“Absolutely Perfect” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #6 of 63 Hotels in Pensacola
WashingtonDC
“Absolutely Perfect”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 December 2013

I traveled during xmas with my family. We go there every few years and this was the best stay I've ever had while visiting Pensacola. We stayed in a suite and never once heard any airplanes. The rooms don't transfer sound like some hotels with separate rooms so we could comfortably watch 2 tv's in separate spaces at the same time. We had our 6 year old child with us who could walk around without worrying about tripping over our things and the pull out bed was very comfortable for him. He slept without any problems each of the 3 nights that we were there. Great customer service that was consistent. Loved it, loved it and will be booking again.

• Stayed December 2013
1 Thank Travelerfor
Adam E, General Manager at Hyatt Place Pensacola Airport, responded to this review, 10 January 2014
Hello Travelerfor,

We are so happy you were able to say with us over the Christmas break. Your compliments and kind words about our hotel are well received especially coming from an experienced Pensacola bound Holiday traveler.

We are lucky to be so close to the airport and not hear planes in the building. Glad to hear you and your family enjoyed our suite with no opposing noise.

We look forward to your return!

(850) 483-5599 ext. 5501

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
London
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 December 2013 via mobile

Great hotel. Modern, well run, clean, funky rooms and bathrooms reasonably priced, good breakfasts... What's not to like!

I stayed there early December on a cross country road trip by motorcycle and this was my favourite stay beyond doubt.

Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank picturetag1
Adam E, General Manager at Hyatt Place Pensacola Airport, responded to this review, 9 January 2014
Hello picturetag1,

Thank you very much for choosing to stay with us in early December after your cross country road trip by motorcycle. We are happy to hear you had a great time with us, and that you especially enjoyed the modern and funky rooms. Come back and visit us soon.

Peachtree City, Georgia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 December 2013

Friendly, helpful staff at check in. Rooms are fairly nice and well kept. Quiet. Small bar/food service area. Complimentary continental breakfast (which included some hot items) was very nice. Great location for business, or if you need to be close to the airport.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank sshubeli
Hello sshubeli!

Thank you very much for your recent review on the Hyatt Place Pensacola Airport. We are happy to hear you enjoyed our rooms, Gallery 24/7 menu, bar, complimentary AM Skillet Breakfast, and location. We would love to have you back as our guest anytime. Take Care.

Jacksonville Beach, Florida
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 December 2013

he first impression of the hotel was great looking and the staff (Asian girl checked us in) was friendly and very professional when we checked in. The place felt relaxing even though it was located next to the airport. When we walked into the first room the wall/carpet was soaked from a leak in room 510. I would not trust even if they did a full clean up mold and mildew are bound to happen in Florida. There was already a rust stain so it been there for a while. Oh be sure to request a room without an adjoining door too.

The bad: The next morning around 8:40 a woman opened the door and realized that the room was occupied. There was no knock saying it was housekeeping, then an immediate slam of the door. The safety latched worked well. She took off into the next room and slammed the door, pretty obvious. I waited by the door to see it was housekeeping. Just a girl in a pink hoodie, could someone trying to break into random rooms. I call the front desk in shock and was told “they start housekeeping at 8am.” My response “don’t they knock? Or have some check list to see which people have checked out.” She says “oh no we don’t do that here. They are suppose to knock” Also they don’t know who is wearing a pink hoodie too. So I assume someone has master key to get into any room. So take your belongings with you. A device can be made to access any room for $50
Checkout at 9am, wasn’t planning on checking out and was hoping to stay another in Pensacola to search for a right home.

As we go to the desk I was livid, manager was there. I took it as an insult “will a free coffee or soda make it better” in my mind how is that going to make it better when the breakfast is already complementary. I’m stress and angry from being shook up. Josh offered to see if next time to make it up. I cannot trust a place with an untrained staff, other than the people who checked us in on 11/14/13 afternoon and maintenance too.

I am someone who works with technology every day. Their POS is a new state of the art system for new hotels. Give your housekeeper ipads to know when a guest checks out in real time or just print a simple layout of each floor to double check to see who has left a room. You can’t please everyone, is a stupid old saying. It is basic communication and hospitality among your staff.

Maybe your stay will be better after this.

• Stayed December 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank craigwenban
Adam E, General Manager at Hyatt Place Pensacola Airport, responded to this review, 9 December 2013
Dear Craigwenban,

I am terribly sorry to hear about the issues you experienced during your stay the Hyatt Place Pensacola Airport. I want to personally apologize for the experience and level of service you received, I take pride in this hotel and I am truly mortified when any of our guests leave less than 100% satisfied with our property. Please contact me at your convenience to discuss what I can do to make this situation right for you.

General Manger
Hyatt Place Pensacola Airport
850 483 5599
adam.emling@hyatt.com
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 November 2013 via mobile

So so nice!!! The towels and sheets were so soft we didn't want to leave. Continental breakfast was the best I've ever had with artisan type open face sandwiches. TV didn't work well, but I'm sure they would have fixed it if we'd called. Would highly recommend this place.

Stayed November 2013
1 Thank Christine P
Adam E, General Manager at Hyatt Place Pensacola Airport, responded to this review, 5 December 2013
Hello Christine P!

Thank you very much for you recent review on your stay here at the Hyatt Place Pensacola Airport! We appreciate your feedback as it only helps us get better.

I am very happy to hear that you enjoyed our AM Skillet Breakfast. The sandwiches we have make the breakfast such a great experience and I am glad you enjoyed them.
I apologize that you TV did not function properly. We absolutely would have fixed it in a snap for you.

Thank you very much for the recommendation and we look forward to having you stay with us again soon!

McLean, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 November 2013

I rarely rave about a hotel, ok maybe the Ritz Carlton in Sarasota. This hotel is seven months old and located across the street from PNS (Pensacola Airport). The building is beautiful inside and out the room are very spacious and extremely modern and yet not sterile, it is almost like being in the 22nd Century. Hyatt's Place nailed it and will become a very popular destination across the US and also raised the standard. I dislike the phone (wireless) not being close to the bed. The staff was fairly courteous even the lady who took me to the airport at 5:00 am. Food is fairly good and not too pricey for a hotel and yet limited.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Marc O
Hello marcoremiatzky!

Thank you very much for your review on your recent stay with us here at the Hyatt Place Pensacola Airport Hotel. We appreciate any and all feedback as it only helps us to improve what we do.

I am happy to hear that you enjoyed you stay with us, and I especially liked how you said our hotel has a “22nd Century” feel. That is pretty cool!

We appreciate having you as our guest and hope you can come back to stay with us many times in the future. Keep traveling and having fun.

Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 November 2013

i wish i could give this hotel more stars.
Honestly the best hotel i have stayed at. I was in Pensacola about a month ago visiting my boyfriend thats in the navy, we stayed at this hotel since it was the closest to the airport. Literally 3 minute walk from the terminal doors. The service was great, the rooms were lovely. The hosts were beyond sweet I just completely fell in love with their amazing service. One of them, Maika I think, even helped us find my boyfriend's lost credit card we had left at red robins. Had the shuttle take us to pick it up right away. They even remembered our names and greeted us every time we passed by!
Thank you! we will DEFINITELY make this our go-to hotel in pensacola.
I've already left reviews on yelp and Facebook thats how in love i am with this place haha.

p.s. The giant chocolate chunk warm cookies were so damn delicious.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank jasmin p
Adam E, General Manager at Hyatt Place Pensacola Airport, responded to this review, 20 November 2013
Hello jasmin p,

Thank you very much for your stellar review of the Hyatt Place Pensacola Airport. We wish there were more stars available, too!

I am glad that you got to recently stay with us while your boyfriend serves our country in the Navy. We thank you guys for his service.

I am happy to hear that you had wonderful experiences here at the Hyatt Place. Thank you for giving a shout out to Maika, too. She works hard to ensure all of our guests get quality service.

Next time you visit your boyfriend make sure to stay with us here at the Hyatt Place. You know we will treat you right.

Safe Travels,