“Fun hibachi grill, not so good sushi”

Tokyo Japanese Steakhouse
Ranked #314 of 668 Restaurants in Pensacola
Price range: US$10 - US$20
Cuisines: Japanese, Sushi, Asian
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: we serve japanese tradition food. sushi. and Hibachi .
Pensacola, Florida
“Fun hibachi grill, not so good sushi”
Reviewed 2 June 2014

The steak is tender, the rice tasty and the veggies cooked perfectly, all in front of you with great flair. The soup however, is nothing but clear broth with one lonely mushroom slice floating around. The salad dressing selection is limited to ginger or honey mustard. The sushi was just okay. For four of us the bill was $100. The portions are generous, but food is cooked in stages so you have to wait to get your entire plate filled.

Visited May 2014

“Consistently great!”
Reviewed 25 April 2014

I am a well-traveled local, and have dined from Europe to South America. While I have never been to Asia, I know good food when I eat it. Tokyo has consistently served GREAT food, well executed and at a reasonable price. Definitely worth the experience!

• Visited April 2014
Cleveland, Ohio
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Poor waitstaff attitude”
Reviewed 21 January 2014

I assumed that this would be a great steakhouse to go to based on some of the reviews. Unfortunately, I overhead a waitress (shorter - maybe a little over 5 foot tall) complaining about how rude and terrible customers were if they didn't at least tip 25%. While I do not condone the absense of tipping, I think it's highly unprofessional to expect a tip amount that is not earned. I would expect the management to sit down with the waitstaff and explain this type of reaction and expectation is beyond unprofessional - especially for an upscale establishment. Other than the poor server's attitude, the food was good. Unfortunately, the experience was ruined by the negative attitude of our server.

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank Katja H
wellington, fl
“worst tempura we've ever had”
Reviewed 28 September 2013

Guess I should have read these reviews a little closer. This may be a wonderful tapenyaki or sushi restaurant; but, the tempura was horrible...wet batter still on the veg & shrimp...and, the batter was very heavy...when I looked at the guys in the kitchen portion of the restaurant as we were leaving, they had this "deer in the headlights" look.

Several of the tapenyaki tables were going by the time we left and were packed with people, so maybe this food is well done...but ours wasn't and there's no way I could recommend this place

Visited September 2013
Virginia Beach, Virginia
“No longer Tokyo now it's Kyoto!”
Reviewed 5 August 2013

This was by far the best Japanese steakhouse I've ever eaten at. Kyoto is our favorite back home in Virginia beach, but this location exceeded our experiences back home. Our Chef was top notch! The food was FANTASTIC! The staff was attentive and amazing. Outstanding!

Visited August 2013