“Birthday Dinner”

Jackson's Steakhouse
Reserve with OpenTable
Jackson's Steakhouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #8 of 706 Restaurants in Pensacola
Price range: US$25 - US$60
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Local cuisine, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Classic sophistication meets style and chic at Jackson’s Steakhouse, where the decadence doesn’t stop at the front door. Indulge your friends, family, and clients in an incredible experience of culinary excellence. Located in the historic downtown district directly on Ferdinand Plaza, Jackson’s remains one of the most desirable dining destinations in Pensacola.
Reviewed 16 August 2017

I was with a small group of friends last night celebrating my birthday. It was a great time! First off, our server, Scotty, was like a walking encyclopedia of the menu, where items were from, raised, and was very good too!
I had the prime delmonico last night and it was fantastic, i could make a meal with the mushroom and onions too! Had a Grand Marnier souffle for dessert, (third time I have had it there), and it was as great as usual!

Reviewed 10 August 2017

We were in Pensacola for David's birthday, and I wanted the evening to be special, so I made reservations at the "fanciest" place in town. Looking over the menu and reading some reviews, I was excited. My expectations were high and I was expecting first class everything.

We arrived about 20 minutes before our 7:30 reservation and were seated right away. I was immediately struck by how dark the dining room was, but I didn't think much of it as we looked over the menu. David and I already had a pretty basic idea of what we wanted and after a bit of a wait, the waiter finally came over and took our drink and food order.

For my "starter" I got the French Onion Soup. Their version was excellent- nice and cheesy and the broth had a lot of flavor. David got a Caesar salad that was HUGE- it almost could have been a full meal. For our entree, we each got the filet topped with fried green tomatoes, crab meat and a side of mac and cheese. The steak was juicy and cooked to perfection. The tomatoes and crab meat was a nice touch and the mac and cheese was tasty. Was it the best steak I've ever had? No, but I enjoyed it and really didn't have any complaints. For dessert, David and I split the bread pudding, topped with ice cream, and the waiter was kind enough to put a candle in it for his birthday- that was a nice touch. The bread pudding was delicious and I would recommend this dessert without hesitation.

Now, onto a few issues. Service was slow- it seemed to take a while for our waiter to come and take our order and, at the end of the meal, it took forever to get our check. It probably took 15 minutes after we had already finished our dessert to get the check, when I feel it should have been dropped off with our dessert (or at least ask us if we are ready for the check, shortly after dessert is served). Despite what Yelp says, the dress code is not dressy at all. The website says the dress code is "Florida casual", which I took to mean a nice dress for ladies and a short sleeved shirt and slacks for men. David and I dressed to the nines, because of the occasion, but the men at the table across from us wore raggedy t shirts, cargo shorts and flip flops. I'm not a snob, but when I'm eating dinner at the nicest place in town, I don't want to look over and see some dude's feet. I guess that's just me.

Since I'm from New Orleans, I think I'm judging Jackson's by New Orleans standards of fine dining. I get that this is a tourist destination and they aren't going to just turn people away at dinner, hence the 4 stars.

The food was great and well worth having dinner here, I just wish service has been better and the dress code was different.

3  Thank Marielle S
Reviewed 9 August 2017 via mobile

I tried the 2 for $20 deal. Two wines and an app. The only wines were the cab or chard house so I tried the cab first. Only drank 1/2 and tried the chard; only a sip or two of it. They just weren't good to me. The bartender seemed less attendant because I was alone and having a special. The app I tried was the oyster bacon and the first bite was delicious but after that way too rich. I feel sick and $25 poorer.

1  Thank AtlantaTraveler2010
Reviewed 8 August 2017 via mobile

I have enjoyed dinner at Jacksons many times but this was my first brunch experience. There were four of us. Everyone ordered something different.... Seafood Omelet, Mediterranean Light Omelet, and Prime Rib Benedict (prime rib a little over-cooked) But overall food was delicious.
Our server was exceptional. She was very attentive. She even went as far as getting the regular dinner drink menu for us. On that note, I suggest the Elysian Flip and the Bayfront Bellini.
Jacksons is now on our Pensacola Brunch List.

Reviewed 8 August 2017 via mobile

Got what we paid for and more - server was incredibly informative and helpful, quick and efficient. Wish I remembered his name so I could give a shout out! Food was just spectacular. We got an appetizer, steaks, and dessert. Lovely atmosphere. Will definitely be back for another nice romantic dinner!!