“Why settle for a good dive when you can have a GREAT dive?”

Niuhi Dive Charters
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Why settle for a good dive when you can have a GREAT dive?”
Reviewed 27 May 2014

Their attentiveness to details and their responsiveness to every divers' needs made this dive the highlight of our holiday weekend. Form the brief detour to play with the dolphins to the fresh sashimi after a successful day of lion fish spear hunting, these two obviously love what they do. We would definitely come back and dive with Captain Andy and DM Barry.

Visited May 2014

Memphis
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 32 helpful votes
“Great job Captain Andy”
Reviewed 19 December 2013 via mobile

Good times diving with Captain Andy and his DM Taylor. What a great trip, nice clean boat for small group 4-6 divers i'd call to make sure depending on your dive setups.

Visited December 2013
1 Thank JohnStinger
Memphis, Tennessee, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“This is why I Dive”
Reviewed 10 November 2012

Being a diver in western Tennessee; with the exception of a few lakes and quaries there isn't that much to see. There are not many places to go to see all the things I signed up for diving for.
I certified in 2011 so I am a new diver, just messing around one day I went to my local dive shop (LDS) and got to talking about a wedding i had to go to in Pensacola, FL. They informed me that Pensacola, FL is a great place to dive, and referred me to a Pesacola LDS. The dive shop informed me that they are no longer booking charters in November. So they referred me to someone else... you know how this goes ( getting passed around.) Anyways I did my research, and found Niuhi Dive charters on facebook,
Niuhi was giving away a free dive trip to a contest winner. I applied and was later notified of my winning the contest. Well with this in mind and the wedding only a couple weeks away. I booked my first ocean dive with Captain Andy Ross with Niuhi Dive Charters.
If you made it this far into this review then let me just get to the meat and potatoes. This was an AWESOME experience!!! Sure I may have been "star struck" at the deep blue sea; but you can't beat the hard and dedicated work of a small business.
Capt. Andy went over all the safety things first thing in the morning, and the point was made and not drawn out. Once it was evident that everyone understood and the DM's got our equipment loaded we were off to sea. While en-route a Dive Master (DM) advised us of the history of the dives. Capt. Andy provided drinks and snacks, and got us to our dive location.
Once we got suited up for the dive I took a giant stride off of the back of the boat, and so did my fin []---> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5vOSBC2ZMI <---[] (you cant make this stuff up it's on video) No worries said the captain, as he provided me an extra fin, and advised me he has extra everything. One of the boat DM's located my fin and brought it back to me in the most unique way ( you will know if you copy and paste the link above from you tube.) Anyways after an amazing dive, and a shark sighting it was surface interval time, and lunch time. Capt. Andy cut up a pineapple (enough to go around a couple times) and some chips and drinks. We proceeded to the next dive, saw another shark, and a bunch of fish. I would get more in depth about how great the dives were but I saw sharks it doesnt get much better then that.
Once the day was complete, we took some group photos, talked diving, and went back to shore. The DM's unloaded us and we bought Niuhi shirts, very nice looking and great to support small business.
The next day was the Oriskany dive, and Capt. Andy was my dive buddy. This dive was amazing and Capt. Andy gave me the grand tour of the Oriskany. I would have never found half the cool things on this GIANT ship if it wasn't for his knowledge of the dive. The Oriskany itself is worth learning to dive, My first thought while descending onto this massive artifical reef was "This is why I Dive! "
In closing. I went to Pensacola, FL. blindly with no dive buddy, and noone to tell me anything about Niuhi or Capt. Andy. I rely heavily on Trip advisor.com for information, and I am proud to be the first to review, and give Capt. Andy and Niuhi Charters an Excellent rating, If you are ever diving in Pensacola look Niuhi up.

Visited November 2012