“Perfect!” 5 of 5 bubbles

The Wine Bar On Palafox
Ranked #40 of 659 Restaurants in Pensacola
Cuisines: American, Wine Bar, Italian, Bar, International, Pub
Good for: Romantic, Bar Scene
Dining options: Dinner, Drinks, Lunch, After-hours, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Pensacola, Florida
“Perfect!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 December 2012

My date and I came in looking for some tasty cheeses. Of course, we had to try some wine too. She had the white Conundrum, and I had a Cotes de Rhone, red. Once our wine came out we decided to shop cheese. Jessie was behind the counter and explained the three cheese plate to us. He described them in detail; obviously, this young man knows his stuff. That having been said, we were completely unprepared for the delight we found. These were some of the best cheeses I've ever had. They actually made the wine taste better. We sat in the covered alleyway between the street and the back parking lot. The brick walls and the intimate lighting give the impression of sitting on an Italian piazza. Just the best way to spend the afternoon. Courtney waited on us. She struck the perfect balance of making sure we were well taken care of, and leaving us alone to enjoy our date and each other. I usually try to give some feedback that will help improve a place, but one would be hard pressed to find an area that needs improvement.

Pensacola, FL
“FUN FUN FUN”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 December 2012

I love this bar.....it's huge and has great food you can eat at the bar. At night it turns into a nightclub and that's los to do

Visited October 2012
Chicago, Illinois
“a wine bar done right”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 October 2012

My partner and I had a late dinner there on a Saturday night when we were in town for a weekend getaway. There were maybe 10 tables all told set up along the sidewalk and back into the covered alley-type space. It was a very laid back and 'chill' experience. The menu is a sort-of tapas experience, so we ordered several small plate items: grilled jumbo shrimp over grilled polenta, the steak flatbread, and the mac n cheese. Of the three, the shrimp dish was the most artfully presented and quite tasty. The flatbread veered a bit too much toward pizza in orientation (too much cheese), but was nonetheless flavorful. The mac n cheese was piping hot, but could have used a bit more in terms of subtle flavors. We each had a salad as well that was fresh and crisp. These dishes, plus two moderately priced glasses of wine (chilled correctly at that) and 20% tip came out to around $85. I would likely return if in the area again.

Visited October 2012
Jacksonville, Florida
“Ok food, good wine, terrible service”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 September 2012 via mobile

The food was not bad - I had the small plate shrimp and polenta stack and a cup of cheddar and beer soup. It also was a decent (not great) value, and I had a pretty goo Shiraz with it. Service was friendly but unreasonably slow. Took way too long to come out, and I had my credit card out for ten minutes after getting the bill before I just gave up and went inside to pay.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
Greenbelt, Maryland
“Great wine selection”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 September 2012

Loved the flights of wine. They have a great selection. We got there too late to try the food. Heard they have a great happy hour.

Visited August 2012