“Great hotel”

SpringHill Suites Pensacola
Ranked #8 of 63 Hotels in Pensacola
“Great hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 January 2014 via mobile

This is a nice hotel and quite modern. Very clean and comfortable for a family of 5. Staff was pleasant. Most food deliveries end by 9pm in the area except a Dominos Pizza nearby that delivers late. The closets are one of the biggest we've seen in a hotel room which was quite convenient.

Stayed January 2014
Becky D, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Pensacola, responded to this review, 7 January 2014
Dear Avanze1,

Thank you so much for choosing us while in Pensacola and filling this out!
I am happy to hear that a family of 5 fits comfortably in our rooms and the large closets was an added convenience.

Thanks again, and we look forward to your next stay with us soon!

becky.decesare@marriott.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 January 2014

It's new, everything works, the bed was great, the location for business people and through travelers is perfect, the staff was professional and courteous. The decor and furnishings are snazzy and comfortable and the rooms/suites are well-designed for comfort and efficiency. What can I say other than give this place a try and I'm sure you'll be pleased.

Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear FlyingHome,

Thank you so very much for taking the time to write about us! I am so happy to hear you found our hotel great from the bed to the location! I agree, the decor is snazzy but still comfortable!
I will be sure to let the staff know you found them professional and curteous and that you please with us!

Thanks again and we hope to see you again soon!

Long Beach, Mississippi
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 January 2014

Excellent breakfast along with super service, especially from the night staff (Here's looking at you Joanne!) We stayed here the day on Christmas eve and then again 5 days later, both times every aspect of the stay was wonderful. The gym is open 24 hours and the constant availability of hot tea and coffee is a nice bonus. Rooms are modern and functional, with decent size bathrooms. The location is great for shopping and jumping on and off I-10. Absolutely nothing to complain about.

Room Tip: Ask for one away from the elevators in case a large group is staying in the hotel.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Dear, MichaelJC,
Thank you so much for staying with us twice over the holiday period! I am so happy you found our hot new breakfast excellent, and our evening staff exceptional!
Our large gym is is open 24 hours as well as the tea and coffee!
Thanks again for staying with us and for letting us know how your stay was! We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Brooklyn, New York
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 December 2013

A representative of this hotel knocked on my door and told me there was a smoke smell coming from my room. I opened the door, offered to let him look and told him there was no smoking going on. He said they would charge me a $250 fee. When I called the general manager, she told me that the rooms circulation systems are tied together and the smell of smoke travels from floor to floor. I asked if that means the smoke smell might have come from another room. She was quiet for a second and then reiterated that she would be charging me anyway. I'm right now in the room, haven't checked out yet, and asked her to come in the room to check. She said the smell could have dissipated and she might not smell it. So I asked what the fee then covers if there's no smell. She said its a fine and that there may be traces of smoke that the staff would need to clean. Absolutely ridiculous. I'm best man at a wedding today and am stuck in a hotel that is wrongfully charging me $250. Called the credit card company and the charge will be in dispute.

• Stayed December 2013
6 Thank Paperlionz
Becky D, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Pensacola, responded to this review, 2 January 2014
Mr.Paperlionz,

I want to thank you for communicating your dissatisfactions and concerns about the Marriott Smoke-free Hotel Policy.

The charge was given the day before we talked from our Assistant General Manager who went to your room and notified you in person, after two other associates had reported the smell. Marriott is a smoke-free hotel chain. To learn more about this policy, please visit www.marriott.com/marriott/smokefree.mi

I thank you for staying with us and hope you will give us another try if you are ever in the Pensacola area.

texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 December 2013

Great!!! Coffee at all times in lobby great hot breakfast!!!
Washing facilities on second floor.
2 dollars per wash and per dry
Perfect stop to and from traveling with two kids 5 and under. I pricelined choosing university area I got it around 50 both times (to disney and from) travel date after Christmas

• Stayed December 2013
1 Thank texas2009
Dear Texas2009!

Thank you so much for the kind words! Having coffee out all the time is great and I am glad you enjoyed our hot new breakfast!

I agree our rooms are great when traveling with children and glad you found the guest laundry room as a bonus!

Thank you for choosing us while you traveled to and from Disney! We are glad you stayed with us and hope to see you again soon!

Charlotte, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 December 2013

Great new modern location that is close to the highway, mall and restaurants. Staff is wonderful and very accommodating...especially since I apparently booked a king but needed a double bed with handicap accessibility

Room Tip: New hotel so all rooms are great!
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Becky D, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Pensacola, responded to this review, 26 December 2013
Dear Erob3,

Thank you for choosing the SpringHill Suites by Marriott Pensacola and providing us such wonderful feedback!

I am pleased you found your stay with us excellent, an accomodating staff and close to the highway!

I do hope to see you again in the future!

Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 December 2013 via mobile

Stayed here on our drive from San Antonio to Disney with my husband, two small kids and my mom. Enough space for all of us to not feel cramped. Great walk-in closet which also served as a changing room, nice sized bathroom too. Very modern, clean and spacious. We had a small living room area which is great for the kids to stretch out for a bit after the drive and it had a fridge and a microwave. We used the washing machines since my 3yr old had an accident on the way and they were clean and easy to use. The gentleman at the front desk was very nice and welcoming as well. Breakfast was good for us since it included fresh fruit for the kids, milk, good coffee not weak at all, biscuits and gravy, eggs, cereals and pastries.

My only recommendation is to add a changing table in the lobby bathroom. My 1 year old needed a diaper change after we checked out and we had to change her in the car.

Overall, it was a great experience and I would definitely stay here again.

Stayed December 2013
Becky D, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Pensacola, responded to this review, 20 December 2013
Dear Spr95fs8,

Thank you for choosing the SpringHill Suites by Marriott Pensacola for your pit stop to Disney World! I am learning Pensacola is good mid-way point, so this is exciting!

I'm so glad you enjoyed our spacious rooms and bathrooms, found the staff welcoming and enjoyed our great Hot New Breakfast!

I have a small child in diapers and can't believe i have not thought about a changing table for our lobby restroom! I know we have one for our bathrooms by the pool, but I will get this added as soon as possible! Thanks for the heads up!

I do hope to see you and your family on your way back home!

becky.decesare@marriott.com
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pensacola
Hampton Inn & Suites Pensacola / I-10 Pine Forest Road
Hyatt Place Pensacola Airport
TownePlace Suites Pensacola
TownePlace Suites Pensacola
#16 of 63 in Pensacola
SpringHill Suites Pensacola Beach
SpringHill Suites Pensacola Beac...
#3 of 10 in Pensacola Beach
BEST WESTERN PLUS Blue Angel Inn
Pensacola Grand Hotel
Pensacola Grand Hotel
#12 of 63 in Pensacola

Been to SpringHill Suites Pensacola? Share your experiences!