microwave. Then you also had an ironing board and iron, and a hair drier in the bathroom.
The bathroom was very clean, the rugs were clean, and the bed was comfortable as well. I had no problems at all with my stay, and would go back in a minute.
There were places to eat close by, from fast food to real dinning. It was a very convienient location.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with friends