“Great Hibachi and great Plum Wine”

Yamato Oriental Cuisine
Ranked #353 of 670 Restaurants in Pensacola
Cuisines: Asian, Japanese
Crestview, Florida
“Great Hibachi and great Plum Wine”
Reviewed 3 June 2014 via mobile

My wife and I frequent Yamato for our night to eat without the kids. Great service and you never feel rushed like in some other hibachi places. My wife Loves the plum wine they serve and the hibachi cooks really know how to cook with flavors.

pensacola
“Excellent food. Original Japanese owner and real japanese chefs”
Reviewed 3 June 2014

I was surprised to hear that this restaurant has been here for almost 40 years with the original owner and original chef- all Japanese. If you like the real Japanese taste, this Yamato is the only Japanese one that I know that is real Japanese. Some Japanese restaurant are own by bachi , Vietnamese, Korean, , etc. -- this is the only real Japanese. Their chefs has been there for more than 30 years, including some of the waitress-- Mamasan. I have the best sushi and hibachi dinner with six of my guest and very happy. I'm retired Navy and has been stationed in Japan for 5 years and know what is real. The Tatami room (seat in carpet floor) is like being in Tokyo. The tuna, shrimp, and oktopus are truly fresh and delicious. I love the miso soup and tuna rolls. You have to call early for reservation for the hibachi table-- we waited for awhile. Recommend more hibachi during weekend. If you like to taste the real Japanese-- Yamato is he only one I know.

• Visited May 2014
Florida
“Plum Wine...Of Course, Hibachi Too”
Reviewed 13 May 2014

This is a regular hibachi go to for me when I'm in the area. LOVE isn't a strong enough word. The food is so good. There is always plenty of it. My favorite are the Japanese "hash browns" (sprouts). I get the chicken (always), but occasionally sneak steak off the mate's plate. Did I mention they have the best plum wine of any hibachi place I've been to? I don't know what they buy and serve. It may be the cheapest stuff on the planet, but I love it!! Then comes the ice cream at the end. The chiefs are always entertaining and nice. I like that I come here, and it isn't some lame dude pretending he can do this.

Visited May 2014
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
“Pretty good food”
Reviewed 17 April 2014 via mobile

I went for the sweet and sour chicken and teriyaki steak. The food was great the fried rice was not ver flavorful. The soup was great.

Pensacola, Florida
“I'll be the first”
Reviewed 26 January 2014

We tried this place in 2012. It was very dark in the hibachi area and I kept catching things moving on the floor out of the corner of my eye. The place didn't feel very clean at all. The hibachi chef was nice and the food was decent, but I couldn't get past the dirty sketchy feeling of the place. It may have changed since then, but I won't be returning.

Visited December 2013