“Go for the bar, not the restaurant.”

Ollie's Bar & Grill
Ranked #328 of 670 Restaurants in Pensacola
Cuisines: American
Bratt, Florida
“Go for the bar, not the restaurant.”
Reviewed 19 November 2013

We drive by this place every night and hand't tried it. We walked in about 5 Friday night and stood in the lobby eight minutes before anyone showed up. (We actually walked into the dining room to seat ourselves, but knew the waitress would never find us if we sat down. So we went back out to the lobby to wait.) There were two tables with patrons, but the bar was full and it sounded like they were having a good time.

Our drinks took awhile to show up, but came with popcorn that had a great hot seasoning on them, which was a nice surprise. My husband ordered the special printed on the board, but the waitress came back from the kitchen and said that was the lunch special so he couldn't have it. (In my world, if it's posted, the customer gets it...and then it gets erased.)

We were told to try the Redneck Sushi...pepperoni and cheese rolled in a tortilla and fried past recognition. It was pretty good, if really greasy. Then I had the chicken parmesan and my husband ordered the fish. I did like that mine was offered in a lunch size.

My chicken was nearly impossible to find inside to over-cooked breading. My husband's fish had the opposite problem of being a bit soggy. The kettle chips and coleslaw were good.
The prices were ok, but since we recently found a fabulous Italian place just a few doors west, we'll skip Ollie's when we're in the neighborhood.

• Visited November 2013

Tampa, Florida
“Great Food”
Reviewed 8 September 2013

Not just another sports bar. Although they had the games on, and most everyone left after the games were over on Sunday, the food was really great. My wife had shrimp that was cook just right and well seasoned a little hot and spicy. I had a slider, which is like a sub only better. They have a full service bar, and a 22 oz draft is not a problem. The service was very good. Would definitely eat there again if in Pensacola, Fl

• Visited September 2013
“Eh, it will do”
Reviewed 2 September 2013 via mobile

Atmosphere was okay. Not a lot to choose from when you a low calorie dinner. Most of their salads are iceberg lettuce based (no nutrients).
It's probably geared more for men.

• Visited September 2013
Pensacola, Florida
“Decent Bar Type Food”
Reviewed 17 August 2013

Tried Ollies on Nine Mile today for the first time, and it was decent food. The burgers are hand made with a light char. Very nice. (I wish people would do away with those too bready kaiser rolls and match appropriate bread to their sandwiches.) Since they have chicken parm with Alfredo pasta I asked if they could do a chicken parm sandwich, which they had no problem doing. It was tasty enough to be on the regular menu. The wings were good; nothing amazing but freshly cooked and good. The service was good, people were friendly. The only problem I had was that there's a funky smell of dirty mop or old bar towels going on in there that they need to do something about. Otherwise I was pretty satisfied.

• Visited August 2013
Tulsa, Oklahoma
“Nice relaxing bar”
Reviewed 26 June 2013

We stopped in here for a bite to eat one afternoon while visiting Pensacola. Decent beer selection. The bar staff was super friendly and helpful. We enjoyed visiting with them and some locals who were at the bar.

For lunch, we both tried a Crawfish Po Boy - mine fried and his sauteed/blackened. Both were delicious and were served with home made potato chips. Other items on the menu looked good. Would definitely stop back in if we are in Pensacola again.

• Visited June 2013