“www.EastHillYard.com”

Cuisines: Chilean
Pensacola, Florida
“www.EastHillYard.com”
Reviewed 12 December 2013

Wew! The Yard does some fantastic regular specials throughout the week.
Mondays: 1/2 off authentic home made Chilean style Tamales
Tuesdays: BingTaco! A chance to win tickets to upcoming Vinyl shows along with a killer food special: Two gourmet tacos and a craft beer of choice for $8.95
Wednesdays: Paleo Menu. Gourmet meats served with a sweet potato and mixed veggie option.
Thursdays: Radio Free Pensacola broadcast live at The Yard.

Check out the website and come hang out right away!

• Visited December 2013
2 Thank J_Flo2013

Destin, Florida
“Disorganized with overpriced, bad food”
Reviewed 13 July 2013

First things first: this place was an absolute madhouse when we walked in the door, and every customer seemed to be very aggravated. Apparently a lot of them had been waiting a long time for their food--well over 45 minutes, according to one older couple who was ready to walk out. We asked the only employee we saw how long the wait was. Sweating and flustered, he said it was self-serve. I clarified by asking how long is the wait on food was, and he replied, very curtly, "Well, what do you want?" We said we didn't know because we haven't seen any menus, and he immediately said we had to order in the back room. Then he just ran off. The only reason we stayed is because my girlfriend's sister said we should check the place out. We later found out that it was because she thought the place looked cool, she hadn't actually eaten there. Waiting in line to buy two beers, a chicken sandwich and beef tamale took 17 minutes. It took another 52 minutes to get our food and the tamale made me upset to my stomach. My girlfriend didn't even finish her chicken sandwich. If you happen to be in the neighborhood, do yourself a favor and walk right past The Yard to O'Zone, which is in the same building and has amazing food and quick, friendly service.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank Michael P
Pensacola, Florida
“Electic, Cute and Ok.”
Reviewed 23 June 2013 via mobile

Very eclectic, cool atmosphere. Love the "yard". It's a semi- self serve restaurant. They have a wide variety of wines, beer and non-alcoholic beverages. Place your order, pick your spot and grab your food when your name was called.

I have to preface this by stating that i love to cook! We ordered guacamole - it was ok. It could have been more flavorful and salted. I had the chicken and beef tamales. They were good, nothing to die for. A half portion pf the tamale was served. I've actually had better "whole" tamales that everyone "dies for". My husband ordered the pork tamale, which was very good. The fish taco was good as well.

I would come back for lunch, but not for dinner.

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank PlaneFlyGirl
“Oh Yes!!!”
Reviewed 31 May 2013

What a treat! We went for a quick bite, ended up with a bottle of wine and had a blast. The outdoor seating is awesome and so is the service. I had tacos (bacon, avocado and cheese- how can you go wrong?!?!) and my husband had the tamales which he said were to die for. The prices are so reasonable and this place is just a lot of fun. I feel so lucky to have a place like this 10 minutes from my house!!!

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank Wanderlust3483
Gulf Breeze, Florida
“Authentically Delicious”
Reviewed 10 April 2013

I love the authentic food of the Y@rd. I had a fish taco (mahi used) and a pork tamale. The cream of squash soup was very tasty and perfect for the chill in the air at night. I like that everything is a la carte so I can mix and match whatever I want to eat. They have a nice, eclectic bottled beer selection and my Kona ale was a perfect match for my meal. Mmmm, enjoy!

• Visited April 2013