“If you want great seafood, go here.”

Chet's Catering & Seafood
Ranked #101 of 679 Restaurants in Pensacola
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Reviewed 23 February 2014

We were driving west and saw this little place with a lot of cars in front so we stopped for lunch. Boy, we were sure glad we did. It's the place where the locals go. Only a small amount of tables but you go to eat not hang out. My husband had the shrimp sandwich. The shrimp were lightly crumb breaded and fried. Delicious, as were my shrimp lunch that came with 2 sides and 2 hush puppies. If we weren't looking for a place to eat lunch we would of driven right past it. A must try cafe!

Reviewed 31 January 2014

Went with family and I had a Hamburger and coleslaw and it was so good and I had a Sweet tea the service was great and the food was awesome and the banana pudding was a little runny but other than that the food was great!

Visited 1/31/2014

Reviewed 1 October 2013 via mobile

Actually, I'd say more like my grandfather's kind of place. Very small, just average little tables with no real charm to speak of except its simplicity. The place gets crowded with old people early, and stays that way. It feels like old Florida the way it was in the 60's if I'd been here then. Lots of fried seafood, this is not a vegan's or gluten free haven. I had the fried marinated mullet, which I'd never eaten only cut up for bait, and fried shrimp. Both were excellent - hot, not saturated in grease, with a crispy but not overly huge breading with a good bit of corn meal. About 100 times better than your usual fast-food fish fry. Definitely worth the effort.

Reviewed 3 September 2013

If you're ever in Pensacola, Florida, you have to eat at Chet's. The seafood is fresh and all the side dishes like the coleslaw and cheese grits are delicious. They have a secondary location in Pace, Florida and it's just as great. When I'm in the area, I make sure to visit at least twice!

Reviewed 20 July 2013

This place has some of the freshest seafood I've had in town. The cornmeal dusting on the mullet is perfect, the hush puppies are yummy and the cole slaw topped it off. The crab claws were also excellent. It's nothing fancy but sometimes you just want what you know. This place does it right and has been for a long time. Great traditional local seafood.