“Disgusting Hotel”
Review of Luxury Suites

Luxury Suites
Ranked #52 of 65 Hotels in Pensacola
Reviewed 28 July 2014

We arrived at this hotel the person the reception was nasty looked like he need a wash. The room had roaches on the walls and towels. We immediately went to complain and said we were leaving and going to another hotel. The guy on the reception didn't seen surprised and said Ok ask your travel agent for a refund. Do not stay here.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
1  Thank Tracy T

Reviewed 24 July 2014

I will say that the room was clean as were all the linens. The bed was comfortable. The ac was cold. Now with all the good I can say out of the way, let's talk about the bad. The clerk who checked us in was previously the smoking, tattooed "loiterer" from outside. He came in behind us, blew his nose, and asked for id. Um, wash your hands much?? Didn't think so. No hand sanitizer either. I about gagged. I was made to feel as though I were a "lady of the night" with a "customer" during check-in. I was already dressed for dinner while my husband wasn't. Awkward check-in accomplished and on to the room. The keys didn't work. Took 5 minutes to track down the clerk who was back outside rummaging thru a car trunk and smoking. Into the room now, back in time, and onto the set of...an adult movie from the 80's?? What the?? There were HUGE mirrors everywhere!! The head of the bed - mirror. The foot of the bed - mirror. Ceiling - oh but yes, a mirror!! The "hot tub" was even mirrored. I thought some "adult star" was going to walk out of the bathroom or was sitting on the love seat just out of view. I started laughing because I realized it probably did appear that I'd just been picked up for hire. I imagine this is a place that would work well with that sort of thing. For all the selfie obsessed people, they could have a field day here too!! The "hot tub" was really LOUD. You couldn't talk while it was on. It wasn't large enough for 2. I had a hard time relaxing because I felt like I was being watched. I didn't sleep because I thought that huge mirror was going to fall on me during the night. The next morning's shower was bad as the drain was old and looked like I would get tetanus if I touched it, and the water was heavily chlorinated. Breakfast had old cereal, a waffle maker with no mix, syrup in a used ketchup bottle, and juice in a mini-fridge that had a sign that said "juice in here". What "luxury"....

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank pixieprogrammer
Reviewed 23 July 2014

Well let's just say first off this hotel is very outdated and not kept up very well. I was looking for a jacuzzi suite to stay at overnight for my wife to relax and soak away to her hearts content. When we arrived to check in there was no one at the front desk to greet us then the young guy that we saw outside smoking in shorts and a tank top strolls in to check us in...really? The hotel room was something like you would find in a 70's or 80's adult flick..mirrors on walls..BIG mirrors, mirrors over the "jacuzzi" and I use that term lightly..it was more like a retrofitted garden tub with what sounded like a jet engine underneath it,..oh and a mirror on the CEILING! Yep full bed view...Bow chick A Bow Wow! Now the room was clean, didn't see any bugs or left overs so we toughed it out and just laughed at what was going to be a relaxing night and wondered what breakfast was going to bring...uh not much 3 cereals that looked as old as the room, a mini fridge with a sign that said juice in here, and syrup for the waffles that was in a ketchup bottle...glad IHOP was next door..won't be staying here again but if you are a person that loves to look at yourself in the mirror..this is the place for you!

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 July 2014 via mobile

Upon arriving at this "Luxury Suite", I was instantly scared for my life. I reluctantly walked inside and found a dust-filled, outdated, and repugnant mildew odor. I was greeted, if you can call it that, by a young man dressed in street clothes. The housekeepers were sitting at a table in their "dining area" talking, eating and using the Internet. I thought they were guests because they were in sloppy, casual clothes. Later I saw them in the maid closet. I went into the room and found that it smelled of smoke and even stronger mildew. I had just driven 8 hours and reluctantly used the bathroom. To my surprise I was greeted by not one, not two, not three but four roaches. I gathered my belongings and went to another hotel. This hotel is SO much nicer and is even less expensive. There is NO luxury here. Do NOT stay here.

• Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank FloridaGirl80
Reviewed 10 July 2014

The experience was so-so, but I will still give credit for the good. We made reservations for 2 rooms in April for a 3-night stay over the July 4th holiday. Upon arrival, they only had 1 room. At first, we were not given much hope and this was disappointing after an overnight 14-hour drive and 8 people to accommodate. Once we showed proof of the confirmation, the lady at the desk quickly realized they had made an error and began working hard to take care of us. We were able to work it out and because of the adjustments we needed to make, she did not charge us the $10/night fee per room to use the pull-out sofas. She went out of her way to ensure that we were going to be comfortable. We were very appreciative of her efforts and let her know. The rooms were clean, updated, and the beds/linens were good - no bugs, broken stuff, mold, hair, or other gross things were found.

The deal-breaker. One morning, we were up very early at 4am to get to the beach by sunrise. My son walked across the floor in the breakfast/vending area and did not hear the agitated muttering from a worker in the lobby about not walking on the floor which I guess had recently been mopped - wasn't wet-looking, but I guess not completely dry. Keep in mind, he's not coherent this early in the morning and by the time he registered what she had said, he was already across the room and turned around to get out. Of course it angered her even more that he had to walk back across to get off the floor, so she yelled (yes, really yelled and not a nice yell) from across the lobby "I told you not to walk on the floor, I just mopped it!" My husband who had been observing from the sidelines stepped in at that point and had some words with her about why she would treat guests this way - she said she'll treat them however she wants. He said he would be sure to let management know - to which she responded that she didn't care what he did. As we were leaving the building, sure enough, I saw that she was still very worked up about it and was re-mopping the floor and continuing to talk to herself about people walking on her floor. There was a definite attempt on her part to make sure we knew that she was mad at us - looks, body language, etc. To clarify, I am not upset that someone yelled at my "sweet little boy" - he's 21 and I'm not about freaking out over little things that happen to my kids. BUT I don't like people being hateful and I don't like awful and unprofessional behavior - toward anyone period. I would never treat my customers that way, first of all because it's not that hard to be nice and second because I would like to stay in business. Nobody needs to fall at my feet and treat me and my family like royalty, but I certainly won't accept a nasty attitude toward customers.

I did not feel like the hotel was in a bad area like some have mentioned. We did not have the breakfast as the room was very small (seating for 6 I think) and did not look too promising. There were many hand-written notes posted around telling people to make sure you do this, don't do this, put this back, dry your feet off. Just did not feel very welcoming overall. They provide 2 towels per room regardless of how many guests the room accommodates. We asked for a couple more at the desk and were told we had to pay $10. We asked the cleaning girls about that policy and they thought it sounded odd - told us they would leave some for us, but I guess they forgot. We managed to just deal with what we had.

Anyways, while the majority of workers were pretty nice to deal with, overall I would say that it is not too difficult to find a better place to stay that is run more professionally and that makes guests feel welcomed while they stay. Unfortunately, the good work of most of the people there is overpowered by one particular employee that does not belong in this industry.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 July 2014 via mobile

My family and I stayed on the 4th of July weekend when all hotels on Pensacola Beach were completely booked. The room was very nice and clean..and believe me I am very picky. The staff was very nice. The only thing is we were slightly scolded the second night (on the 4th) we had made an attempt to visit the beach and spent 2 and half hours in traffic to make it back to the hotel and didn't make it in before they lock the front doors. They let us in but made several remarks that we had be told to take the back entrance by the pool and use our hotel room card to enter that this was a secure hotel and don't allow you to come in after 10:30pm by the front doors.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Gina T
Reviewed 9 June 2014 via mobile

I was in town for my step-daughter graduation & stayed at this hotel. Wrost hotel ever. Everything about this hotel was bad. No breakfast, no WiFi, & bugs were in the bed. This area seems to be a bad area.

• Stayed: June 2014