SpringHill Suites Pensacola
Good 3.5/5
Average 3/5
Average 3/5
View Hotel
All reviewsgreat hotelsliding doordesk areaoatmealgreat bedfavorite hoteldisney worldsofa bedlate checkrefrigerator and microwaveloved this hotelnext morningstaff was very friendlyminute drivestayed for one nightexcellent stayroom was spacious
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 4 January 2014 via mobile

This is a nice hotel and quite modern. Very clean and comfortable for a family of 5. Staff was pleasant. Most food deliveries end by 9pm in the area except a Dominos Pizza nearby that delivers late. The closets are one of the biggest we've seen in a hotel room which was quite convenient.

Stayed: January 2014
Becky D, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Pensacola, responded to this reviewResponded 7 January 2014

Dear Avanze1,

Thank you so much for choosing us while in Pensacola and filling this out!
I am happy to hear that a family of 5 fits comfortably in our rooms and the large closets was an added convenience.

Thanks again, and we look forward to your next stay with us soon!

Reviewed 3 January 2014

It's new, everything works, the bed was great, the location for business people and through travelers is perfect, the staff was professional and courteous. The decor and furnishings are snazzy and comfortable and the rooms/suites are well-designed for comfort and efficiency. What can I say other than give this place a try and I'm sure you'll be pleased.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear FlyingHome,

Thank you so very much for taking the time to write about us! I am so happy to hear you found our hotel great from the bed to the location! I agree, the decor is snazzy but still comfortable!
I will be sure to let the staff know you found them professional and curteous and that you please with us!

Thanks again and we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 3 January 2014

Excellent breakfast along with super service, especially from the night staff (Here's looking at you Joanne!) We stayed here the day on Christmas eve and then again 5 days later, both times every aspect of the stay was wonderful. The gym is open 24 hours and the constant availability of hot tea and coffee is a nice bonus. Rooms are modern and functional, with decent size bathrooms. The location is great for shopping and jumping on and off I-10. Absolutely nothing to complain about.

Room Tip: Ask for one away from the elevators in case a large group is staying in the hotel.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family

Dear, MichaelJC,
Thank you so much for staying with us twice over the holiday period! I am so happy you found our hot new breakfast excellent, and our evening staff exceptional!
Our large gym is is open 24 hours as well as the tea and coffee!
Thanks again for staying with us and for letting us know how your stay was! We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed 31 December 2013

A representative of this hotel knocked on my door and told me there was a smoke smell coming from my room. I opened the door, offered to let him look and told him there was no smoking going on. He said they would charge me a $250 fee. When I called the general manager, she told me that the rooms circulation systems are tied together and the smell of smoke travels from floor to floor. I asked if that means the smoke smell might have come from another room. She was quiet for a second and then reiterated that she would be charging me anyway. I'm right now in the room, haven't checked out yet, and asked her to come in the room to check. She said the smell could have dissipated and she might not smell it. So I asked what the fee then covers if there's no smell. She said its a fine and that there may be traces of smoke that the staff would need to clean. Absolutely ridiculous. I'm best man at a wedding today and am stuck in a hotel that is wrongfully charging me $250. Called the credit card company and the charge will be in dispute.

• Stayed: December 2013
6  Thank Paperlionz
Becky D, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Pensacola, responded to this reviewResponded 2 January 2014

Mr.Paperlionz,

I want to thank you for communicating your dissatisfactions and concerns about the Marriott Smoke-free Hotel Policy.

The charge was given the day before we talked from our Assistant General Manager who went to your room and notified you in person, after two other associates had reported the smell. Marriott is a smoke-free hotel chain. To learn more about this policy, please visit www.marriott.com/marriott/smokefree.mi

I thank you for staying with us and hope you will give us another try if you are ever in the Pensacola area.

Reviewed 30 December 2013

Great!!! Coffee at all times in lobby great hot breakfast!!!
Washing facilities on second floor.
2 dollars per wash and per dry
Perfect stop to and from traveling with two kids 5 and under. I pricelined choosing university area I got it around 50 both times (to disney and from) travel date after Christmas

• Stayed: December 2013
1  Thank texas2009

Dear Texas2009!

Thank you so much for the kind words! Having coffee out all the time is great and I am glad you enjoyed our hot new breakfast!

I agree our rooms are great when traveling with children and glad you found the guest laundry room as a bonus!

Thank you for choosing us while you traveled to and from Disney! We are glad you stayed with us and hope to see you again soon!