“Worth checking out”

Cuisines: Mexican
Panama City, Florida
“Worth checking out”
Reviewed 22 September 2013 via mobile

We ran across Rio Bravo while passing through a few months ago, and liked the food! During another trip to Pensacola, we purposely went back. Both visits, the food was good, but the Service wasn't great either visit. Seems the Tv's distract the wait staff a little. I'd recommend it and will return despite distracted service!

Visited September 2013

Pensacola, Florida
“Good Northside Stop”
Reviewed 6 August 2013

Living on the north side of Pensacola eateries are kind of on the low side. Plenty of them in the area, just nothing much to write about!
Rio Bravo is the exception.
It isn't fancy, it isn't a "destination", but it is clean and it is good food.
They also have the cheapest beer in the city.
Seriously, You can't buy amber Dos XX in the grocery for what they sell it for!
Two 32 oz, mugs for $5.50!
My husband and I got a single order, one for each of us, and we couldn't finish them.
But we had fun trying!
Now to the food.
I usually order the Mexican shrimp cocktail. Lots of fresh vegetables, including avocado, a nice amount of heat, but not overpowering. ( I will insert here that we came here from Tucson so we are used to heat and good Mexican food.) and fresh cilantro plus, more shrimp than I can eat.
It's kind of like a Mexican version of gazpacho with shrimp.
Really, really good, and if you are watching carbs, it's perfect!
My husband has tried several of their entrees and has never been disappointed.
Everything is very fresh and well prepared.
They have outdoor seating, but I have to say that being surrounded by concrete makes it very uncomfortable out there in the summer. I imagine it is very nice on a cooler day though.
Yes, the main dinning room is warm but if you go through to the farther dinning room it is much more comfortable.
Our server was very friendly and very attentive.
This is a great place for a good priced meal, well prepared, and it's close to home!

• Visited August 2013
Mobile, Alabama
“Best margaritas in town”
Reviewed 3 July 2013

The food is pretty good & their prices are fair. The margaritas are 2 for 1 (or $1 on Tues) and taste good and they don't short you on the tequila. Outdoor seating is nice. Can accommodate large groups. Good location.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank trailblr
Pensacola, Florida
“Not authentic”
Reviewed 21 April 2013

Stopped here in my quest to find decent Mexican food in Pensacola. It was disappointing. It's fairly clean, and the salsa was pretty good (spicy), but the mole sauce is out of a jar. Horrible. It was absolutely bland and not restaurant quality.

Visited December 2012
Bristol, Tennessee, United States
“Did not meet expectations”
Reviewed 16 April 2013

After reading the reviews, I was looking forward to trying this place on a recent visit to Pensacola. Unfortunately it did not meet my expectations. It does not serve Horchata, does not serve Pepsi products, does not serve Mellow Yellow even though it has Coke products, the salsa is spicy, the chips generic, the portions generous but nothing special taste wise.
The waiter did not mention the night's special was on margaritas, I saw it in the menu after I had ordered Sprite. I left the place thinking If I lived in the area I might be back, but not after trying the other Mexican restaurants the area has to offer.

• Visited April 2013