“Authentically Delicious”
Review of The East Hill Yard - CLOSED

The East Hill Yard
Cuisines: Chilean
Reviewed 10 April 2013

I love the authentic food of the Y@rd. I had a fish taco (mahi used) and a pork tamale. The cream of squash soup was very tasty and perfect for the chill in the air at night. I like that everything is a la carte so I can mix and match whatever I want to eat. They have a nice, eclectic bottled beer selection and my Kona ale was a perfect match for my meal. Mmmm, enjoy!

Reviewed 23 February 2013 via mobile

The Yard, as it is more commonly called, is a great addition to the Pensacola restaurant scene. It is located in the East Hill neighborhood at the edge of the historic Sacred Heart Hospital, the original not the one by the mall. The set up is what is really great. Unlike a traditional restaurant this is self-serve, kind of. You walk into the beverage area, for lack of a better word, and pick what bottle of wine or what beer you would like. Best part, no corking fee. I chose an organic IPA. The beer selection was great. You then order your food and pay for your meal and drink up front before walking out into "the yard" to find a seat. Your name is called out when your food is ready and you pick it up at the window inside. Sometimes they will run it out to you, if they are not busy. There was great local music playing when we went. Another bonus was the yard was fenced in and very kid friendly. We have a three year old, so this is important. The food was great. We ordered two fish tacos, which were fantastic; a pork tamale, which was good, but I've never had another one to compare it too; and a hotdog for my daughter. The hotdog was large and grilled and I took a bite because it looked so good. And it was. All told, a family of three with two beers: $20. The beer was discounted that night. But still, fantastic place. Will be a regular.

1  Thank Nic S