“Nice surprise”
Review of Luxury Suites

Luxury Suites
Ranked #54 of 65 Hotels in Pensacola
Reviewed 14 November 2013

Stayed here while car shopping in Pensacola, found it to be clean, friendly and a decent place to stay. Would compare it to most average hotels, but was a good nights rest. Beds were comfortable, nice staff.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
5  Thank rdaniel911

Reviewed 22 July 2013

We stayed here two weeks ago. There was a bad smell in the room when we arrived. Not sure what it was, but got a little better once we turned the a/c cooler. It did appear to be clean, but it gave you the feeling you never wanted to take your shoes off or sit on the beds without pulling the covers back. The breakfast they offered (cereal & waffles) was way less than desirable. The waffle maker cooked the waffles so hard they weren't edible. I wasn't sure what kind of batter they were using, but the waffle tasted like cardboard, no taste what so ever. Everywhere you went in this place they had signs telling you what you couldn't do. Never seen so many signs plastered everywhere.
On a good note, the desk people were very nice.

Room Tip: Not sure what else to say.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank AlabamaWeThree3
Reviewed 14 May 2013

We came in on may 9th at 12-12:30 pm. We were able to check in then ,even tho check in time is at 3pm. We had about 20-30 ppl with us including some very rowdy kids lol but never did they complain or ask us to settle down. They left the breakfast out later for us which was nice since everyone got up at different times. The people were very nice and acomadated our needs in every way. The rooms were clean and very spacious. The only thing i noticed was that they didn't dust too well, but other than that it was worth it. If I had a complaint it would be that the elevator n halls were too hot. No AC on in halls or elevators which at times were difficult but after first night they kept doors open for circulation which kept it cool. I really cant say anything bad because they were very good to us. As for the front doors they stayed opened at all times. Never had a problem getting in once we left even if it was late when we got back. I will definitely be back. Thank you mark for all your help!!!!! I will say this , every time I called mark to change dates and times and switch things around he always made it happen. Never with an attitude!!!!!!

• Stayed: May 2013
2  Thank blessed071
Reviewed 8 May 2013

We arrived late in the afternoon to check in. Upon entry there was an unusual odor, my wife thought maybe natural gas, it did have a slight similarity to gas... It took me a few minutes, but I figured it out. It was incense. Welcome back to the age of Aquarius. We just don't seem to be familiar with these scents in 2013, maybe in 1973. Speaking of 1973, the furnishings in the "Suite" (dressers, tables, night stands, and lamps) may have been purchased back then. To say it plainly, the place is a little dated. I have to say the flat screen TV was nice. There is a mini fridge, microwave, coffee maker, ironing board and iron, along with a list of the cost to buy them. The cleanliness is passable, not immaculate by any stretch, but clean enough for a night's stay. The continental breakfast was a little different. There is a waffle maker, the batter is a little sour, not sure if it's a take on a sourdough waffle. The margarine is in a big "Country Crock" tub in the little fridge alongside the gallon of milk and gallon of Tampico. There were also slices of white bread to toast, several dry cereal selections in bulk decanters, packets of instant oatmeal, and coffee. I've had better, but I won't complain since it's complimentary. When we returned to the property at 9:55 p.m. we found a hand written note taped to the glass entrance doors saying to ring the bell to get into the hotel because the doors were locked for the night. (Seemed a little strange to me.) overall, the place is okay for an overnight stay. We may be back...

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank tedandmy
Reviewed 25 October 2012

This was our 3rd stay at the Luxury Suites in Pensacola and I enjoyed it. The rooms are clean. This is a good "middle of the road" hotel. It is not the Hyatt but it is also not Motel 6. They offer a meager cold breakfast with hot waffle iron. Tropicana, Whole milk, cereal, toast and bagels.

The rooms are standard size, actually bigger than you would think and it is near many local restaurants. Most fast-food but still plenty. This is on the main strip and their are terrible hotels across the street so park in the front and lock your car. There is no gating or parking deck, only a lot. To sum it up, the host are amiable, they take care of your needs and you sleep well.

The 3-mile bridge and main path to Pensacola beach is only 15 mins away. The actual beach is about 20 mins but nice ride. I will stay here again. He does not market prices online so when you go there are usually rooms available and they have a fair price.

Website: http://luxurysuitespensacola.net/

Roe~

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank RochelleTucker
Reviewed 23 August 2012

I have staied at this location for the last 4 or 5 years for a week when I come back home to visit for a week.The service and property are far above that of the other properties in the area,and as far as value for the money I spend it is worth every bite.While I do smoke and so does my son we always get a non smokeing room,and then enjoy a non smoked in room.While it would be nice to smoke in my room like I do at home,you need to remember that this is not your house and you cant open the window and the fresh area of opening and closeing the front or back doors is not an option,so just like at any property that allows smokeing in the rooms(not very many left) if you chose to then it will smell like it there is no way around it.So if you want a clean room with staff that remember your name and are very nice then this is the place to stay.Also there is 24 hour vidio survilance.
Give this place a try and you will be very happy for the cost that you spend and the money you save.

Room Tip: Request a non smokeing room even if you smoke and then walk to either end or at the front or back en...
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank David T
Reviewed 14 August 2012

My family and I vacationed in beautiful Pensacola Beach this summer. We decided to drive down a day earlier and would not be able to check in to our condo on Saturday. With not much luck finding anything (apparently there was several tournaments and The Blue Angels were in town) we discovered Luxury Suites. The had 2 rooms left, which is exactly what we needed. The lady at the counter ( I don't remember her name) was very nice. We found their pricing to be very decent for a 1 nights stay. Our rooms looked identical. Each with a queen bed, small sofa , desk with chair and a tv. The bed slept good and the air conditioning kept us cool during the night. There were vending machines to get drinks/snacks as this came in handy with our girls. There are several pizza places that deliver to Luxury Suites. We tried Dominoes, and it was very tasty!! I know this hotel is not a typical luxury type, but with that being said it met our expectations. It has not been upgraded to resemble "The Hilton" but you could tell there had been a few upgrades throughout. There are several chain restaurants very close to the property. We had IHOP for breakfast. It came a very bad storm after we checked out, so we were thankful we packed up the car quick after checking out. Would I stay again, yes without a doubt!!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family